What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

Francis replied on 30/06/2024 18:08

Posted on 30/06/2024 18:08

Well yesterdays caravan wash turned out taking a lot longer than I thought ended up cleaning under all the skylights then the awning rails on both sides it’s amazing the amount of moss etc that gathers van looks great now though.

Up early this morning and away down to the Moffat classic car show with the Mercedes great day nice to meet up with friends rain stayed off which was a bonus. Merc now back in it’s garage ready for next time. Caravan packing this week getting ready for the off

Wherenext replied on 30/06/2024 19:48

Posted on 30/06/2024 19:48

Where are you off to Francis? Hope it goes well for you.We know Moffat well as MiL born and bred there. OH still has cousins living there.

We're having a night away on Tuesday, just local. Trying the bike rack out. Practice run today, which involved a lot of contortions (bikes not me) and a few naughty words.innocent We seem to have hit upon the solution. The Van has a high rear mounted spare wheel which was the problem. We don't seem to have stopped much today as we were finishing off moving all of the breakables back into place after painting yesterday.

Also took both of my ears for a clean out, well I couldn't leave one of them behind. Thanks NHS.

Although, I'll now be able to hear the TV in the other room where MiL seems besotted by anything to do with antiques, garden makeovers or Poirot!yelllaughing All I need is for Poirot to be investigating the discovery of a body whilst someone digging up the patio and for the silver candlesticks that was used in the murder to be lying next to it. My world will be complete.

Takethedogalong replied on 30/06/2024 20:05

Posted on 30/06/2024 20:05

Enjoy your night away WN. 👍

We have just finished watching England game🫣 Tde France was superb today.

Have ordered our pool, just need the next heatwave now🤞

nelliethehooker replied on 30/06/2024 21:57

Posted on 30/06/2024 21:57

Hope your night away goes well, WN, and the weather is kind for your bike ride.

Have a good trip away, Francis, where are you heading for this time?

Fingers crossed that the pool arrives before the next heatwave,, tda, and It is all set up in time.

It was a rather dull start to the day, but thankfully it stayed dry throughout and OH's washing dried outside. I Bobby Dazzled the caravan before we completed the paper hanging, and then loaded items into the caravan in readiness for our next trip. In the afternoon the sun came out but there was still a cooling breeze making it pleasant for my walk out.

Francis replied on 01/07/2024 00:33

Posted on 01/07/2024 00:33

We are off to Somerset again 3 years since we were last there the last time we were there for. 18 nights and saw rain once so fingers crossed for the same again 

HelenandTrevor replied on 01/07/2024 08:23

Posted on 01/07/2024 08:23

Wherenext Apologies I managed to loose my post yesterday, server error and then WiFi problems! We stayed over night at Small Holding near Holmes Chapel, no ehu but a toilet, loads of space and quiet and entrance to woods which lead to a country park opposite.

Spent yesterday exploring Arnside, which was quiet when we arrived but after walking along the bay got back to find it was heaving,with organised walks.  We also visited Warton Crag nature reserve, fantastic views from the top of the Quarry.

Last night we ventured down to one of the local pubs, it was like stepping back in time, about 100 years, mind you the locals were very friendly and we enjoyed beer or 2 and  a good chat.🙂 

Enjoy Somerset Francis, hope the weather is okay, our forecast for the NW isn't looking good.🥺

Takethedogalong replied on 01/07/2024 12:55

Posted on 01/07/2024 12:55

Gosh that England game was a narrow squeak last night🫣 Pleased they got through though. Gardening at Mum’s this morning, some hard landscaping in between the showers. Little bit warmer than yesterday thankfully. 

Wherenext replied on 01/07/2024 16:32

Posted on 01/07/2024 16:32

Thanks Helen. I suspect that we might be paying Arnside a visit next week when we take MiL for a cottage break over near Cartmel.

We bought a windscreen cover online last week and decided it was too cumbersome. We were able to take it back to Euro Car Parts depot in Chester this morning. No hassle. Bought a lightweight one instead.

Had rain off and on all day.

Really need 2 nights away to unwind but as we're going away soon we need to start doing things here, like prescription collections for all 3 of us.1 night will have to do and we'll be grateful. MiL is starting to walk on her own quite a bit now, still not far but she can trusted not to overdo it.

Enjoy Somerset Francis. An underrated county.

DSB replied on 01/07/2024 18:54

Posted on 29/06/2024 16:23 by DavidKlyne

The only time we stayed at Pandy we had a phone call from our eldest son, at 19,  with his A Level results which were good enough to get him into UCL, he's 47 now!!! Pitches do vary in size but generally serviced pitches are generally pretty good. I think some of the newer C&CC sites are getting larger hardstandings.

David

Posted on 01/07/2024 18:54

The pitches do actually still vary in size David, but most of the smaller pitches are designated non-awning.  Some of the longer standard pitches are not as wide  but the car is expected to be parked in front on the unit.  We're fine an a sdrviced pitch... 👍👍

The site looks good, although I can't compare it with 'pre-refurb.  It's our first time here.

milliehull replied on 01/07/2024 19:59

Posted on 01/07/2024 19:59

We travelled home from Norfolk on Saturday. I am glad that we were travelling away from the coast as the traffic going to the coast was one one long queue. It was a very hot day which made the unloading and unpacking hard work. Sunday was cooler. There was a celebration of St Peter at the Cathedral (our Patronal Day) and 'the great and the good' were there including one chap with spurs and a sword and another wearing stockings, black patent shoes with silver buckles and coat with lots of buttons - I am.not sure what their titles were but they were obviously important. At least they thought they were! An interesting morning 😁. In the afternoon we went to eldest son's for a BBQ. OH and son watched the England match and even DIL and I got interested towards the end - what a nail biting finish. This morning was OH's appt with the physio. She sent him for an Xray on his knee and gave him some exercises for his knee and his back. There was some talk of an injection. Follow up in 3 weeks. Aldi shopping this afternoon plus shopping for some other bits and bobs. In between times I am trying to catch up with all the washing. How can only 2 of us generate so much?!

DEBSC Positive news for your grand-daughter. I do so hope it works out for her

WN great news that your MIL is beginning to walk independently. I hope you enjoy your night away in your MH this week and also have a lovely cottage holiday near Cartmel with your MIL.

Helen enjoy Arnside. A lovely part of the country.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook