What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

DavidKlyne replied on 24/06/2024 12:23

Posted on 23/06/2024 15:58 by Wherenext

A photo of our new vehicle. I think TW had a Wildax Pulsar at one time, might still do.

Plus a bonus for Francis of a car we came across today.

Posted on 24/06/2024 12:23

WN

Looks a go anywhere size of van? Perhaps you might be interested in watching a few Vlogs from "Life is too short" https://www.youtube.com/@LifeistooshortCK  They have recently changed from a small Nissan camper van to a van similar in size to yours. 

David

DEBSC replied on 24/06/2024 19:25

Posted on 24/06/2024 19:25

Well the yellow weather warning for heat wasn’t needed in Devon, warm enough but not hot and thick cloud all day. Worked out though as I managed a full day in the garden, both front and back looking good now. Middle granddaughter came for a couple of hours this afternoon, her sister was rushed into hospital again today, she was sitting with her there to keep her company but her Mum went and took over so granddaughter came here for a while. So proud of how she looks after her sister and steps up in the family. Tried out a new recipe in the slow cooker, it didn’t look as though it was going to quite work out so I improvised and made a few changes, it was lovely so think I will stick to the improvisations next time. Sorry to the fans but I’m getting fed up with football on the tv and if it’s not that it’s the elections. Not sure which is worse. 

HelenandTrevor replied on 24/06/2024 19:34

Posted on 24/06/2024 19:34

Millie, Pleased you enjoyed your holiday, & Happy Birthday to Mr M 🎂🍾

Wherenext your new Campervan looks really good,  glad you are finding it comfortable, some neighbours have a similar small van and are really loving it.

We had a lovely afternoon with our grand daughter yesterday, spent some time at the park and then let her sit in the caravan which she thought was fun, next step is coming away with us for a couple of nights, Might have to find some extra energy 🤣🤣

Been very warm today, but managed to get 2 loads of washing dry in a couple of hour's.  It was very quiet at work this afternoon which meant I got home a bit earlier to enjoy the sunshine as it had cooled down.

Oneputt replied on 24/06/2024 19:47

Posted on 24/06/2024 19:47

Arrived home this morning after my 1000 mile, 8 day trip to Wales and Hampshire. Van sorted and in storage.

Gorgeous sunny weather in East Norfolk with a temperature of 23C.  

Congrats too WN on the acquisition of their new van 

Bakers2 replied on 24/06/2024 20:13

Posted on 24/06/2024 20:13

Oh DEBSC your family are certainly going through it. Thinking of you all. I'm also very inclined to agree with you about current TV viewing. I saw a good cartoon yesterday and again today on social media. A couple sitting in front of the TV one asking the other "would you rather shout at footballers or politicians?"

It's been very warm here, 26c ocassional sun but generally overcast, very still and heavy. It feels slightly better at the moment.

I did a shady dog walk before 10. My towels were almost dry on our return. More washing dried quickly. But otherwise, minimal chores have been done. I've been sitting in the shade doing a bit of mending and knitting for 'Tiny' who's growing fast looking at mum yesterday. I'm only doing the one cardigan - started February but I can't seem to get much progress!

Boy how things have changed, 'Tiny' is due a few days later than our daughter, our 1st. I gave up work at 6 months about now and rested, it was a hot summer, no maternity pay 😉, so I just rested up and enjoyed the last 'freedom'. Son and family off to Portugal tomorrow for a week. Hopefully then a lull before harvest...... I'm still not sure if it'll be crops or baby 😂

I thought I'd escaped grand dog duties for their holiday. I just kept my head down! As from tomorrow evening we have a 2nd dog. She's getting old and stiff and is no trouble except she won't use the garden for her business. So needs several walks and OH isn't always able to assist these days - without the heat in the mix. No worries worse things happen at sea. Our dog needs a good 3 miles off lead at least. Grand dog too heavy to carry and no off road conveyance 🤣

HelenandTrevor you certainly will need energy for a couple of nights away with your granddaughter. And lots of fresh air.......

Sorry if I've missed others news, but now have company....

Wherenext replied on 24/06/2024 20:24

Posted on 24/06/2024 20:24

Thanks for the well wishing from various folks.

One thing we didn't want to do, well 2 things really, was to just sit back and let the caravan rot and not be used, and secondly look back in 5 years or so and say "I wish we'd bought that campervan and at least tried to make it work". At least this way we'll know and we're not bad at adapting.

Things as you would expect have been rather busy here. Still acquiring things we need or might need and getting rid of things we don't.

I dont remember if I said that a kind neighbour who is excellent at woodworking has made a "home" for MiLs Dolly-Trolley. We normally keep it in the garage but she can't open that so is house bound if we're away. She can now access the trolley which she uses as an aide for walking and is now solo walking on some days. She said it gave her her freedom back. It hasn't done our freedom any harm either but she is tickled pink with it.

You have a lovely caring family Debsc. 

Hope all well with your brother OneP. Bit worried about mine as he was supposed to ring tonight. Hopefully he's just fallen asleep as usual.

DavidKlyne replied on 24/06/2024 20:58

Posted on 24/06/2024 20:58

Talk about mad dogs and Englishmen going out in the midday sun! I knew it was going to be hot, although strangely not always sunny. Decided to fit my new back gate today. It came pre-constructed so at least that was a bonus. It took a bit longer that I expected but perhaps I was just flagging? Quite please with my efforts. Just need a top bolt for it now so and excuse to go and have a rummage round B&Q tomorrow. 

David

KjellNN replied on 24/06/2024 21:00

Posted on 24/06/2024 21:00

A day of packing for our trip, just not used to having to be so organised and all the restrictions on what can be packed where!    We will get there eventually.

Mainly dull here till about 5, then some sun, but very mild.

nelliethehooker replied on 24/06/2024 21:50

Posted on 24/06/2024 21:50

Early visit to the dentist for her to take an impression for a new dental plate. 3 more visits booked roughly two weeks apart for fittings etc, which means that we will be able to fit decent length trips away inbetween. Have booked a couple of sites for our first already. Back again to the dental surgery tomorrow for our quarterly hygienist appointment. A warmer day today with just a very light onshore breeze which kept the temperature at a pleasant level for our walks.

DSB replied on 25/06/2024 09:25

Posted on 25/06/2024 09:25

Hot day yesterday, so outdoor jobs restricted to a quick sweep upand a tip run.  Spent most of the day on concert programmes + taking the caravan in fir warranty work.

• Another warm day today.  Now sitting in the car park of George Eliot Hospital, waiting for Carol who has gone for a hip injection!

David

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook