What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

DavidKlyne replied on 28/07/2024 15:19

Posted on 28/07/2024 15:19

I assume we were still using the Met Office when Michael Fish gave his famous forecast? Is the clue not in the word forecast? As the crow flies we probably live 10/15 miles south of Silverstone and during the GP whilst it was raining there we could see sunshine out of our window. F1 teams spend a lot of money getting their weather forecasts as so much depends on track conditions but even they don't get pin point accuracy. They can see the weather but it often either slows down or moves in quite a small area. Lets be careful here, if the weather was that accurate we would have nothing to talk aboutsmile

David

Wherenext replied on 28/07/2024 17:15

Posted on 28/07/2024 17:15

I think we all realise that it's never going to be an exact science David but 40 years ago the computer programmes they had would not have been as sophisticated compared to those of today. I do expect a fairly accurate forecast for the next 24 hours but after that I take it all with a pinch of salt.

I'm also prepared to give them some leeway if the weather system is fast changing.

Quick look in as I've escaped from cooking duties for 10 minutes.

Francis replied on 28/07/2024 18:14

Posted on 28/07/2024 18:14

Wonderful day today here weather was brilliant so we went down to Culzean Castle with sun DIL and gdaughter lovely day out we only live 40 mins away and stay at The Ranch often which is only a couple of miles from the castle but we hadn’t been for about 20 years. Lovely day with great views and a good walk around the estate grounds. Now home sitting out the back garden with dinner sizzling away on the Cadac. 

Hope everyone else is having a nice weekend 

DavidKlyne replied on 29/07/2024 15:08

Posted on 29/07/2024 15:08

Just wondered if any of you have a Dobbies Card? I know their Garden Centres do vary around the country but we are lucky to have quite a good one. It costs now £15 a year but does entitle you to two free coffees every month, plus on the birthday of the card holder two cakes! There are also discounts to plant purchases and you earn points but like all loyalty schemes  you have to spend a fortune to save up any worthwhile amount! Purchased a Blue Hydrangea as I already have pink and red. They seem to grow quite well in pots so easy to move around to provide colour where you need it.  

David

Wherenext replied on 29/07/2024 16:05

Posted on 29/07/2024 16:05

Everything seems so inconsequential  about what I've been doing today after reading the awful news of the stabbing of very young children who were enjoying a dance session in Southport.

Words fail me. Here's hoping for the best outcome for those involved and their families.

Cornersteady replied on 29/07/2024 16:46

Posted on 29/07/2024 16:46

Caught these gulls having a wash and fighting over a fresh crab at Seahouses!

Weather has really improved and very warm. 

InaD replied on 29/07/2024 19:46

Posted on 29/07/2024 16:05 by Wherenext

Everything seems so inconsequential  about what I've been doing today after reading the awful news of the stabbing of very young children who were enjoying a dance session in Southport.

Words fail me. Here's hoping for the best outcome for those involved and their families.

Posted on 29/07/2024 19:46

Totally agree WN.  We've had a lovely day out (from home), a lovely walk, beautiful views, but once home read about those stabbings in Southport. It somehow seemed our day out was an extravagance, compared to what happened there. I now read that 2 children have been killed, a number injured and a 17-year old has been arrested.

Like you, words fail me.  Thoughts and prayers with all those affected.

milliehull replied on 30/07/2024 08:07

Posted on 29/07/2024 19:46 by InaD

Totally agree WN.  We've had a lovely day out (from home), a lovely walk, beautiful views, but once home read about those stabbings in Southport. It somehow seemed our day out was an extravagance, compared to what happened there. I now read that 2 children have been killed, a number injured and a 17-year old has been arrested.

Like you, words fail me.  Thoughts and prayers with all those affected.

Posted on 30/07/2024 08:07

My thoughts exactly. I just can't comprehend what happened. It is absolutely heartbreaking.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook