What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

DavidKlyne replied on 12/08/2024 15:54

Posted on 12/08/2024 15:54

Is it something to do with getting old but both Margaret and I are finding this very hot weather difficult to deal with. At least we have the luxury of not doing anything should we wish!

David

milliehull replied on 12/08/2024 18:38

Posted on 12/08/2024 18:38

Yes DavidK we are finding the heat difficult to deal with as well. We didn't used to get weather this hot years ago. We have had 33 degrees this afternoon. We used get those sort of temperatures in Greece and Portugal not in the UK. It is hopefully getting cooler as we week goes on.

KjellNN replied on 12/08/2024 19:15

Posted on 11/08/2024 21:57 by nelliethehooker

A quite hot day but the breeze kept it bearable. Had to do a long postponed but essential job this morning...cleaning out the buffering at the back of the house...yuck!! It was a great day for getting the wahing dried. Too warm to contemplate cleaning the car this afternoon as it had stood in the full sunshine all morning, and too many applies tomorrow to do it either, so hopefully I can get it and perhaps the caravan cleaned on Tuesday.

RK, please keep those temperatures, and the forthcoming thunderstorms over there. It is nice here to have a period of proper summer, even if It is only for a short while.

WN, enjoy your nights away. I don't think that we have visited Plas Brondanw, so one to add to the list for a future trip.

Good to read of the trips away taken by Francis, CS and David. 

CS there is a pleasant walk around Grimwith Reservoir not far from where you must be staying, just off the B6265 towards Grassington.  There is van with fine ice cream in the car park, just the job at the end of one s walk!!

Posted on 12/08/2024 19:15

Nellie….what on earth is buffering??

Wherenext replied on 12/08/2024 20:22

Posted on 12/08/2024 20:22

Probably best not to ask Kj.

Nellie - Plas Brondanw is quite small and typical of Clough-Ellis the garden is more architecturally set out. House a bit more interesting if you like contemporary art.smile If you do find yourself there then the nearby and accessible Glaslyn Osprey watch area is only 2.5 miles away.

Nice cool morning with some rain occasionally so a slow start to the day but it brightened up this afternoon into a pleasant day, not too hot here on the coast of West Wales. Bike riding today. Home tomorrow. Enjoyed the CL and the brief sojourn.

nelliethehooker replied on 12/08/2024 21:43

Posted on 12/08/2024 19:15 by KjellNN

Nellie….what on earth is buffering??

Posted on 12/08/2024 21:43

It should of course read "guttering", but my kindle has a mind of its own sometimes, Kjell. The tiny type format used in this reply box, and a fat finger syndrome doesn't help, either.😁

nelliethehooker replied on 12/08/2024 21:54

Posted on 12/08/2024 21:54

Glad you didn't get wet, WN, and were able to fit in a good home ride. Thanks for the information on the property and that about the Ospreys too. They are still there at the moment but it won't be long before they depart.

After early morning rain the day slowly brightened up and we had a fine warm afternoon. Yet another visit to the dentist this morning, and perhaps a call in tomorrow as I am having a problem with my new plate!yell I did get the car washed before lunch a d some more weeding done before the guy turned up to service the gas boiler. It could do with a new pump, but all being well that will be replaced under our boiler insurance policy. We will just have to keep our fingers crossed and wait and to hear what the outcome is.

DavidKlyne replied on 12/08/2024 22:20

Posted on 12/08/2024 22:20

Clearly people around the country having very different weather to us lot "down south". Apparently hottest  day of the year in Cambridge, nearly 35 degrees! Still very warm in MK but we do have a nice breeze which hopefully will cool us down. It needs to as it was 28.5 degrees in the bedroom a couple of hours ago!

David

Freddy55 replied on 12/08/2024 22:49

Posted on 12/08/2024 22:49

Here in Bristol it only got to about 23c, but quite humid, even with quite a strong breeze. I’m minded of the time 2 years ago we stayed on the Norfolk Broads site when it got up to 40c. We were stuck on site sat in the shade with our feet in bowls of water, it was just too hot to do anything. Still, it’s looking like normal service (rain) is set to return, just in time for our next trip away 🙁

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook