What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

Takethedogalong replied on 13/08/2024 20:28

Posted on 13/08/2024 17:14 by Bakers2

After a couple of weeks of feeling below par I seem to be returning to being 'normal'. No idea what it was, my get and go had got up and gone! A bit achy, very unmotivated, some things tasted odd. Covid? I have no idea we no longer have any tests and I wasn't engaging with anyone. Bare essentials done and very short, but off lead dog walks.

Been to darned hot. Stupid hot 🔥 for a few days, so more essentials only, sunlounger cool drink and the draughty spot in the garden. A very pleasant 28c today, such a relief after 34+ yesterday. Almost demanded a turn in takethedogalong's pool! Made do with lying in a cool bath. Can't imagine how our poor daughter in law feels at 8 months pregnant. She's making good use of the cool mat I bought her. Designed for a large dog she has several options on how to use it 🤣

Good to read others news and see photos. Wishing those, and their, relatives who are poorly better.

Harvest started here saturday, could have been Friday but supersistion said no. Didn't help as one load in the shed, combine went bang..... Trip to Nottingham for the part. Turned out it was user error, my family not involved, phew. Luckily the part back on the farm for 1730. Son on call after his day job for carting. Quick lesson on new tractor with a joystick 🕹 as they are DIL down. Not needed last night so hopefully it will continue. I keep my head well down.....

Fabulous reflex session, just what the alternative doctor ordered,this afternoon. Chose not to use the A1 anx had a pleasant shadier drive there and back. 

Stay cool folks. Oh Rufus I so envy your location at the moment!

Posted on 13/08/2024 20:28

Could very well be COVID Bakers. I had it a few weeks ago, I was exhausted for a week, could barely stand up. I had no symptoms whatsoever first time I had COVID, but Mum’s GP said this Summer COVID has been a bit different. Not getting as many in same household ( thankfully), but nasty if you get it. We can get test kits, only because my OH is on the vulnerable list (cancer, no spleen), so anyone else with a vulnerable member of family, it might be worth asking your GP. Kits are smaller, 5 tests, but they are a lot easier to use. You have to pick up from a pharmacy. Handy to have in, I have to test because of Mum. It would have finished her had she got it, so we are very careful.

nelliethehooker replied on 13/08/2024 21:46

Posted on 13/08/2024 21:46

A much duller day here with periods of rain, although it brightened up this evening and we have just had a spectacular red sky, which augurs well for tomorrow. Phoned the dentist around 8:30 this morning and they booked me an appointment for 3:15 this afternoon, when I had some adjustments made to my new plate which was much too tight and painful yesterday.. Received a phone call from the gas boiler service company to arrange a date for the fitting of the replacement parts, more great service, as the engineer only finish the service at 17:15 yesterday.

Nice photos, WN,  and pleased to read that had a good break and got home safely. 

Glad to hear that you are feeling much better, B2, and that the temperature has dropped to a more comfortable level.

Have a safe drive home David, you have covered a fair amount of ground this trip, with another long drive in the near future too. Take care.

DEBSC replied on 13/08/2024 23:07

Posted on 13/08/2024 23:07

Our weather is weird isn’t it, not hot here, in fact I had to find a sweater this afternoon as I was cold and I was dressed in jeans and a thick T-shirt. Then heavy rain for a few hours, puddles everywhere.

Hope that you recover soon Bakers. Nice photos Wherenext.

DSB replied on 14/08/2024 00:25

Posted on 13/08/2024 20:20 by Takethedogalong

Burton Agnes is a funny one DSB, having the EH Manor House right in the grounds of the new Hall. To be honest, you didn’t miss much this time with the Cafe, everything is being refurbished in that block at the moment, and they didn’t have much choice when we were there last week. There’s a nice cafe called The Cowshed at Fraisthorpe Beach, just South of Brid.

Posted on 14/08/2024 00:25

Thanks, TTDA. Will try and remember The Cowshed for the next time were up this way...  👍👍

David

DSB replied on 14/08/2024 00:30

Posted on 13/08/2024 21:46 by nelliethehooker

A much duller day here with periods of rain, although it brightened up this evening and we have just had a spectacular red sky, which augurs well for tomorrow. Phoned the dentist around 8:30 this morning and they booked me an appointment for 3:15 this afternoon, when I had some adjustments made to my new plate which was much too tight and painful yesterday.. Received a phone call from the gas boiler service company to arrange a date for the fitting of the replacement parts, more great service, as the engineer only finish the service at 17:15 yesterday.

Nice photos, WN,  and pleased to read that had a good break and got home safely. 

Glad to hear that you are feeling much better, B2, and that the temperature has dropped to a more comfortable level.

Have a safe drive home David, you have covered a fair amount of ground this trip, with another long drive in the near future too. Take care.

Posted on 14/08/2024 00:30

Thanks Nellie.  Just home for 4 nights before the jaunt up to the Outer Hebrides... 😀😀

David

RedKite replied on 14/08/2024 15:51

Posted on 14/08/2024 15:51

Well the website back up and running after being off for most of the day.

We have got rain hooray started about 9.30 this morning and still raining only light and some heavier bursts but ok with that saves watering and topping up the water butts and a lot cooler upto 20C  lovely after the extreme heat.

Sorry to hear about your illness and hope you are recovering Bakers2 agree with Ttda it sounds like Covid as it has been been around some villages here so we keep out of the way if we can.

Enjoy your trip DSB a long drive.

Off to friends tomorrow morning as OH will help out a computer issue for them and then coffee afterwards so hope it is dry so we can sit outside.

Take care folks.

Bakers2 replied on 14/08/2024 16:18

Posted on 13/08/2024 20:28 by Takethedogalong

Could very well be COVID Bakers. I had it a few weeks ago, I was exhausted for a week, could barely stand up. I had no symptoms whatsoever first time I had COVID, but Mum’s GP said this Summer COVID has been a bit different. Not getting as many in same household ( thankfully), but nasty if you get it. We can get test kits, only because my OH is on the vulnerable list (cancer, no spleen), so anyone else with a vulnerable member of family, it might be worth asking your GP. Kits are smaller, 5 tests, but they are a lot easier to use. You have to pick up from a pharmacy. Handy to have in, I have to test because of Mum. It would have finished her had she got it, so we are very careful.

Posted on 14/08/2024 16:18

Like you takethedogalong I'm super careful. OH was on the vunerable list but wasn't invited for the spring jab.

I spoke to the GP receptionist before feeling poorly. Our village pharmacy has ceased requesting repeat prescriptions from GP"s we have to order ourselves. I needed to know how go do it online.  Turned out I needed codes and passwords - I wasn't as IT dumb aside feared. I think the vunerable bit got missed on our move! Apparently Covid jabs are government lead, so check out the website. That's closed as spring jabs over.

I will ask at the GP about test kits as looking at our meds they need GP approval before reissue. I'll check out vunerable status again too.

If it was covid no idea where it came from although I hear plenty of folk locally having it. I'm still Billy no mates in that I stand well back from folk when conversing 🤣. Also really pleased that OH seems to have been unaffected. 

Your symptoms sound very similar to mine.... 

I typed this reply, fortunately I copied it before pressing reply! I fear I may have broken, not that it takes much 😕,  the website by posting. It was a new to me message

This site can’t be reached

www.caravanclub.co.uk’s DNS address could not be found. Diagnosing the problem.

Here's hoping I'm not the curse of CT or the website!

Thanks for your good wishes.

I walked  little further today, big mistake I fear. However with the help of a kind neighbour, who likes heights 🫣. We harvest some ripe, overly so in some cases, Victoria plums. Lots of rotting horrible ones on the tree and maggoty ones despite usual precautions. Been reading up but I won't use insestiside, so fingers crossed for next year. Not had the engery to deal with any yet. 

Safe travels for those on the move.

Rain, my friend in Porlock reported they had it this morning. Redkite it sounds refreshing and must smell wonderful. We have none forecast for the next week, be good to get the combining finished before it arrives, although our garden is desperate and our water use VERY high!

DavidKlyne replied on 14/08/2024 16:38

Posted on 14/08/2024 16:38

For anyone wanting a Covid test Tesco or Boots sell them for about £2 each or £9 for a pack of five. Probably local chemist as well. Always worth having a couple in the house.

David

Bakers2 replied on 14/08/2024 17:39

Posted on 14/08/2024 17:39

I saw a thread, started by Keiranstaff, at 0838 this morning regarding the lack of access to the website for some. Rowena updated about 1030. Apparently they use Fastnet to provide the website. A member commented a this afternoon.

I had it open in a tab, read it, a few minutes ago. A refresh gives the wrong way signs! Gone from the latest activity new discussions  too! Too much information divulged or keeping us in the dark?

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook