What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

Bakers2 replied on 28/06/2024 14:30

Posted on 28/06/2024 14:30

KjellNN glad you've arrived safely and haven't had time to get bored or forget your fixing skills 😉. I know little about articles weather but wasn't expecting you to say 30c for an outdoor temperature!

Takethedogalong, sounds like the usual customer care for the club. What can one say? Hope your dog is feeling better now the temperatures have moderated? Oh boy wasn't it hot? 

Been early and late strolls with ours and the grand dog. Today we were able to have a lovely, slightly later walk over the fields and tracks. It was delightful. Yesterday I  drove a short distance, delivering something, in the village about 1530 the car thermometer said 26c. To my amazement I saw 4 folk walking 5 dogs, one had 2. All in their sunshades looking cool. I didn't dare stop or stay anything because I couldn't have contained myself 🤬🤬🤬🤬. There had been posts on our village FB page the day before. 

RichardandRos I hope Meg's eye isok. I know what you mean we have a cockapoo who avoids water like Meg. But will go in the sea. Grand dog, not averse to ditches and ponds, often has a Guinness look about her, but however calm the sea not interested. Funny creatures.

Rather cloudy but pleasant temperatures today. Returned clean laundry to son's house, I said I'd do the last worn stuff, bedding towels etc. I knew the weather was going to be good 😉. So it'll only be holiday stuff to wash on their return. Did a few jobs that get neglected here as well as there 🫣. I might do mine now the temperature has cooled and whizzed the vac round. I watered plants so all should be fine until they return.

Ordered new, no drill blinds, from an online company we've used before for the bathroom and cloakroom.  (Non drill ones weren't available when we ordered before. They've arrived so I'll tackle those shortly. However, as I offered them.at the windows I think one may big fractionally too long 🤬. I noticed that you could, for about £10, add  insurance that they'd fit. We discussed this and decided against it as our others fitted fine, so must have got measurements correct. Can't comment as to whether the insurance offer means they have differing tolerances. I won't know until I've tried to fit them. But I will be checking my measurement order and blind lengths very carefully if they don't fit...... Wish me luck!

RedKite replied on 28/06/2024 14:36

Posted on 28/06/2024 14:36

Enjoy your trip KJN.

Well  a different morning here as there has been a lot of major works around the village for nearly 12 months now all electrical and we had notice to say we would be without power today so little camp stove and kettle came in very useful and then just after 8am one of the workers said they nneded to get to the high voltage lines in our field and wow interesting to watch as the three high voltage cables have been removed and our supply which was same pole now been moved to top of the pole all wires rolled up and they get recycled as they are aluminium, there have been a lot of new big electrical boxes installed and a lot of underground cables put in hence overhead cables over our filed have gone what a different view and what will the Kestrel and other birds do now, but done and cleared away and on to the next stage and our electricity came on at 2pm so 2 hours earlier than planned.

A bit too hot here now 33.5C on weather station so some inside chore done should be a bit cooler from tomorrow and a storm on the forecast.

Have a good weekend folks.

DEBSC replied on 28/06/2024 14:43

Posted on 28/06/2024 14:43

Nice to hear about your long awaited holiday KJ, must be lovely to catch up with all your family.

Son and granddaughter due to arrive soon for the weekend, the family is moving back to Devon soon so he is bringing more stuff to put in the lockup, easier for when they move. Youngest granddaughters birthday party later, her birthdays on Monday but school etc then, she’ll be 11. Our daughter had a busy day yesterday and I got a call today to ask me to get her some extra party food. She didn’t get home till 11.30pm last night and busy today working as receptionist in busy holiday park, apparently the world and his wife are booking in today.

I haven’t said sooner as we have had everything crossed that it would actually go ahead and be ok. When our granddaughter was discharged from hospital  recently there was no plan for the future, which did distress her. She has recently been rushed in on average 3 times a week and while in there she has had many Drs standing by, including an anesthetist ready to put a tube in her throat as she just couldn’t breath. All very frightening. While in there conversations must have taken place as her immunologist from another hospital then contacted her to say that she has been accepted on a clinical trial. So yesterday her Mum took her across Devon for this to happen. Very complicated but the hope is it will stop her body attacking itself so frequently, 80% chance of working but we won’t know for a couple of months and a lot more treatments. It won’t cure her but hopefully will reduce the times the anaphylaxis happens. Very costly apparently so we really appreciate it happening. So many on here have sent their good wishes in the past so I just wanted to say thanks and update.  All of this didn’t stop our Son saying to her,’so now you’re a Lab Rat are you’ she did smile.

richardandros replied on 28/06/2024 15:31

Posted on 28/06/2024 15:31

Debsc - Must be an incredible worrying time for you all, but that sounds like good news and a very positive development. Fingers crossed the trial is successful.

B2 and ttda - thanks for your comments re Meg.  I'm sure she'll be fine - it was more a case of us needing reassurance - best to be on the safe side.  As you say, they give us so much back and like you, always want to do the best we can for our four-legged friends. I did think the pool was for pooch! Meg won't go in the sea, either.  I've been taking her to the beach since we first got her and I think she has always associated the noise of the waves with water and therefore something to be avoided - so probably my fault. The only water she thoroughly enjoys is when it's warm and soapy in the shower - well she is a bit of a princess, so can't blame hersmile

DEBSC replied on 28/06/2024 15:44

Posted on 28/06/2024 15:44

The posts on dogs and water made me smile. Many years ago we had a beautiful springer spaniel. She was water mad, we couldn’t keep her out of the sea, river or any other water. If in the car she recognised she was near the beach or river she would wine until we safely opened the car door and she would leap out and race for the water and then we had a problem getting her out. However, we used to bathe her in an old baby bath in the back garden, I only had to lift it down and she would disappear, to be dragged out and held firmly in the water to stop her escaping while I washed her. We still miss that lovely but strange old dog.

Bakers2 replied on 28/06/2024 15:49

Posted on 28/06/2024 15:49

DEBSC wonderful news. Keeping everything crossed for your granddaughter.  Do keep us posted. Have a lovely family weekend. Sounds like it's going to be full on for a change 😂

Takethedogalong I assumed the pool was for human use but RichardandRos post made me wonder. Good to have it cleared up. Enjoy your new pool.

My OH spoke about getting something similar recently, our large pool was given away several.years ago. I did however point out we'd just spent a fortune on grass treatment. He got my drift, but he's sown seeds....

Tried the blinds,no instructions - naturally you have to go online 🤬. Had to ring company anyway as I'd managed to lock the turn bit, without getting near the window..New part coming free of charge. He did say you need lots of strength. Checked my measurements and the order. They are right but boy are they going to be a tight squeeze. I'll await son's return for holiday and a spare hour.....

Decided I'd better do the ironing. Open gardens in the next village tomorrow. Huge plant sale too according to the organisers.  Do I visit or not? Oh of course I'm going 🫣😂

Takethedogalong replied on 28/06/2024 16:21

Posted on 28/06/2024 14:43 by DEBSC

Nice to hear about your long awaited holiday KJ, must be lovely to catch up with all your family.

Son and granddaughter due to arrive soon for the weekend, the family is moving back to Devon soon so he is bringing more stuff to put in the lockup, easier for when they move. Youngest granddaughters birthday party later, her birthdays on Monday but school etc then, she’ll be 11. Our daughter had a busy day yesterday and I got a call today to ask me to get her some extra party food. She didn’t get home till 11.30pm last night and busy today working as receptionist in busy holiday park, apparently the world and his wife are booking in today.

I haven’t said sooner as we have had everything crossed that it would actually go ahead and be ok. When our granddaughter was discharged from hospital  recently there was no plan for the future, which did distress her. She has recently been rushed in on average 3 times a week and while in there she has had many Drs standing by, including an anesthetist ready to put a tube in her throat as she just couldn’t breath. All very frightening. While in there conversations must have taken place as her immunologist from another hospital then contacted her to say that she has been accepted on a clinical trial. So yesterday her Mum took her across Devon for this to happen. Very complicated but the hope is it will stop her body attacking itself so frequently, 80% chance of working but we won’t know for a couple of months and a lot more treatments. It won’t cure her but hopefully will reduce the times the anaphylaxis happens. Very costly apparently so we really appreciate it happening. So many on here have sent their good wishes in the past so I just wanted to say thanks and update.  All of this didn’t stop our Son saying to her,’so now you’re a Lab Rat are you’ she did smile.

Posted on 28/06/2024 16:21

So hope everything goes well for you all. Our next door neighbour’s girlfriend used to suffer severe anaphylactic shocks, she crawled round to us one morning in an awful state, I had never seen anything like it, but, she is now living independently not far away and doing very well. Fingers crossed that your GD’s trials work, and that she can enjoy a less stress filled life, she, and you all are so brave. Sending best wishes to you all xx

HelenandTrevor replied on 28/06/2024 19:20

Posted on 28/06/2024 19:20

Just popped in to catch up with the news, sorry to hear your pooch has been finding the heat a bit much Ttda hopefully now its cooled down he will feel better.

KjellNN hope you have a great time on Norway.

Lovely pictures again  Millie.  Wishing you all the best DEBSC..

Sorry if I've missed anyone, lots to catch up.

We are currently on a stopover in Cheshire on our way up to Lancashire, cheap and cheerful CL at £7 with a lovely nature reserve opposite. Weather much cooler but dry.

Wherenext replied on 28/06/2024 20:32

Posted on 28/06/2024 20:32

I'll echo other peoples posts DEBSC. She, and all of you, deserve a bit of good fortune.

Where did the day go? Refilling The Van with the stuff we took out the other day, gardening, driving MiL for various appointments, moving furniture for painters who are here tomorrow, cleaning dirt and dust found when moving said furnitureembarassedfoot-in-mouth, cooking and admin. 

Early morning tomorrow to complete moving furniture to let them in.

Enjoy your weekend Helen. What's the name of the CL in Cheshire. We might make a 2 nighter of it as it's not too far from home.

Oneputt replied on 28/06/2024 21:29

Posted on 28/06/2024 21:29

The grandtwins concert was brilliant and we really enjoyed it.

Really busy today, went to Norwich and helped Mrs One to erect tents for her cub camp this weekend.  At least the weather should be good for them

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook