What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

DEBSC replied on 10/08/2024 13:12

Posted on 10/08/2024 13:12

Thanks Redkite. ‘The joys of old age’, as I always say, better than the alternative.

Wherenext replied on 10/08/2024 20:07

Posted on 10/08/2024 20:07

I've just taken a cup of tea into MiLs front room where OH is being dutiful and watching Strictly Come Dancing from 2004 on BBC4. She mentioned that she might need counselling as she has just watched David "This tan is real" Dickenson dancing to "Sex Bomb". I regret that I can't unhear that so can understand Mrs.WNs remark about not being able to unsee it.surprisedlaughing The things children do for their parents.

Had quite a bit of rain this morning but afternoon turned fine and sunny so we were able to get out and about for a walk, do half an hour of weeding and finish putting the bikes on The Van.

The Ladies had a stroll (and an ice-cream without me being present) in the village today. They met a woman who knew MiL from her pre Stroke walking forays and they had a chat. The woman's daughter has had a Stroke and she is fairly young. She has Locked-In syndrome. So you see, there is always somebody worse off than yourself. MiL told the woman that she felt guilty as she is old and has had a good life so would swap places. It's no wonder I love her even if I do take the Mickey out of her.

Freddy55 replied on 10/08/2024 20:16

Posted on 10/08/2024 20:16

We’re off to Harrogate in just over a week. I have it mind to have a drive around the Forest Of Bowland. Can anyone suggest a good route (circular or otherwise) to be able to take in the landscape?

Cornersteady replied on 10/08/2024 20:24

Posted on 10/08/2024 20:24

I found out where I am, two minutes drive from Stump Cross mine, highly recommend (and spaces for MH parking), that was first then Grassington then sitting out. Another great day.

Oneputt replied on 10/08/2024 20:25

Posted on 10/08/2024 20:25

Great photos Corners

Another lovely sunny day here inEast Norfolk.  This morning went to Lowestoft to watch granddaughter play football in a preseason practice match against a team of boys.  Sophie scored the first goal of a 1-1 draw

Spent the afternoon pottering in the garden which is coming on splendidly 

Unfortunately brother was taken into Winchester hospital late Thursday night

nelliethehooker replied on 10/08/2024 21:42

Posted on 10/08/2024 21:42

Sorry to read that about your brother, OP, and hope that the hospital can sort him out once more. 

Grand photos, CS, we were over that way a couple of weeks ago and found plenty of places to visit. Hope the rest of your stay goes well.

Gold to hear that your MIL is getting out and about, WN, and It sounds as if she is getting back to her old articulate self once more. Hope you have another interesting trip, Where to this time?

Tda, we too have had fine weather but it hasn't been warm enough for us to contemplate getting a pool, too much sea breeze here.  Glad that you are able to enjoy yours.

It has been another fine sunny day with a pleasant breeze which I hoped continues during the forecasted not spell as both OH and Flyte don't? do well in the heat. I managed to get the inside of the caravan cleaned out and prepared for our next trip, and I might just give the outside a quick wash down tomorrow, although it doesn't look very dirty.

Takethedogalong replied on 10/08/2024 22:08

Posted on 10/08/2024 20:16 by Freddy55

We’re off to Harrogate in just over a week. I have it mind to have a drive around the Forest Of Bowland. Can anyone suggest a good route (circular or otherwise) to be able to take in the landscape?

Posted on 10/08/2024 22:08

Get up to Skipton, then on to Long Preston. From there you can take a few scenic road routes across the Forest of Bowland area. We took one of the shorter ones and ended up in Sawley, which has interesting Abbey ruins, if that’s of any interest to you. The villages are lovely, we enjoyed our drive, and want to go back and explore more. Single track roads in places, but nothing to give concern. OS maps will give you some good ideas on where the villages are, the eateries, and the gradients. Very beautiful area.  

Takethedogalong replied on 10/08/2024 22:18

Posted on 10/08/2024 20:24 by Cornersteady

I found out where I am, two minutes drive from Stump Cross mine, highly recommend (and spaces for MH parking), that was first then Grassington then sitting out. Another great day.

Posted on 10/08/2024 22:18

Lovely area, your cottage looks nice. There’s a wonderful scenic drive from Kettlewell up Coverdale that brings you out in Middleham if you are interested, superb scenery, and Middleham Castle and village. It’s “interesting” up the first mile or so from Kettlewell(🫣) but the scenery is lovely. You might get to see all the racehorses up on the gallops around Middleham as well. Enjoy🙂

Takethedogalong replied on 10/08/2024 22:19

Posted on 10/08/2024 20:25 by Oneputt

Great photos Corners

Another lovely sunny day here inEast Norfolk.  This morning went to Lowestoft to watch granddaughter play football in a preseason practice match against a team of boys.  Sophie scored the first goal of a 1-1 draw

Spent the afternoon pottering in the garden which is coming on splendidly 

Unfortunately brother was taken into Winchester hospital late Thursday night

Posted on 10/08/2024 22:19

Sorry to hear about your brother OP. Wishing you all the best.

Takethedogalong replied on 10/08/2024 22:29

Posted on 10/08/2024 22:29

Best wishes to you as well Debsc👍

Your MIL is such a trouper WN, and you and OH. Hope things go well for your next trip🤞. I left my Mum cheering on the divers this afternoon, she’s enjoying the Olympics. Mainly when folks fall down, or fall off, but at least she’s finding it interesting. Managed an couple of hours weeding and titivating in my own garden, and then……kersplash, more pool fun. I have a day off tomorrow and planning a full day in garden, while OH goes out on bike. Hopefully no rain, although we do need some.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook