What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

Takethedogalong replied on 22/06/2024 14:17

Posted on 22/06/2024 14:17

I’m afraid “total neglect” is being mistaken for being insect and wildlife friendly by a lot of folks, but all that happens is that a few of the dominant plants/weeds end up strangling out the more diverse plants, and that ends up with less choice for anything that visits, particularly nectar rich stuff. I have patches of nettles, buttercups, etc…. In my garden, but controlled and not allowed to swamp out all the flowers such as Scabious, foxgloves, Hollyhocks, Agapanthus, Lavenders, etc….we get Hummingbird Hawk Moths, and plenty of different bees, beetles, grasshoppers. Next door is a strangled wilderness of nettles, burdock and greater and lesser bindweed. I suspect it’s also rat central, but it’s too dense a jungle to see them except when they come out under the fence😱 

Keeping an eye on Devon weather, Dartmoor might just be possible🤞

DEBSC replied on 22/06/2024 16:07

Posted on 22/06/2024 16:07

Devon weather is fine at the moment TakeTD. It did rain heavily last night but that was fine as it watered the garden and filled the empty water barrel.

Takethedogalong replied on 22/06/2024 17:31

Posted on 22/06/2024 17:31

Thank you, it’s not imminent, but I like to keep an eye on things. It will be deepest Dartmoor, so we never know what we might get😁 We’ve previously had a fortnight of scorching heat, a week of deluge, and a mixed bag of both, but we just roll with it, as it’s a place we love in all seasons, and make the most of whatever happens. Hoping to go swimming if we can, and some cycling. Cottage by the way, not the MH, we can’t get that down the lanes, but the Jeep is good fun.

HelenandTrevor replied on 22/06/2024 19:57

Posted on 22/06/2024 19:57

Thanks, Helen. I see that you were staying at Kenby Farm. Glad you liked it, we were there last year, and they appear to have done even more to it, as they said they would. Hope you enjoyed your stay.

We did thank you Nellie,  it is certainly a lovely CL and plenty to do in the area. 🙂

HelenandTrevor replied on 22/06/2024 20:17

Posted on 22/06/2024 20:17

It's been a beautiful day today,  lots of sunshine ☀.  Had lots if ironing to tackle this morning, not a job I relish. 

Had a trip to our local tip, as its the only place where they will take florescent tubes for recycling. We then popped into the farm shop on the way home, arrived home a lot poorer. 🤣

Spent the afternoon with some if our neighbours  for  drinks and nibbles to celebrate their new arrival ,baby Charlotte who is now just a month old. 

Also made a cake which is now ready for filling and icing tomorrow, our grand daughter is visiting us tomorrow, she really enjoys a bit of cake 🎂 

Hope the forecast works out for you Ttda, and you get to Dartmoor. 

nelliethehooker replied on 22/06/2024 21:19

Posted on 22/06/2024 21:19

Another lovely sunny day after overnight rain, although it has clouded up now. Most important job this morning was giving Flyte a good wash in the shower and then a walk out in the sunshine to dry off. I was able to get the caravan hoovered out after lunch, but will delay cleaning the outside until after it has had it's service.

Cornersteady replied on 22/06/2024 22:07

Posted on 22/06/2024 22:07

In a galaxy far far away...

Watching a Star Wars series on Disney+ called The Acolyte when I noticed in the Jedi camp they still used aquarolls!

RedKite replied on 23/06/2024 09:09

Posted on 23/06/2024 09:09

CS perhaps it is the latest robot ha ha.

This font size is stupid just glad I have my glasses on.

heddlo replied on 23/06/2024 09:35

Posted on 22/06/2024 22:07 by Cornersteady

In a galaxy far far away...

Watching a Star Wars series on Disney+ called The Acolyte when I noticed in the Jedi camp they still used aquarolls!

Posted on 23/06/2024 09:35

Wow! Well spotted CS.  I thought the chap who came for ours looked unusual!!!  🤖🤣

DEBSC replied on 23/06/2024 09:42

Posted on 23/06/2024 09:42

Agree with you Redkite the font size is ridiculous. Then I read that they have done it on purpose! I thought that it was just another hiccup and would revert to normal soon. On my device, which is old I admit, all the longer names  of people have run into the text of their story. I realise the large font may be easier for some to read but it is rather large now. Then when one comes to type anything in it’s all in such tiny text. How does this help anyone. Please someone just put it back to normal as it’s all an effort now.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook