What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

eurortraveller replied on 23/06/2024 15:13

Posted on 23/06/2024 15:13

I live in area where change is slow. The house is 300 years old, the oak tree in the garden is 400 years old. and two farming families in the valley have been here longer than that.

It is therefore no surprise that CAMC has still been unable to change the size of the writing on my I pad. It is still the same. No smaller, No bigger, No shouty capitals. No long names muddled into stories .Absolutely unaltered.

But at least you have all taught me the meaning of the word Font. I thought it was just  to do with baptism of babies - which our four somehow missed. Never mind.  

Wherenext replied on 23/06/2024 15:51

Posted on 22/06/2024 22:07 by Cornersteady

In a galaxy far far away...

Watching a Star Wars series on Disney+ called The Acolyte when I noticed in the Jedi camp they still used aquarolls!

Posted on 23/06/2024 15:51

Phone home CT.

Well the IT boffins have managed to make it even worse. What an absolute joke CAMC's claim that this is making customer service better. Going to have to hunt out my old magnifying glass, or move to Dartmoor so I can see what I'm typing.

A few photos from our time spent at Erddig NT last Thursday.

We've been cleaning out the house of stored caravan parts. Some have ended up at the tip. We'll now try to sell some on Marketplace then offer the rest out on community freecycle.

Wherenext replied on 23/06/2024 15:58

Posted on 23/06/2024 15:58

A photo of our new vehicle. I think TW had a Wildax Pulsar at one time, might still do.

Plus a bonus for Francis of a car we came across today.

Takethedogalong replied on 23/06/2024 16:02

Posted on 23/06/2024 16:02

I used to be a werewolf 🤔

But I’m alright nowhooooooo!😁

Long time since I visited Erdigg, hope all the trip went well. We are off somewhere for a couple of nights this week hopefully. Red hot up here, 25c in garden, 

Takethedogalong replied on 23/06/2024 16:04

Posted on 23/06/2024 15:58 by Wherenext

A photo of our new vehicle. I think TW had a Wildax Pulsar at one time, might still do.

Posted on 23/06/2024 16:04

Is your photo flipped WN, or does it have sliding doors both sides?

I had a look, ingenious layout👍

Wherenext replied on 23/06/2024 16:13

Posted on 23/06/2024 16:13

Sliding doors both sides Ttda, but just the one electric step on the nearside so a collapsible small step required. We had both open on Thursday to let the breeze blow through. Had a bike rack fitted as well.

A couple of niggles so it will have to go in for an hour or so but we'll probably get a Fiamma canopy fitted soon. Everything's been a bit rushed

Tinwheeler replied on 23/06/2024 16:21

Posted on 23/06/2024 15:58 by Wherenext

Posted on 23/06/2024 16:21

Indeed we did, WN. Hope it suits you as it definitely lends itself to day van use.

Three tips: before you attempt to sleep in it, ensure the bed goes together properly as there was something amiss with the metal frame supplied with ours. Secondly, we never did figure out how to change a tail light bulb which has to be done from inside. Thirdly, for much easier use of the tables, we moved the mounts to the front of the two rear seats as shown (not safe to carry passengers with the tables in that position though). 

Enjoy your van.

Tinwheeler replied on 23/06/2024 16:24

Posted on 23/06/2024 16:13 by Wherenext

Sliding doors both sides Ttda, but just the one electric step on the nearside so a collapsible small step required. We had both open on Thursday to let the breeze blow through. Had a bike rack fitted as well.

A couple of niggles so it will have to go in for an hour or so but we'll probably get a Fiamma canopy fitted soon. Everything's been a bit rushed

Posted on 23/06/2024 16:24

We established that a second electric step on the offside couldn’t be fitted due to the placement of the exhaust system.

We had a wind out canopy even though we ordered the van without one. Needless to say we didn’t pay for it as it was Wildax's error.

Wherenext replied on 23/06/2024 16:43

Posted on 23/06/2024 16:43

Cheers TW. We did actually manage to put the bed together at the dealers before buying. I was surprised that I slept really well. So was OH!

They apparently stopped the 5 metre vans a couple of years ago as Fiat weren't supply that chassis. Now 5.4metres.

As you say, it's more for day van with short stays away, which is how our touring will have to be in the near future.

Tinwheeler replied on 23/06/2024 16:53

Posted on 23/06/2024 16:43 by Wherenext

Cheers TW. We did actually manage to put the bed together at the dealers before buying. I was surprised that I slept really well. So was OH!

They apparently stopped the 5 metre vans a couple of years ago as Fiat weren't supply that chassis. Now 5.4metres.

As you say, it's more for day van with short stays away, which is how our touring will have to be in the near future.

Posted on 23/06/2024 16:53

I didn’t realise they’d stretched the Pulsar to 5.4m. Ours was 2021 and we bought it because we wanted a 5m van. It was not possible to use ours as two single beds. At that time the L1 was not available with the higher top so ours had a bolt on 'plastic' top. I think yours is a metal top👍🏻. You can see the difference.

Is the spare wheel still mounted on the rear door? That made fitting a bike rack very difficult.

Looking at the website, I think I prefer yours😀

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook