What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

milliehull replied on 15/08/2024 20:36

Posted on 15/08/2024 20:36

It's  taken a while but at last I can access the CT website again much to the joy of you all 🤣. 

It has been very hot here so I have been doing as little as possible. At least I was  on duty in the Cathedral on Tuesday and it was nice and cool in there. I have also been on duty to feed our daughter's animals (or rather the grandchildrens') - a cat and a guinea pig - as daughter and family are away camping with a group of friends. I don't really 'do' pets in cages. You seem to spend all your time feeding them and cleaning out their cages only for them to appear briefly to get their food and disapear back into their sleeping compartment. The cat is lovely though. She is a rescue cat that they got the same time as we got ours. Today we we met some friends for lunch which was a nice convivial occasion. I then watered some of the plants just before our evening meal and guess what - it then rained! Not a lot though, not really anything useful. It has been a bit cooler today with a strong breeze which was very welcome. I opened all the windows to get a breeze through the house to try and dissipate some of the heat.

Glad you are feeling a bit better bakers2. I wouldnt be surprised if it was covid as I read there has been a big uptick in cases during the summer. The chemists and some supermarkets sell the testing kits and you can also get them on Amazon. I keep a few in 'just in case'.  When I went to the dentist recently there was a notice on the reception desk saying covid cases were increasing and if we had any symptoms please dont go. A bit late really as we were already there!

milliehull replied on 15/08/2024 21:16

Posted on 15/08/2024 10:42 by heddlo

So proud today.  Grandson got 3 A’s and a B in his A levels!  He has a place at his chosen Uni but has decided not to take it as he doesn’t really know if he wants to do  the chosen course after all.  Such a sensible decision as he has always said he was unsure of the next direction he wants.  Taking a year out to try some work experience in a few different areas. Been a stressful morning for us, now phew!!!👏🏻👏🏻

Posted on 15/08/2024 21:16

Well done to your grandson heddlo. What a fantastic result. Good idea to defer for a year to give himself time to think about what a really wants to do and to gain a few life experiences. I think they are sometimes panicked into making a decision and then find they have made the wrong decision. Best of luck to him.

nelliethehooker replied on 15/08/2024 21:29

Posted on 15/08/2024 11:25 by Oneputt

Somewhere close to Appleby?

just managed to log on.  Don’t do Facebook

Posted on 15/08/2024 21:29

That's  correct, OP. I thought you might get the location. The view is looking towards Cross Fell and Great Dun Fell, with the globe on the top, and with Dutton Pike on the left of the photo. We are stopping on a CS about a mile out from Appleby.. It has been wet for much of the day, with the two stopping finally around 15;00, however the sky is now clear and we have just had a red sky.

Good to see that Millie, CS and OP have been able to get back on line and that Ro has posted a response to B2.

Congrats to Heddlo's grandson, a great achievement, and hopefully he will find out in the next year what he want to do workwise or if he wants to continue with his education.

DSB replied on 15/08/2024 21:41

Posted on 15/08/2024 10:42 by heddlo

So proud today.  Grandson got 3 A’s and a B in his A levels!  He has a place at his chosen Uni but has decided not to take it as he doesn’t really know if he wants to do  the chosen course after all.  Such a sensible decision as he has always said he was unsure of the next direction he wants.  Taking a year out to try some work experience in a few different areas. Been a stressful morning for us, now phew!!!👏🏻👏🏻

Posted on 15/08/2024 21:41

Thats great news, Heddlo.... do pass on our congratulations.  A year out is not a bad idea...  give him chance to get his head around what direction he wants to take.  All good luck to him for the future.

David

DSB replied on 15/08/2024 21:49

Posted on 15/08/2024 21:49

Mixed weather here today at home.... got back from 'our travels' yesterday. After playing for a funeral this morning, and an instumental practice, a small group of us provided some music for the Mother's Union Garden Party this afternoon.  Fortunately the rain kept off long enough for the event, and managed to pack up before the rain started.  Another funeral tomorrow and a wedding on Saturday, before we're off again.... 😀

David

DEBSC replied on 15/08/2024 23:02

Posted on 15/08/2024 23:02

Cut the grass front and back today, then cutback lots of plants and shrubs, filled the green bin that was only emptied yesterday, and we don’t have a large garden. It just seems to be cut back time of year. The lilac needs doing as it’s hanging over next door but it will have to wait until the weekend, not sure what I will do with the branches now the bin is full. I purchased a small battery chainsaw to make these jobs easier but haven’t used it much yet, it seems very powerful so a little in ore of it.

Taking our granddaughter to hospital tomorrow, she had one of her POTS episodes last week, unfortunately at the top of the stairs and fell down them. Head and shoulder hurt but she has maybe also broken her hand but X-ray not clear so MRI scan booked for tomorrow. It doesn’t make it easy for her to push her wheelchair so we hope they can sort it.

Takethedogalong replied on 16/08/2024 10:15

Posted on 16/08/2024 10:15

Hope it’s not broken DEBSC🤞 What a fighter she is.

I had a few hours in garden at home yesterday as well. Nettle removal, I leave a patch each year for bugs etc…. But it’s gone mad this year. It’s so dry here, we are on tidying now, cutting back as some things have done for year. Hoping to get into late October before leaves fall. I gave myself a Pat on the back after doing a good watering last thing…..then the heavens opened briefly. But at least it’s gone back into the butts. Need to take garden bags to tip later, but up at Mums today.

Red Kite mentioned the London Olympic opening yesterday. I skimmed through the best bits, haven’t seen it since 2012. Had forgotten how good it was to be honest. 

DEBSC replied on 16/08/2024 18:08

Posted on 16/08/2024 18:08

Left for Gdaughters hospital appointment at 11.30, just got home! Good job I thought to make sandwiches. Long wait for results in A&E after the MRI. A&E packed, lots of holidaymakers. We did stop to collect her and then took her home. Hand not broken but Dr said it’s damaged and may take a while to heal, but at least not broken. Just getting into the car at the hospital to leave and got a phone call to say that her sister had been taken very unwell at work. She is now resting at home. Got home to find the kitchen sink pipes have leaked water into the cupboards. OH now trying to fix but probably plumber tomorrow. One of those days.

Poor old chap in A&E in pyjamas, said he’d been there most of the day, sent from another small local hospital. We got him a drink of water as he said he was parched, didn’t seem to be able to get out of the hospital wheelchair, not sure that he had eaten all day, didn’t like to offer to get him anything in case not right, or he might need an op. We sat and chatted to him, Granddaughter engaged with him and made him laugh a bit. All staff looked busy but didn’t seem right that he was just left alone. Life can be rather sad.

Wherenext replied on 16/08/2024 18:41

Posted on 16/08/2024 18:41

Good luck to your GD DEBSC.  Good job she has a strong temperament.

Strange how different experiences some people have in A&E. When we took MiL after her recent fall the staff were on the ball about making sure that those people waiting to be seen or waiting for results/see a doctor weren't under any further duress. MiL was offered a free sandwich and a cuppa after 5 hours as was everyone else who was in as a patient. Carers had to look after themselves though. Too many people wasting A&E staff time as well. One wanted a repeat prescription as his GPs surgery was closed that afternoon.

Quiet last couple of days. Busy schedule next week so we're escaping for the weekend, with MiLs blessing. Just have to make sure bottles of water are cracked open and gently closed, pepper chopped for her salmon salad as she can't manage it and salmon cooked how she likes it. That and keep our fingers crossed.smile

DEBSC replied on 16/08/2024 19:29

Posted on 16/08/2024 19:29

Hope that you have a good weekend away Wherenext. To be fair it didn’t look as though too many time wasters, lots of falls, cuts and bruises. Many bleeding badly. One chap with a cut leg so drunk that he couldn’t stand up but not really causing any trouble. Three police officers down the corridor though in a room dealing with someone, waste of their time and the staff. Time wasters should, in my opinion, be left waiting hours and hours, and then they might not be so keen to go next time. Sadly, as in many areas of life, those that make the most noise, nuisance, get sorted first to get rid of them or shut them up.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook