What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

Bakers2 replied on 14/08/2024 18:00

Posted on 14/08/2024 18:00

Tells us all we need to know and confirms what we all suspected......

It refers to my post on previous page quoted below

I saw a thread, started by Keiranstaff, at 0838 this morning regarding the lack of access to the website for some. Rowena updated about 1030. Apparently they use Fastnet to provide the website. A member commented a this afternoon.

I had it open in a tab, read it, a few minutes ago. A refresh gives the wrong way signs! Gone from the latest activity new discussions  too! Too much information divulged or keeping us in the dark?

Posted again as it failed to appear

heddlo replied on 14/08/2024 18:21

Posted on 14/08/2024 16:38 by DavidKlyne

For anyone wanting a Covid test Tesco or Boots sell them for about £2 each or £9 for a pack of five. Probably local chemist as well. Always worth having a couple in the house.

David

Posted on 14/08/2024 18:21

Yes we have some Covid tests from Boots.  Think ours were £10 for a pack of 5, but what’s a pound!!!  I like to have some around ‘just in case’.  

Bakers2 replied on 14/08/2024 19:42

Posted on 14/08/2024 19:42

I've just heard from milliehull. She sends apologies for her absence but she is still unable to get on CT.

She kindly emailed Rowena this morning, so it seems unfair!

Could someone report my post please, so whoever needs to action such things knows? Thank you.

nelliethehooker replied on 14/08/2024 21:35

Posted on 14/08/2024 21:35

Reported as requested, B2. 

We set off this morning on our latest trip with an easy 2 hr tow. Another new site for us, very basic but suits us fine, and we were joined this afternoon  by a M/H. It has been a lovely sunny day but cooled down this evening as the clouds built up. The panoramic photo was taken just behind the site. Anyone know where we are, as there is a good clue in the photo.

Takethedogalong replied on 14/08/2024 22:38

Posted on 14/08/2024 22:38

Hmm🤔 Are you somewhere near Alnwick Nellie. I seem to recall some kind of MOD installation high up in the hills not far away. Only a guess mind. It doesn’t look like the Pickering Pyramid that replaced the Goathland Golf Balls many years ago🤣

We have had a lovely day, another staycation day out for us into the Peak District. Picnic at Shillito Woods, then over Froggat Edge down into Calver to a gift shop to find something for my sister’s birthday. From there we ended up in Eyam. Decided to stop and have a good look around the Church, which is very interesting. I haven’t been here since I was in Junior School, many years ago. Onwards and upwards round lots of tiny roads, well off the beaten track, all very scenic. We came back down and ended up on main road between Hathersage and Hope, had a nice pub meal then onwards again across The Strines, Low and High Bradfield then took in the Cote de Oughtibridge climb back home. Not too busy anywhere, but plenty of folks in main centres. 

Photos are very old Cross in Churchyard, and The Plague Window in Eyam Church.

Takethedogalong replied on 14/08/2024 22:53

Posted on 14/08/2024 22:53

We were very lucky with test kits. Because OH had an Op a couple of years ago, we were given around 3-4 of the original test kit boxes, and they are still just in date. As I say, we have some new ones as well because he’s a fragile little specimen. Our GP and local hospitals are wonderful with him thankfully. We have our second shingles jab next month. Brilliant getting old☹️

richardandros replied on 15/08/2024 05:45

Posted on 13/08/2024 16:03 by Freddy55

Assuming you have a pump and filter, do you have a UV filter?

Posted on 15/08/2024 05:45

Yes - it has a UV lamp Freddy - and I replace it every six months, as required. The problem was that there was so much silt in the pond that it was a perfect feeding ground for the algae and nothing would shift it.  Since it has been cleaned, the water is now starting to clear - just another treatment required before we go away tomorrow and it should be fine.  Fish are leaping about  like mad and look very happysmile

Bakers2 replied on 15/08/2024 08:28

Posted on 15/08/2024 08:28

Not much changes after yesterday's issues. Today for the 1st time in a good while I'm getting server errors on the latest activity page 🫣🤬. You really couldn't make it up.

I did see that last evening Rowena had started another thread about the outage. Still no sign of the removed one! It offered numbers to contact for various things if access to the website was an issue. 

Nice to read it, but no use at all if you couldn't access the website or didn't know where to look! I hope no one regrets going digital............

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook