What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

Wherenext replied on 01/07/2024 20:20

Posted on 01/07/2024 20:20

In between times I am trying to catch up with all the washing. How can only 2 of us generate so much?! 

Because you're clean living? OH occasionally says to me that she wishes we were not so particular about personal hygiene as it would make life a lot easier. Not with her sense of smell it wouldn't!laughing

Doesn't sound like you needed those snow shoes after all Millie.smile

Edit - I think the club is missing a trick. They could easily get the reply box sponsored by Spec Savers!

milliehull replied on 01/07/2024 20:38

Posted on 01/07/2024 20:20 by Wherenext

In between times I am trying to catch up with all the washing. How can only 2 of us generate so much?! 

Because you're clean living? OH occasionally says to me that she wishes we were not so particular about personal hygiene as it would make life a lot easier. Not with her sense of smell it wouldn't!laughing

Doesn't sound like you needed those snow shoes after all Millie.smile

Edit - I think the club is missing a trick. They could easily get the reply box sponsored by Spec Savers!

Posted on 01/07/2024 20:38

I agree about Specsavers WN. It really hurts my eyes the print is so small. I got so fed up I stopped checking for any typos I might have made.

HelenandTrevor replied on 01/07/2024 21:47

Posted on 01/07/2024 21:47

We visited Morecambe today, came away thinking we shouldn't have bothered. Very run down and apart from some school children on the beach on a field trip it was deserted. The weather was pretty miserable, raining on and off. Day improved with a trip into Carnforth where we had lunch at the Brief Encounter cafe followed by a visit to the exhibition at the station, very interesting with film, railway and Brief Encounter memorabilia,  you could even watch the film.😆 

Good to read your MIL's walking is improving,hope you all enjoy your cottage break WN.

Millie, the washing after a holiday is always one of the jobs I dislike too, bit like the tiny font when typing on here!! ☚ī¸

nelliethehooker replied on 01/07/2024 21:50

Posted on 01/07/2024 21:50

Helen, are you on a CL near Arnside? Enjoy your stay in the area.

Sounds like an interesting morning at the Cathedral, Millie. Hope that the x-ray helps to identify the problem with your OH's knee and the the exercises easy his aches and pains.

We were able to get the van packed up and away between a light shower of rain. We had an easy 100ml drive to our first site of this trip. It was raining lightly while we set up and then had a heavier shower around mid afternoon, but it has been dry since then. The nights do seem to be drawing in a bit too quickly though it has been a dark day all round.

A couple of photos from this evenings walk, does anyone know what they are known as?

richardandros replied on 02/07/2024 06:38

Posted on 02/07/2024 06:38

"and 'the great and the good' were there including one chap with spurs and a sword and another wearing stockings, black patent shoes with silver buckles and coat with lots of buttons - I am.not sure what their titles were but they were obviously important."

Sounds like the Lord Lieutenant and the High Sheriff of the County, millie. They were always invited to our annual Order of St John service when I worked for St John Ambulance - so a similar thing.

milliehull replied on 02/07/2024 08:11

Posted on 02/07/2024 08:11

Thanks R&R I thought that was who they were but didn't want to say on here as I wasnt sure. The Mayor was also there and arrived slightly late - but then he is Italian!

Grey and wet here today.

Bakers2 replied on 02/07/2024 08:20

Posted on 02/07/2024 08:20

Grey and wet here today.

Milliehull, isn't it just. Fine mizzle but heavy. 2 damp dogs here plus me! Just right for your washing!  There's a new discussion started about Northern Ireland

https://www.caravanclub.co.uk/club-together/discussions/sites-touring/uk-sites-touring/nice-clean-campsites-in-northern-ireland/

I thought of you when the asked about places to visit as well as site. Wherenext has given a couple of sites he'd earmarked but not used. 

Right must finish breakfast and sort todays tasks, which now includes a hair wash, not on the agenda........

Goldie146 replied on 02/07/2024 10:13

Posted on 01/07/2024 21:47 by HelenandTrevor

We visited Morecambe today, came away thinking we shouldn't have bothered. Very run down and apart from some school children on the beach on a field trip it was deserted. The weather was pretty miserable, raining on and off. Day improved with a trip into Carnforth where we had lunch at the Brief Encounter cafe followed by a visit to the exhibition at the station, very interesting with film, railway and Brief Encounter memorabilia,  you could even watch the film.😆 

Good to read your MIL's walking is improving,hope you all enjoy your cottage break WN.

Millie, the washing after a holiday is always one of the jobs I dislike too, bit like the tiny font when typing on here!! ☚ī¸

Posted on 02/07/2024 10:13

There’s two good things about Morecambe that we take advantage of - The Platform (very good music venue - developed from the old Railway Station) and, if we are feeling flush The Midland Hotel. Though it’s not now as good as it was. 

And maybe sometime in the future The Eden Project

DavidKlyne replied on 02/07/2024 11:53

Posted on 01/07/2024 21:50 by nelliethehooker

Helen, are you on a CL near Arnside? Enjoy your stay in the area.

Sounds like an interesting morning at the Cathedral, Millie. Hope that the x-ray helps to identify the problem with your OH's knee and the the exercises easy his aches and pains.

We were able to get the van packed up and away between a light shower of rain. We had an easy 100ml drive to our first site of this trip. It was raining lightly while we set up and then had a heavier shower around mid afternoon, but it has been dry since then. The nights do seem to be drawing in a bit too quickly though it has been a dark day all round.

A couple of photos from this evenings walk, does anyone know what they are known as?

Posted on 02/07/2024 11:53

Nellie 

Is that at Boroughbridge? If so we saw those stones when we walked from the C&CC site into the town. See pictures below.

David

DEBSC replied on 02/07/2024 17:14

Posted on 02/07/2024 17:14

We ordered two new sofas back in february and they are being delivered tomorrow. So we moved the others around so ready and easier to get them out, now OH is complaining of back pain and we are both feeling our age. Found so much stuff stored behind them! How they are going to get the large one out is a concern, we have had them both for donkeys years and they do need replacing. We have chosen recliners for our old age comfort 😊. Our old sofas are dark brown but OH has chosen very pale grey this time, he’s just asked why I have so many throws, I just raised my eyebrows and reminded him of the pale grey colour he has chosen.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook