What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

HelenandTrevor replied on 21/06/2024 21:02

Posted on 21/06/2024 21:02

After catching up, belated best wishes and Congratulations to all those who have had birthdays and anniversaries,  

Really struggling with the small font size when posting 😡 and I've got new glasses!!

nelliethehooker replied on 21/06/2024 21:38

Posted on 21/06/2024 20:38 by HelenandTrevor

Glad you had a good trip Nellie, hope appointments go well and you are able to fit a few short breaks in too.

Posted on 21/06/2024 21:38

Thanks, Helen. I see that you were staying at Kenby Farm. Glad you liked it, we were there last year, and they appear to  have done even more to it, as they said they would. Hope you enjoyed your stay.

We had our Covid injections this morning and although I have had no reaction so far OH can feel a "heavy" aching arm when she raises it. We have not had it as sunny today but it has stayed dry and reasonably warm. I was able to get the car washed this afternoon, but will lea,be the caravan until after it has had it's service next week, and then we can start to sort out more trips away.

Sorry to hear that your granddaughter is still having severe problems, Debs. Hope that she soon improves and is able to get back to Uni.

Pleased to hear that you both are having a good time over in Norfolk, R&R and Millie. Thanks for the photos and information on the Wells Lifeboat Horse.

Happy Anniversary to both of you Heddlo, enjoy your stay in Yorkshire.

Good to hear that all went well with your first night in the new M/H, WN, and am looking forward to seeing a photo of two of it. It is nice that MIL is managing fine, with a bit of help from her friends. BTW there is a similar difference in front size on another of my posts from last night in the Osprey post!!undecided

richardandros replied on 22/06/2024 06:33

Posted on 22/06/2024 06:33

B2 - we certainly have been lucky with the weather - especially as when we left home almost two weeks ago now - the forecast was for rain every day. Apart from the odd 10 minute light shower, the last week has been non-stop sunshine. Was 23 degrees yesterdaysmile

I've just discovered another quirk of the 'improvements' to the website. I tried to copy and paste the relevant part of B2's post. I can highlight the relevant text but as soon as I release my mouse button, the highlighting disappears therefore I can't do a 'copy and paste'. Is it just me (or my mouse) - or has anyone else experienced this. It'll be a bit of a nuisance if it's no longer possible.

Bakers2 replied on 22/06/2024 07:39

Posted on 22/06/2024 07:39

B2 - we certainly have been lucky with the weather - especially as when we left home almost two weeks ago now - the forecast was for rain every day. Apart from the odd 10 minute light shower, the last week has been non-stop sunshine. Was 23 degrees yesterdaysmile

Copy and paste worked kn my android phone.

Who knows with this site??

Rufs replied on 22/06/2024 08:26

Posted on 22/06/2024 08:26

"I've just discovered another quirk of the 'improvements' to the website. I tried to copy and paste the relevant part of B2's post. I can highlight the relevant text but as soon as I release my mouse button, the highlighting disappears therefore I can't do a 'copy and paste'. Is it just me (or my mouse) - or has anyone else experienced this. It'll be a bit of a nuisance if it's no longer possible."

works ok for me Richard, windows 10 firefox

great night last night at proms in the park, even if it was a tad cool, so good to see youngsters enjoying their music, private school but mum & dad worked hard to put 3 kids thru the school, it wont be the same this time next year.yell

rained overnight but good for garden, much cooler today, OH looks like she has been in a war, arm in plaster after fracturing wrist and patch on eye after having catarac removed but lots family support over the next month so all good.

heddlo replied on 22/06/2024 09:16

Posted on 21/06/2024 19:49 by milliehull

Happy wedding anniversary Mr and Mrs heddlo. I love Mount Grace Priory. I was told when I was doing a Medival History course that there was only one day in the year when the monks were allowed to talk to each other. Let's hope one wasn't holding a grudge for all that time!

We had a walk in Sheringham Park today. Gosh it was warm as it is very sheltered there. It was also beautiful and very peaceful. OH did very well and walked further than he did last year before his back.operation. He will never do longish walks anymore but he managed a good half an hour walk with a couple of stops for a short sit. He is very tired now though.

Goodness this font is small as I type!

Posted on 22/06/2024 09:16

Yes Milliehull the Carthusians were a silent order and I was surprised to read, somewhere, that many of them were from wealthy families and they would have had some sort of trade.  Apart from seeing and speaking to nobody they were much better off than many in that era with regular meals, drinking water and a sort of flushing device for the toilet, a luxury in that day and age!  Very interesting place and I could see myself there - for a week or two anyway!!!  

Goldie146 replied on 22/06/2024 11:32

Posted on 22/06/2024 11:32

WBakers -Not heard from Goldie, hoping she's busy feeding the haymakers. And there's better news on the livestock front.

Life has being going on as normal - we even managed 4 nights at Englethwaite Hall (wet, cold and windy).

Our next hurdle is 1st July when all the livestock over 6 weeks are jabbed. Then on 4th July, are “read” to determine if they are clear or not of TB. There’s nothing we can do to change the outcome, so we plod on.

4th July? Sounds a familiar date, is something else happening? I’m slightly active politically (to the extent displaying a poster) but will say no more.

DavidKlyne replied on 22/06/2024 12:01

Posted on 22/06/2024 12:01

On 1st July Margaret has an operation on her left hand for Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, she had the right hand done earlier in the year. Being right handed and having recovered from that Op she should be ready to vote on the 4th Julysmile I think this election has been the strangest I have ever experienced since first voting in 1964. When I was a youngster I remember cars with loudspeakers, lucky to get the ice cream van now! I suppose all the noise has gone onto Social Media so perhaps I should appreciate the quieter life? I always stay up to see the results coming in, usually getting to bed by about 4.00am but I am wondering if I am getting too old for that!

David

Takethedogalong replied on 22/06/2024 12:51

Posted on 22/06/2024 09:16 by heddlo

Yes Milliehull the Carthusians were a silent order and I was surprised to read, somewhere, that many of them were from wealthy families and they would have had some sort of trade.  Apart from seeing and speaking to nobody they were much better off than many in that era with regular meals, drinking water and a sort of flushing device for the toilet, a luxury in that day and age!  Very interesting place and I could see myself there - for a week or two anyway!!!  

Posted on 22/06/2024 12:51

I love Mount Grace as well, so interesting seeing the individual cells they lived in. It’s a beautiful setting as well, and I think Chris Beardshaw was responsible for the gardens looking so nice. It’s a truly beautiful, and relatively undiscovered bit of Yorkshire round there, tiny little villages, hidden moorland spots. 

Just had a nice couple of hours tidying greenhouse and other garden areas at Mum’s. Very warm here now, mix of Sun and cloud.

DK, we usually stay up and watch some of poll counts come in. We have deliberately not watched any of the TV stuff, can’t be doing with all the point scoring. We need more than sound bite solutions to get this country back off its knees. I just hope we get some morally decent, honest, intelligent, and diligent representation, rather than the shambles we have had on all sides of the House. It’s not just a strong Government we need, but a decent Opposition bench to hold them to account as well. 

DEBSC replied on 22/06/2024 13:36

Posted on 22/06/2024 13:36

I made a large pan of vegetable soup this morning, enough for batches in the freezer. I used a recipe online, loads of cookery books but it takes so long to find what I want I find online easier, may have to get rid of some cookery books. I’m trying to diet for a family wedding and after putting Ilbs on on holiday and soup is a way of still getting my vitamins.

Eldest granddaughter is taking a nap in bed, she says she is still waking up at hospital times, lots of sleep to catch up on. Youngest granddaughter is bungee jumping off tall buildings! Only on tv, switch, it’s keeping her occupied, also grandad who says he needs to play with her, he’s happy as Larry to have an excuse to play with it. I’m on here as I’m putting off doing the pile of ironing that is waiting for me. 

I put weed and feed on the front lawn but I clearly missed a patch as yellow weeds have come into flower. One of our neighbours is standing as a Green Cllr, he’s very nice but his garden is covered in weeds, ‘for the insects’ problem is they are spreading to everyone else’s gardens. Our strimmer is broken so waiting for the new one to be delivered before we can tackle it. Oh well, better get on with that ironing.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook