What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

Takethedogalong replied on 06/08/2024 12:29

Posted on 05/08/2024 15:31 by Wherenext

Some photos from yesterday. Interesting candelabra as it is made from wood. You can see the candles in it. Photo taken from underneath as it looks like a huge spider. It's a wonder there hasn't been a fire.

Last photo is one of the views from Denbigh Castle looking down at a private school and towards the Clwydian Hills.

Nice easy drive home.

Posted on 06/08/2024 12:29

Very interesting. Sadly we drove past Denbigh Castle last December when in area, as we needed to get to cottage asap, and it was raining, but hopefully we will get back at some point. I have been round, but OH hasn’t. Hope your trip is going well๐Ÿ‘

DavidKlyne replied on 06/08/2024 21:37

Posted on 06/08/2024 21:37

Yesterday Margaret had a phone consultation with a Doctor at the Physio Clinic she was sent to so they could assess her hip. A scan and an x-ray have established she needs it replaced so the question now is where and when. The Physio Clinic do have their own hospitals but the nearest is either Kettering  or Banbury, there was also the offer of the Saxon Clinic here in MK. The problem with these private facilities is the fact that Margaret has had a heart by-pass operation and none of them have emergency provision. Undoubtable any of those establishments would have done the job more quickly. However after discussing it with the Doctor he is now going to refer Margaret to MK Hospital where the wait will be around a year! Maybe if the new Health Secretary can get things moving maybe it won't be so long but she is suffering. Maybe when she gets her appointment with the hospital we will get a clearer idea. 

David 

nelliethehooker replied on 06/08/2024 21:45

Posted on 06/08/2024 21:45

I well remember the last time we visited Denbigh Castle as we were in the company of good friends.wink Perhaps we will get there, or somewhere similar, with them again in the not too distant future.

Pleased to read that you got to see what you wanted to on your latest trip, WN.

We had an easy drive to our next site, a THS, with an expansive view across Morecambe Bay. There are about 30 units on tonight but there had been over 50 on here at the weekend. Not the cheapest one we have visited this year but worth the price for the great view. Hopefully I will be get a decent photo of the view tomorrow, as, although it was fine and clear when we arrived, it became hazy in the afternoon and it was difficult to see the Lakeland Hills clearly. It stayed fine, if a bit breezy, all the same I was able to sit out until after 19:00. Have just booked a site for our next trip, £5 pn with full facilities, ....well a water tap and an elsan point! What more can one want?๐Ÿ˜y

Wherenext replied on 07/08/2024 16:19

Posted on 07/08/2024 16:19

British Gas had made it difficult earlier in the year to self book an appointment for a boiler service. "We'll be in contact with you when you need a service" was approximately the message. Left me frustrated for a while, then I forgot about it until this week. So I logged on yesterday morning and lo and behold a calendar for appointments appeared and even more amazingly there was a free spot for same day afternoon. Rest of August fully booked. Gas man duly came and did the best service we've had in years but I'll be switching in November.

We took a full service for both boiler and an emergency call out for other services contract a few years ago as we were away quite a lot and wanted to make life easy for MiL to get in touch with a reputable company in an emergency. We're now at home a lot more and hopefully the need isn't the same. Plus the cost has rocketed.

Is there such a thing as a "Scarfaholic?" If so does anyone know the helpline number? MiL acquired yet another one today. She must have at least 30+. We took her to a local garden centre to assimilate her in her recovery. 

Not nice weather today. Windy and cool with rain off and on.

DSB replied on 07/08/2024 19:26

Posted on 07/08/2024 19:26

Hi David.  Glad to hear they have started the process to sort out Margarets hip.  Carol is suffering with hip and knees at the moment, but she has been told she must lose some weight before they will put her on the list for replacements.  At the moment she is on so many pain killers!  Fingers crossed they both get sorted soon.

David

DavidKlyne replied on 07/08/2024 20:56

Posted on 07/08/2024 19:26 by DSB

Hi David.  Glad to hear they have started the process to sort out Margarets hip.  Carol is suffering with hip and knees at the moment, but she has been told she must lose some weight before they will put her on the list for replacements.  At the moment she is on so many pain killers!  Fingers crossed they both get sorted soon.

David

Posted on 07/08/2024 20:56

David 

I have heard before that ladies have been asked to lose weight prior to a hip operation, it happened to one of my ex colleagues. I think in those circumstances I would be tempted to ask if that rule would apply if you went privatewink

I think Margaret will be happier once she has seen a consultant at the Hospital as that will mean the process is in train even if it does mean a wait. There is always the temptation to have it done privately but should that be necessary? Both boys keep saying just spend the money. The strange thing with Margaret's hip is that if seems to have come to the point of needing a replacement quite quickly. With mine I seem to recall it was about three years before they suddenly said you need it replaced.

Hope Carol gets sorted soon.

David

nelliethehooker replied on 07/08/2024 21:31

Posted on 07/08/2024 21:31

It has been much cloudier today, but thankfully we have virtually no rain, just a short shower when we were out walking this morning, but we were sheltered by overhanging trees at the time. We had parked in the old quarry on the side of Warton Crag and had a walk through parts of the Nature Reserve before lunch, and up onto the upper levels after. I then had a walk along the coastal path from the site on our return after getting in some shopping where I came across a couple of interesting  pieces of work. If one looks closely you can just about make out our caravan site in the middle  distance of the sea scape photo.

Oneputt replied on 07/08/2024 21:38

Posted on 07/08/2024 21:38

Nice photos Nell.

Had a lovely morning on the beach this watching grandson and his karate club training.  Over 20 youngsters participating and it’s great to see their self discipline and enthusiasm. Of course they all ended up in the sea at the end of the session 

Wherenext replied on 08/08/2024 16:53

Posted on 08/08/2024 16:53

Nice photos Nellie. A few years since we've been up Warton Crags.

I mentioned British Gas service yesterday. Received a letter from them today asking me to book a service, dated 31/07. Renewal in November so if they are as tardy in arranging it next year they will go an entire year without providing a service at all. Nice (non) work if you can get it.

For those CT members who usually enjoy posting on here but are now missing it due to the font size reduction please note that I have asked Rowena to look into it plus if it helps you then post in the reply box using Bold type. It makes things easier to see.smile

DSB replied on 08/08/2024 17:52

Posted on 08/08/2024 17:52

Weather a bit cloudy with a few showers here in Northumberland today, so decided on a visit down to Warkworth Castle - making use of our English Heritage membership.  Hoping for a brighter day tomorrow, for our last day here at South Meadows, before moving on...

David

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook