What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

Oneputt replied on 27/06/2024 11:57

Posted on 26/06/2024 20:36 by milliehull

Another new place for us today - yes WN there are still a few places we haven't yet discovered! - Mannington Hall Gardens. It is hidden deep in VERY rural Norfolk but when we eventually found it was well worth it. Thick mist all day today on the coast but hot and sunny a few miles inland.

Posted on 27/06/2024 11:57

Been to Mannington Hall a few times.  They do a really good medieval weekend with all sorts of demos and craft stands.

Booked our next trip in July, 1 CL in Buckinghamshire and Rookesbury Park.  Full programme whilst in Bucks, return visit to Bletchley Park, Silverstone Museum and booked Waddesdon Manor.

This afternoon we are off to the grandtwins school concert 🎵 

Wherenext replied on 27/06/2024 13:28

Posted on 27/06/2024 13:28

Sorry to read about pooch and his discomfort Ttda. Life's a trial sometimes.

Never been to Mannington Hall. Must get there as it looks worth the visit. 

I think I can hear the concert OneP, although it might the concert going on at the local one nearby.wink

nelliethehooker replied on 27/06/2024 22:00

Posted on 27/06/2024 22:00

So sorry to here that the pooch is suffering from the heat these days, tda, but I am sure you did the best for him with heading home earlier than planned. I am sure that he will relish being in the cooling water of you garden pool. Shame about the broken mirror, those white van drivers think the whole road belongs to them!! Hope you are able to find the correct glass size to enable a repair.

Pleased to hear that you got home safe and sound Richard. OH had a similar round of washing when we got home a week ago, and thankfully the weather was perfect for getting all the washing dried outside. Our garden was in a similar state as yours by the sounds of it, and after a week of weeding it is just beginning to look somewhat respectable.

Good to read that you should have your "Van" back today, WN, and that you can get away for another short break perhaps next week.

Not such a sunny day today, and a fair bit cooler with quite a strong wind blowing.. Starting to get things back in the caravan in preparation for another trip shortly. If it is fine tomorrow I hope to get the outside of it washed, especially the roof.

richardandros replied on 28/06/2024 07:00

Posted on 28/06/2024 07:00

I know what you mean about dogs and the heat ttda - Meg is the same - especially with her having a very thick coat.  We had her clipped much shorter last time, so she's a bit better. We take a 'cool mat' with us when we're away and she seems to like that.  The swimming pool option wouldn't work for us since, although half poodle / half cocker - both water dogs - she avoids water like the plague and even walks around puddles on the footpath!

Exactly the same thing happened to us re the mirror, when in Devon a few years ago - two days before we were due to tow the van back home. Even though I have towing mirrors (of course!), you still need the normal one - especially on motorways.  Only the lens was damaged - and that is only plastic. It cost me £250 for a replacement which merely clipped into place!!!!!  Even the dealer couldn't believe the price.

Took Meg to the Vet's yesterday lunchtime - she has a little cyst near the corner of her eye which I was worried about.  Vet said it wasn't a problem - but to 'keep an eye on it' ! (There's a joke there somewhere).  Anyway, it put my mind at rest that it was nothing sinister. I won't mention the bill.

Garden now looking much better - the trusty Chris arrived yesterday afternoon and spent four hours digging out the weeds in the main border.  I just can't manage heavy digging anymore.  Even had time and the weather for a BBQ in the garden last night.

milliehull replied on 28/06/2024 08:32

Posted on 28/06/2024 08:32

Sorry to hear about your pooch TDA. I hope he enjoys his swimming pool in the back garden. Sorry also to hear about your wing mirror and hope its not too expensive to repair.

I hope the grandtwin's concert was a success OP.  used to love going to our grandchildren's school concerts.

Clear blue sky here today but rather a fresh breeze.

DSB replied on 28/06/2024 09:09

Posted on 26/06/2024 21:58 by nelliethehooker

This website gets ever stranger!! For some reason, at least in my kindle, B2 20:26 post above is on a smaller font than either millie's below it or Helen's above it, and looks about the same size as that before the "fix"!

I had all sorts of problems trying to post last night and lost a long one, so gave up!yell We have had a couple of warm days with today being by far the hottest of the year that we have experienced. We both had hygienist appointments yesterday in the morning and the took the caravan in to the dealers for it's annual service in the afternoon. Received a phone call mid morning today to say it was ready for collection so drove over after lunch and picked it up. After checking that they had done the small warranty jobs discovered that, although signed off 2 were still outstanding, one of which they fixed immediately but the other requires a replacement blind ordering, but we will wait until a suitable time that suits us to get that done as it is not causing any problems.

Lovely photos millie, and thanks for the pointer to Hindringham Hall, one for a later date for us to visit.

Best get this posted before it too disappears!

Posted on 28/06/2024 09:09

I've been reading about all these problems with the fonts, and have been wondering what all the fuss has been about....   Mine has been fine..... until now!!  🙂  I'm now getting a large thread title; a bit larger than 'normal' size font for post, but when I come to add a post myself, the font in the text box is so tiny!

P.S.  Hope you all had a good summer.  Looks like it's quite dull today - back to normal, then..  🤣🤣🤣

David

KjellNN replied on 28/06/2024 13:41

Posted on 28/06/2024 13:41

Weather up here in the Arctic has been very variable.  Arrived on Tuesday to lashing rain and wind, Wednesday was much nicer, yesterday was warm  and sunny, today it is 30 degrees and too hot to sit outside.

Yesterday we took a trip to my old house, now lived in by my oldest nephew.  On the way we visited some old friends, where we had coffee and cake and strawberries, then at my nephews we had coffee and waffles and strawberries, so well fed!   And much more coffee than we are used to.  Going back to see them for dinner on Sunday.

Today we have been to the nearest small town and done some shopping, and later my other sister will be coming in past to say hello.

Otherwise, my sister here has been keeping me busy fixing various things for her.

Takethedogalong replied on 28/06/2024 14:05

Posted on 28/06/2024 09:09 by DSB

I've been reading about all these problems with the fonts, and have been wondering what all the fuss has been about....   Mine has been fine..... until now!!  🙂  I'm now getting a large thread title; a bit larger than 'normal' size font for post, but when I come to add a post myself, the font in the text box is so tiny!

P.S.  Hope you all had a good summer.  Looks like it's quite dull today - back to normal, then..  🤣🤣🤣

David

Posted on 28/06/2024 14:05

Somehow or other, your cache/history has updated/cleared, and you are now enjoying the latest enhanced experience the rest of us are tolerating🤣

I get round the small text answer box by “pinching” my IPad screen if I need to, but with my reading specs (99p) I can cope. 

Still no joy with getting the booking system to work though. I did get a response from Club suggesting I change my browser, like I hadn’t already though of that🤔 Hey ho, in no rush to book anything so I won’t stress.

Takethedogalong replied on 28/06/2024 14:10

Posted on 28/06/2024 13:41 by KjellNN

Weather up here in the Arctic has been very variable.  Arrived on Tuesday to lashing rain and wind, Wednesday was much nicer, yesterday was warm  and sunny, today it is 30 degrees and too hot to sit outside.

Yesterday we took a trip to my old house, now lived in by my oldest nephew.  On the way we visited some old friends, where we had coffee and cake and strawberries, then at my nephews we had coffee and waffles and strawberries, so well fed!   And much more coffee than we are used to.  Going back to see them for dinner on Sunday.

Today we have been to the nearest small town and done some shopping, and later my other sister will be coming in past to say hello.

Otherwise, my sister here has been keeping me busy fixing various things for her.

Posted on 28/06/2024 14:10

What a fabulous trip K, hope you get chance to post some scenic photos. Must be lovely to see your old home and other family members. Have a great time, hope all goes well for you all👍

Takethedogalong replied on 28/06/2024 14:30

Posted on 28/06/2024 14:30

I’ve just realised that folks are thinking the pool is for our pooch🤣 No, we tried that a few years ago, both dogs wouldn’t go near the pool we bought them, water far too clean. Yet they were straight in any beach or river opportunity. The pool is for us, will replace the £37 huge inflatable one we had two great years enjoying. I burst it last year, cleaning it to put back into storage, but it owed us nothing. This will be a deeper, rigid framed one, and will come with chlorine doser and filter. Just need to shoehorn it into garden now, think it will only need one small flower bed altering🤞 

Mirror is only glass replacement, so not very expensive thankfully. It was bound to happen at some point I suppose.

I hope Meg’s eye isn’t anything long term, and yes, best not to mention the fees😱 We could fund a monthly holiday with what our pooch costs us in vet fees each month at the moment. He’s having routine blood tests next week, we might have to “pack” (crowd) fund these🤣 But he’s worth every penny we spend on him, gives so much back to us🥰

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook