What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

Takethedogalong replied on 20/06/2024 20:54

Posted on 20/06/2024 20:54

Glad you got what you wanted WN. Hope things go very well for you👍

One of our neighbour’s was busy this afternoon. His 16 year old son has just finished school, and they are off to his “prom” tonight. The nice young man and his chums are going in style, his Dad was just polishing this absolute stunner as I came home from Mum’s. Dad is a builder, and loves cars and bikes, rebuilt this a very long time ago from not much more than a chassis. Got to be one of the most beautiful iconic cars ever designed. 

DavidKlyne replied on 20/06/2024 21:00

Posted on 20/06/2024 19:15 by Wherenext

Well we gone and dunnit. Finally managed to sell the caravan and car, the dealer of our new campervan taking both off our hands.

Picked it up yesterday and spent the rest of the day trying to pack the essentials into it, in between having to give tours to nosey neighbours. It's a lot smaller than our caravan so our home now looks like a second hand caravan accessory shop. It's going to be a day van, but has 4 seat belts even though just a 2 berth, with short 2/3 nights away depending how well MiL's recovery is going. We are actually away at present testing it out. Just local. 

Spent some of the day at Erddig NT wandering around the gardens. Been a lovely day weather wise.

Everything seems fine at present. 34 years of caravanning at an end. 1 day of M/homes touring nearly under our belts.

Posted on 20/06/2024 21:00

Congratulations WN, a new chapter begins? Be nice to see some pictures.

David

nelliethehooker replied on 20/06/2024 21:17

Posted on 20/06/2024 21:17

WN, all the best with your new M/H. I hope you get as much pleasure going off in it as you did when in your caravan.

That sounds like a very pleasant day out, tda, and an interesting trip too.

It looks as if you will be having a few busy days, DK.

Sorry to hear of the amount of rain you have had, RK, and that you have a sore arm following your Covid injection. We go tomorrow morning to get ours done, and up to now they have not resulted in aching arms or given us any side effects.

Today it has been fine, dry and sunny at times, but not as bright as yesterday. OH had a hairdressing appointment in the morning and the rest of the time I spent digging weeds out from our jungle!!

Oneputt replied on 20/06/2024 21:20

Posted on 20/06/2024 21:20

Moved from Wales to Rookesbury today.  Temperature in Wales 14C temp at Rookesbury on arrival 24C.

Saw quite a few planes at the Max Loop and the photographing of fast jets is slowly improving.

Went to Llyn Clywedog yesterday, the numbers and species of birds spotted was incredible

milliehull replied on 20/06/2024 21:49

Posted on 20/06/2024 21:49

How exciting WN! I hope you have some wonderful times in your new MH. It will certainly be different to your travels in your caravan but new adventures beckon. Enjoy!

Your latest trip sounded great nellie. You posted some lovely photos which I really enjoyed. I hope all your appointments go well now you are home.

I now have the different sized font. It starts off big and gets smaller as I go through the posts. My post here is now minute 🥺. I also kept getting 'server error' messages. Is there anyone at home East Grinstead HQ 🤔?

Guess where we have been today. I know some of you will from the photos. Lovely sunshine again today.

Wherenext replied on 20/06/2024 22:03

Posted on 20/06/2024 21:00 by DavidKlyne

Congratulations WN, a new chapter begins? Be nice to see some pictures.

David

Posted on 20/06/2024 22:03

When we get home on Saturday David.

I agree with you Ttda. One of the most iconic cars. Lovely job he's made of it

Wells by any chance Millie? We think it's one of our favourite places.

Why has your font changed mid post Nellie.

mickysf replied on 20/06/2024 22:11

Posted on 20/06/2024 22:11

Just watched the sun setting out at sea! Fabulous and difficult to comprehend!

richardandros replied on 21/06/2024 04:57

Posted on 20/06/2024 21:49 by milliehull

How exciting WN! I hope you have some wonderful times in your new MH. It will certainly be different to your travels in your caravan but new adventures beckon. Enjoy!

Your latest trip sounded great nellie. You posted some lovely photos which I really enjoyed. I hope all your appointments go well now you are home.

I now have the different sized font. It starts off big and gets smaller as I go through the posts. My post here is now minute 🥺. I also kept getting 'server error' messages. Is there anyone at home East Grinstead HQ 🤔?

Guess where we have been today. I know some of you will from the photos. Lovely sunshine again today.

Posted on 21/06/2024 04:57

We were at Wells the other day, nellie. One of our favourite places on this coast. I didn't know the significance of the Lifeboat Horse sculpture until I read about it here. My photo shows it partially submerged, as the tide was coming in when we were there.

Rufs replied on 21/06/2024 07:55

Posted on 21/06/2024 07:55

"Moved from Wales to Rookesbury today. Temperature in Wales 14C temp at Rookesbury on arrival 24C"

what do you expect oneputt, you have moved to gods country, was 30 degs in my back garden yesterday surprisedand I know you have awoken to a glorious morning, not so sure about tomorrow.

off to proms in the park tonight at our gsons school, he plays the drums and trumpet, very talented.

this new font thingy is driving me crazy, just not consistantyell

vbfg replied on 21/06/2024 08:59

Posted on 21/06/2024 08:59

What a lovely photo and story about the Well's horse sculpture and the Well's Lifeboat horses, neither of which I had heard about before.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook