What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

milliehull replied on 08/08/2024 19:22

Posted on 08/08/2024 19:22

Lovely photos nellie. Lovely to see Flyte as well.

Thank you for contacting Rowena about the small font WN.  I do hope she can sort it out as it is very frustrating.

1. Rather a mundane week here but at least it has been a bit cooler so I have got some outstanding jobs done including a big pile of ironing. I am getting used to driving the new car. I drove us to a garden centre yesterday as OH had been given some very generous garden vouchers which it didn't long for us  to spend on some nice shrubs with the help of a very helpful member of staff. Today we have been on one of our U3A church visits to a church in a village in the fens near Spalding. For such a small village it was a huge church. It was started around 1180 and was the result of fierce compeition between a local Abbot and a local Prior who were trying to outdo each other. The present congregation of around 25 to 30 people must rattle around in such a huge space. We had a very interesting tour followed by a very good tea. On the way home we popped into Springfields Outlet Shopping Centre near Spalding where we made a few purchases - well it would have been rude not to!!

Wherenext replied on 09/08/2024 20:36

Posted on 09/08/2024 20:36

Quite a full day today for all of us.

Mrs.WN took her mother off to town for a couple of reasons but mainly to get her walking and meeting people again. She does have friends in the village who call but she needed a change of scenery. Besides which there are clothes shops in town. She also took her to Tesco, only the second time she has been since January.

Meanwhile I was getting The Van ready for a 2 night break. MiL feels up to looking after herself for that long, hence the Tesco visit. Then I got stuck into some gardening as brown bins emptied today. The dastardly Hawthorne made life challenging. Somehow I escaped losing any blood to it.smile

Mrs WN and self continued after lunch on the bottom part of our back garden.

Nice day weather wise so plenty of chat going on in the close.

Hope one and all have a nice weekend.

nelliethehooker replied on 09/08/2024 21:56

Posted on 09/08/2024 21:56

Lovely photos nellie. Lovely to see Flyte as well.

Thanks Millie, he is doing well, although does have a limp nowadays, but his blindness doesn't seem to worry him over much and he is always eager to go walking with the both of us and still leads the way, 

Yesterday was rather mixed weather wise, find in the morning so that we could get a decent trot along the front at Morecambe before the rain came. However although heavy at times the showers were only short interspersed with longer  periods of light drizzle. I managed to avoid the worst of them with two further walks, one at Hemps Bank and another along the canal to Carnforth. It was windy during the night which thankfully blew away the rain so the ground wasn't over wet this morning, but it was still cloudy. Got away in the dry but caught a short shower just before getting home which meant that the front cover was wet!!yell  The gods were looking down on us, though, and the sun came out, OH was able to get all the washing done and dried outside, and the cover too dried off nicely. Now I have the van and car to clean, before we head off again, along with yet another dental appointment, but hopefully final one until our next hygienist visit in the autumn, and our annual gas boiler service.

Takethedogalong replied on 09/08/2024 22:33

Posted on 09/08/2024 22:33

We have had a couple of cooler days here, but it’s very dry. Our pool is getting lots of use, so relaxing just to have an hour skimming and floating around. Not finding it any trouble to maintain, and only topped it up a tiny bit since we filled it. Surprising how easy it is to get into, despite not being heated.

We had a nice day out Weds, and managed to see the sea! Burton Agnes Gardens, on to Fraisthorpe Beach, and then a fish and chip supper in Brandesburton. Managed to get pooch round in his chariot, but he was too tired for the beach. He slept nearly all day Thursday.

Never been to Spalding Millie, but it sounds interesting. Hope your next trip goes well WN, and yours too Nellie👍

Francis replied on 09/08/2024 22:56

Posted on 09/08/2024 22:56

We arrived on site early afternoon just to one of our local sites. Site very busy rained a bit earlier but then the sun came out. Not sure if plan for tomorrow.

Hope everyone else has a nice weekend

milliehull replied on 10/08/2024 09:07

Posted on 09/08/2024 22:33 by Takethedogalong

We have had a couple of cooler days here, but it’s very dry. Our pool is getting lots of use, so relaxing just to have an hour skimming and floating around. Not finding it any trouble to maintain, and only topped it up a tiny bit since we filled it. Surprising how easy it is to get into, despite not being heated.

We had a nice day out Weds, and managed to see the sea! Burton Agnes Gardens, on to Fraisthorpe Beach, and then a fish and chip supper in Brandesburton. Managed to get pooch round in his chariot, but he was too tired for the beach. He slept nearly all day Thursday.

Never been to Spalding Millie, but it sounds interesting. Hope your next trip goes well WN, and yours too Nellie👍

Posted on 10/08/2024 09:07

Glad you are enjoying your pool tda. I am very envious in this hot weather. Yes the area around Spalding is very interesting - lots of history  - but very flat! We could see the church spire for miles so no danger of getting lost.

Cornersteady replied on 10/08/2024 09:15

Posted on 10/08/2024 09:15

My view this morning. I'm actually not sure where I am but we had dinner last night in Ripon and then we drove 15 miles west. I was asleep. Yes not driving. It's a former chapel past Greenhow and so far it's brilliant.

DavidKlyne replied on 10/08/2024 09:55

Posted on 10/08/2024 09:55

I put an old cement mixer on Marketplace yesterday. There seem to be hundreds on there so didn't think I would have much luck. How wrong could I be! I had about a dozen people wanting it and someone came and collected it this morning. Clearly I didn't ask enough for itsmile

David

DEBSC replied on 10/08/2024 10:21

Posted on 10/08/2024 10:21

As I mentioned to Wherenext on another topic on here re holidays, we are hibernating at home at the moment, due to everywhere, including Tesco! being crammed with holidaymakers. As always I have to say we will be glad when the school holidays are over, our little roads just can’t cope with it. There seems to be roads closed due to accidents each day, possibly because some try to drive here like they would where they live, where there are duel carriageways etc. On the up side of staying home our garden is looking very tidy.

Our son and family arrived late last night, bringing more things to put in the lock up and they have now gone off looking at more houses today, they just have to sell theirs.

OH has had hospital appointments for different reasons all week, all from one visit to the GP, I have been telling him to go for ages. Yesterday he had a procedure which was arranged very quickly so we were quite worried, I am a worry guts at the best of times. However the Dr gave him the all clear there and then, so relieved. He is resting today. Only the Cardiologist appointments to think about now.

Better get on and think about dinner for them all when they get back after the house hunting.

RedKite replied on 10/08/2024 12:26

Posted on 10/08/2024 12:26

Glad folks are enjoying their breaks away and folks at home, and the pool is being used well Ttda well ours is now empty ready to dismantle but just too hot upto 39C today and even hotter tomorrow and Monday as we are now in a heatwave again and I have been using the spa but not in this heat even with big sun umbrella over it just too hot, hopefully it will be cooler next week.

Did cut my Lavender this morning very early before the heat arrived and now it is drying outside.

Our friends have enjoyed their trip to Scotland and found that sites were very quiet even the ones on the way up and back now on I.O.W. sorting out a family garden and the garage and will be on their way back to France next Saturday and are looking forward to getting back home and have not missed the hot weather here.

Glad your OH'S appointments are going ok Debsc and hopefully for the rest of them, my OH does not like this heat as it plays havoc with his sugar levels and not sleeping well either so a lot of rest and not doing too much outside and he is eating all the correct food as well and he says the joys of old age ha ha.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook