What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

DEBSC replied on 26/06/2024 12:35

Posted on 26/06/2024 12:35

Problem logging in on here this morning, it kept saying either my password or my email was wrong despite it being stored on my laptop so I knew it was right, I could read but not post. OH had appointment at dentist, so just left it and all fine now, weird. OH dropped me off at Dunelm, his least favourite place. I was still browsing when he returned 😊 Then a quick stop at Aldi, where I just bought a few more plants, poor things were all dying in the sun, hate to see that. Our garden is absolutely crammed but these are for a container at the front door, where the slugs ate all the last lot, these are geraniums, which they are not so keen on. Very warm this morning but clouding over and cooler now.

HelenandTrevor replied on 26/06/2024 17:46

Posted on 26/06/2024 17:46

Lovely pictures Millie,  glad you are having a good time, you are certainly  having the good weather 🙂

It's been a bit too warm here if I'm honest, I don't particularly like the heat, but shouldn't  really complain as it wasn't that long ago we were all saying how cold it was for June 🤣

Like others I haven't been enjoying this series of the sewing bee, as much, most of the garments aren't finished, but I did the the crocodile  children's fancy dress makeover from last night. 

Not been up to much this week, bit of shopping and picked up prescription from town,  had to pay a cheque in for work, couldn't believe the queue in the bank!  I used one of the terminals but had to make several attempts before it accepted the cheque and slip. 😫

Bakers2 replied on 26/06/2024 20:26

Posted on 26/06/2024 20:26

Like others I haven't been enjoying this series of the sewing bee, as much, most of the garments aren't finished, but I did the the crocodile  children's fancy dress makeover from last night. 

yes I thought several of the fancy dress items were good. They could have been much better with sufficient time to make them. I'd fail at the 1st hurdle, no imagination,it would take me all my time to get the idea!

Can't think there  were queues in the bank. We keep being told we don't use them 🤬. Do they think.were all silly??

Been 28 here. Went to collect washing from son's and water their plants, shifted pots into the shade too. Picked up a new lawn mower blade on my travels. Neither of us can shift the nut to remove the old one. Too hot to try anything exerting. Too warm for me, especially as its happened so quickly.

Did son's family washing so all nice to come home too. Dried beautifully and fast. Smells lovely.

Got a river trip tomorrow from Huntingdon to Brampton via a lock at Godmanchester. If the weather's like today it should be lovely. 

DEBSC I'm not planting anything now. I'm not buying either 🫣🫣🫣. I planted cosmos the other day. Well shifted big lumps of rock hard clay and then firmed them back in. Got lots of gaps despite buying plenty whenever I see them. Open gardens in the next village, with plant sales on Saturday. I must stay at home. I must stay at home!

Sitting in the garden now and it's really pleasant. Had to go to our front porch, not enclosed, an hour ago. Wall thermometer said 36c. Yes it's on the brick but.......

milliehull replied on 26/06/2024 20:36

Posted on 26/06/2024 20:36

Another new place for us today - yes WN there are still a few places we haven't yet discovered! - Mannington Hall Gardens. It is hidden deep in VERY rural Norfolk but when we eventually found it was well worth it. Thick mist all day today on the coast but hot and sunny a few miles inland.

nelliethehooker replied on 26/06/2024 21:58

Posted on 26/06/2024 21:58

This website gets ever stranger!! For some reason, at least in my kindle, B2 20:26 post above is on a smaller font than either millie's below it or Helen's above it, and looks about the same size as that before the "fix"!

I had all sorts of problems trying to post last night and lost a long one, so gave up!yell We have had a couple of warm days with today being by far the hottest of the year that we have experienced. We both had hygienist appointments yesterday in the morning and the took the caravan in to the dealers for it's annual service in the afternoon. Received a phone call mid morning today to say it was ready for collection so drove over after lunch and picked it up. After checking that they had done the small warranty jobs discovered that, although signed off 2 were still outstanding, one of which they fixed immediately but the other requires a replacement blind ordering, but we will wait until a suitable time that suits us to get that done as it is not causing any problems.

Lovely photos millie, and thanks for the pointer to Hindringham Hall, one for a later date for us to visit.

Best get this posted before it too disappears!

richardandros replied on 27/06/2024 06:53

Posted on 27/06/2024 06:53

It's not just you nth - it's the same on my iMac at home.  I suspect it's because B2 lifted a quote from a previous post.

Lovely photos millie - you certainly seem to be getting about.  Back to the mundane for us now that we are back - Ros did 10 loads of washing on Tuesday! - all now dried and partially ironed whilst I have been cleaning the van, haymaking (aka cutting the lawn) and thankfully our gardener is coming this afternoon to tackle the jungle that seems to have appeared while we were away. I'm getting to the point where I really struggle with heavy gardening and the weeds seem to be winning  It doesn't help that we back onto open fields which seem to be trying to invade our little bit.

Weird weather, yesterday - scorching hot and sunny until about 6pm and then the fog - not mist - rolled in from the sea.  Could hardly see the back of the garden (which isn't that big) about an hour later, and, of course, a rapid drop in temperature.  Very warm and humid again this morning.

What IS going on with this stupid website????  Tried to post the above - and nothing happened when I pressed the reply button. Suspecting that I was going to loose it, I did a copy and then went back to 'discussions' and when I looked at the front page, according to that, the latest post in this thread was dated 2016!!  Opened it up and I couldn't 'jump to last post' - so had to do it manually. Someone has really messed this website up completely.

I'll try again to post this.  Will be interesting if it works, because the emoticons included in the original post are no longer there and if it does work, suggests that there may be a problem with those.

Edit - it worked - can someone report this so that those responsible can be made aware - thanks - Richard

DavidKlyne replied on 27/06/2024 09:35

Posted on 27/06/2024 09:35

Noticeably cooler this morning, thank goodness! Margaret has her hip x-ray this morning, then onto Waitrose and then she has a dental appointment this afternoon. Not sure how we found time to work!

Couldn't get a top bolt for my new back gate in either Wickes or B&Q so ordered one on Ebay which came pretty quickly so when I have a free moment I can complete the gate.

David

Wherenext replied on 27/06/2024 10:27

Posted on 27/06/2024 10:27

I've reported your post Richard as requested.

Up early and off to Tesco. Big surprise this morning as OH accompanied me. 7 o'clock and she was wide awake. Did wonder if she had been replaced by an AI bot but thought twice of asking her. Gift horse and mouth.

We put our towball mounted bike carrier on FB marketplace late yesterday afternoon. Gone before 10 this morning. Every little helps. 

Hopefully be picking "The Van" (OH has named itlaughing) later on after the few niggles been seen to. Got a phone call yesterday from them saying they couldn't check the heating as temperature in workshop too high! Doing it first thing today.

richardandros replied on 27/06/2024 11:39

Posted on 27/06/2024 11:39

Thanks WN - let's hope someone takes some notice.  I've just noticed at least one other old post has been resurrected as well.

Hope all goes well with the new van - exciting times, I'm sure.

Takethedogalong replied on 27/06/2024 11:57

Posted on 27/06/2024 10:27 by Wherenext

I've reported your post Richard as requested.

Up early and off to Tesco. Big surprise this morning as OH accompanied me. 7 o'clock and she was wide awake. Did wonder if she had been replaced by an AI bot but thought twice of asking her. Gift horse and mouth.

We put our towball mounted bike carrier on FB marketplace late yesterday afternoon. Gone before 10 this morning. Every little helps. 

Hopefully be picking "The Van" (OH has named itlaughing) later on after the few niggles been seen to. Got a phone call yesterday from them saying they couldn't check the heating as temperature in workshop too high! Doing it first thing today.

Posted on 27/06/2024 11:57

Oooo, poor thing😁 It needs better than “the van”. How about “Polly the PVC”, or “Felicity Freedom”. 🤣

Well, our last trip didn’t go to plan☹️ Far too hot for our elderly pooch, he is really struggling now with being away, and this last outing might well be his last overnighter sadly. We still enjoyed a day visiting Betty’s at Harlow Carr, although it consisted of a picnic lunch in the nice field next door. We didn’t fancy trailing round the gardens separately, there were nine coach loads in, so heaving as well. We made decision to come home early, after going back to lovely site we stayed on. Left there at 7.45pm, after a nice meal, no traffic on A1 (thank you England Football squad) and got home in time to watch second half. Glad to say pooch a lot better at home yesterday, but we now have plan B coming to fruition…….if you cant get to the seaside for a swim, order a big garden pool! Plans are afoot😁

Another downer as well. Had our wing mirror shattered by a passing van going way too fast in opposite direction. Ironically, he works for a car parts supplier, and at least he did stop. Mirror won’t cost a lot to replace, only glass. First time in over ten years, so I suppose we have been lucky.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook