What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

KjellNN replied on 01/08/2024 17:52

Posted on 01/08/2024 17:52

We have had a “day off” today, so I have been tackling fitting the new wheel spat, with help from OH.  Not easy, but hopefully have managed it.  Tomorrow I will need to seal the top edge to the van body.  Hope I have secured it sufficiently to avoid it falling off!,

Very warm and humid here, fans going.

I will be back to working in the flat either tomorrow or Saturday

BBQ at DD’s on Saturday evening

Wherenext replied on 01/08/2024 19:37

Posted on 01/08/2024 19:37

Millie, MiL is feeling a bit better thanks and is now off the cocodemel pain killers. They have a bad side effect for her so she'd rather have a bit of pain. She actually went for a second short stroll late this afternoon. She's told us to book in somewhere this Sunday as we have a couple of local places we want to visit. Mind you we will only be about 20 minutes away. She'll not go out on her own. Back home after the 1 night.

Hope you get used to the car quickly.

We actually had some rain during the night, which made the air a bit fresher this morning. Back to hot though.

Rufs replied on 03/08/2024 07:40

Posted on 03/08/2024 07:40

Wow!!!! a whole day and no postings, everybody must be super busy and enjoying the sunshine.

Very gloomy just now here but super sticky, Cowes fireworks last night were a bit of a non show, apparently the Cowes sailing club have lost the sponsor for their end of week display, however, a holiday camp which is in East Cowes did put on a display which we could see quite clearly so all good, however, there was a very strong SSW wind which made it feel very cold, but now no wind and hopefully the sun will return later, happy weekend to one and all

DavidKlyne replied on 03/08/2024 09:40

Posted on 03/08/2024 09:40

Rufs, wasn't Waverley Park by any chance? 

Thankfully much cooler here in MK overnight, although it takes a while for the house to cool down. For my birthday I had one of those Fitbit style watches that record heart rate, sleep and much more. Apparently last night I had eight hours sleep compared to four the night before!

David

Rufs replied on 03/08/2024 10:01

Posted on 03/08/2024 10:01

"Rufs, wasn't Waverley Park by any chance"

yes it was, have only ever been to the club site on the IOW but it seems to have quite a good reputation.

DavidKlyne replied on 03/08/2024 11:48

Posted on 03/08/2024 11:48

Rufs

We liked it when we stayed there, booked the ferry with them as well, ferry terminal only five minutes from the site. Serviced pitches but only 10 amp electrics, which is fine for most of the year. The pitches are terraced with nice views out over the Solent. http://www.davidklyne.co.uk/waverley_park.html for some pictures. Its fine going down into East Cowes but a bit steep coming back up if walking or on a bike. Osbourne House not to far away.

David

DavidKlyne replied on 03/08/2024 21:08

Posted on 03/08/2024 21:08

It was my birthday a week ago and one of the presents I asked for was a Fitbit style watch as I was interested in monitoring various things. Totally unnecessary of course but being a bit of a nerd just the thing I would like! It measures heart rate, blood oxygen levels, sleep patterns and steps. I was particularly interested in the latter as someone we worked with said that she often does over 10000 steps around the house which I found hard to believe, although in fairness she could race around the house at a pace! From the first few days I haven't found the step count to be wildly out of step with the app on my phone although because  I wear the watch 24/7 it does have a higher count but not more than you would expect. Perhaps I need to enter my ex colleague for the next Olympics! Sleep measurement is interesting as it measures when you are awake, light sleep and deep sleep. On Thursday which was very muggy I manged just over 4 hours sleep. The next night which was cooler it was over 8 hours! 

David

Francis replied on 04/08/2024 10:55

Posted on 04/08/2024 10:55

Had a lovely day yesterday we were invited over to 2nd oldest sons house in Edinburgh for a family BBQ lovely day and very warm and sunny great family day. Drive home was a nightmare as the M8 was closed so a long diversion round Glasgow. Not much planned for today weather not too good here at the moment 

Hope everyone else is having a nice weekend 

Wherenext replied on 04/08/2024 18:31

Posted on 04/08/2024 18:31

Nice one Francis.

We've had a smashing day as well. CADW (Welsh Heritage) operate three Chapels for estate owners and we attended a guided tour of one of them today. They're only open once a month for a short period of the year. This one is on the Rug estate near Corwen. Very interesting, quite ornate in places and hedging it's bets between the 2 main religions. Considering it was built in 1632 you can probably understand why it remained unconsecrated.

Its been passed on down the years. One of the guardians, Lord Newborough known as Mike, was a bit of a character. He fought in WW2, sailed over to Dunkirk 5 times to save lives, was a Commando unit that torpedoed the harbour at St.Nazaire in France to prevent the Germans using that harbour. Was sunk in that mission, captured then escaped from a POW camp, recaptured and sent to Colditz. When he died in 1998 he had his ashes put into a cannonball and fired into the estates' woodland. Isn't History fascinating?

I'll put photos on tomorrow when we get home from our 1 night overnight stay on a CL. Some of them need editing as the light not very good and this android not the best.

Afternoon spent wandering around Denbigh Castle. Another fascinating place with gorgeous vistas. Worth a visit if you're in the area.

Then off to the CL. The roads were very quiet today and I enjoyed the driving in a beautiful part of North Wales that most visitors bypass.

DSB replied on 04/08/2024 19:08

Posted on 04/08/2024 19:08

Gla to hear that the MIL is feeling better Wherenext.  Sorry you were disappointed in the fireworks at Cowes, Rufs.  You need to go to Monaco (🤣🤣)..  In the days we used to go regularly to Provence we alway made a trip out to Monaco for one of the firework nights.

We've spent today travelling from Stonehaven CAMC site to a private site in Northumberland (South Meadows, at Belford), and have set up for the next few days.  The breeze was rather cool at Stonehaven but at least it was dry.  Started to rain here in Northumberland.  Fingers crossed it will be short lived...

David

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook