What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

DavidKlyne replied on 28/06/2024 21:32

Posted on 28/06/2024 21:32

Debsc, that sounds very encouraging. Major step forwards in medical science are being made all the time. Hopefully it provides a better quality of life. With all the negative talk about AI I do wonder if in the field of medical science it could make a big difference for the better.

Cool enough today for me to wash the car, which was badly needed! I am in the process of selling a lot of the old motorhome stuff on Facebook selling groups and Marketplace. Had a few successes but also a bit of stress.  Its fine when you get one person wanting something but we have just sold the Avtex TV and had several people interested. The couple that purchased it travelled 50 miles and so I didn't feel I could offer it to others until they come to view. Some people can be persistent and I have just had to tell them to form an orderly queue!

David

Wherenext replied on 28/06/2024 22:02

Posted on 28/06/2024 22:02

We've had the same David but with caravan stuff. We had 13 enquiries for an awning but told everyone after the first that a sale had been agreed but buyer was picking it up today as she was a nurse on shifts. We did promise to get back to them if sale fell through but would have gone in enquiry received order. It is a bit stressful as I'm not used to being wedded to my mobile all day. Nurse duly turned up and bought it. 

Could do with a mass clear out as we need the space in the garage.

It was interesting having a chat with her. She was on a covid ward during the pandemic and said it took a lot out of her. Made her realise about enjoying life while you can. 

nelliethehooker replied on 28/06/2024 22:07

Posted on 28/06/2024 22:07

Busy day here, starting with a trip to the recycling centre with multiple bags and crates of garden rubbish, followed by a short shopping trip. I then got the caravan cleaned outside this afternoon and prior to our evening meal we stripped wallpaper from a wall in our entrance hall, and then I washed down with the paintwork around the doors in preparation for painting tomorrow. In between we managed to fit In 5 walks out with Flyte so far, with another in a few minutes time. It has been much cooler with a strong breeze this morning, although the sun did come out at times and it warmed up then.

Hope that the trial is a success for your granddaughter, Debs.

DSB replied on 28/06/2024 23:00

Posted on 28/06/2024 14:05 by Takethedogalong

Somehow or other, your cache/history has updated/cleared, and you are now enjoying the latest enhanced experience the rest of us are tolerating🤣

I get round the small text answer box by “pinching” my IPad screen if I need to, but with my reading specs (99p) I can cope. 

Still no joy with getting the booking system to work though. I did get a response from Club suggesting I change my browser, like I hadn’t already though of that🤔 Hey ho, in no rush to book anything so I won’t stress.

Posted on 28/06/2024 23:00

I haven't have a problem with the booking system, fortunately, TTDA.  Booked a site last night... all set for a short break at Pandy CAMC site.... although I read reports of variable pitch sizes.  No doubt all will become clear in due course.. 

David

Francis replied on 29/06/2024 11:12

Posted on 29/06/2024 11:12

Glorious sunny day here today. We bought a new BBQ last week and haven’t had a chance to use it yet so today might be the day if the weather is still like this later on. Planning on moving the caravan to the middle of the drive later and give it a good clean including the roof then we can begin packing for our main 3 week summer trip we are due to leave at the end of the week just hoping the weather is nice down south.

Hope everyone else is having a nice weekend 

Takethedogalong replied on 29/06/2024 13:55

Posted on 28/06/2024 23:00 by DSB

I haven't have a problem with the booking system, fortunately, TTDA.  Booked a site last night... all set for a short break at Pandy CAMC site.... although I read reports of variable pitch sizes.  No xout all will become clear in due course.. 

David

Posted on 29/06/2024 13:55

I’ve been very surprised by the size of pitches on Club Sites we have recently visited, very generous. (Cayton Bay, Clumber, Burrs) Mind we are only a small MH, so don’t need a huge amount of space really. Enjoy Pandy, not a site we know.🙂

DSB replied on 29/06/2024 14:45

Posted on 29/06/2024 13:55 by Takethedogalong

I’ve been very surprised by the size of pitches on Club Sites we have recently visited, very generous. (Cayton Bay, Clumber, Burrs) Mind we are only a small MH, so don’t need a huge amount of space really. Enjoy Pandy, not a site we know.🙂

Posted on 29/06/2024 14:45

We've always been happy with the size of pitches on CAMC sites.  I do have an issue with hardstanding pitches on the C&CC sites, when the custom on some sites (eg. Conkers C& CC) seems to be: caravan & awning on the hardstanding, but park your car on the grass!!  Just never 'got' that....  The car is what you'll need to move more frequently, in all probability.  Just a bit of rain is all you need to start churning up the grass.  I'd be in favour of them extending their HS to include the car....

David

DavidKlyne replied on 29/06/2024 16:23

Posted on 29/06/2024 16:23

The only time we stayed at Pandy we had a phone call from our eldest son, at 19,  with his A Level results which were good enough to get him into UCL, he's 47 now!!! Pitches do vary in size but generally serviced pitches are generally pretty good. I think some of the newer C&CC sites are getting larger hardstandings.

David

nelliethehooker replied on 29/06/2024 21:25

Posted on 29/06/2024 21:25

Rather a poor day weather wise, with mist in the morning and drizzly rain until late afternoon. It did brighten up later but too late for me to contemplate any outside jobs. However if did mean that I could get the painting of the door surrounds in the hall done prior to papering a wall tomorrow.

mickysf replied on 30/06/2024 14:56

Posted on 30/06/2024 14:56

Just returned from a weekend staying on a Yorkshire Vineyard and brewery. Small campsite, music night, cafe and tour of the vineyard. Good value in my view and a recommended stay particularly when they have those event weekends. 
https://yorkshireheart.com/

Nun Monkton is also worth a walk around, pretty little village near the river with lots of history, just a short stroll from the site.. 

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook