What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

nelliethehooker replied on 19/06/2024 21:26

Posted on 19/06/2024 21:26

Home today after our 10 week trip of Scotland. The majority of the 17 sites we were on where very quiet compared to previous years. By staying a number of THS this kept our costs down and the 70 nights averaged out at £16:97 pn.

We had a very heavy shower last evening but it was fine again when we got up and it has been a lovely warm sunny day. The caravan is all cleared out and OH has done all the washing which it has dried nicely out on the lines.
Now for a round of appointments, including the dentist and our Covid jabs, also the caravan is due it's annual service next week. We hope we will be able to get away for a few short breaks inbetween the appointments, depending on how close together they fall, so we will just take in the odd off-grid THS or CL.

Takethedogalong replied on 19/06/2024 21:46

Posted on 19/06/2024 21:46

We have been following your adventures Nellie, some lovely places visited, nice sounding sites. That’s a great nightly average price, just shows how you can do very extended tours in the UK for a very good price.👍

We have had a bit better weather this week, so getting plenty of gardening done, both at home and at Mum’s. We decided to replace our 25 year old camping chairs today (£5 each from B&Q in Penzance, they owe us nothing🤣), not a huge range to choose from, but a visit to Go Outdoors has provided us with a pair of very nice Berghaus high back chairs. They are very nice to sit up to a table (important for me, as I like to make things while away), and recline nicely as well. Lightweight and in carry bags, fit well into MH bathroom, so perfect for what we need on the road, and on-site. A lot more paid than the old ones, but they should see our touring days out. Lunch at a lovely eatery near Hathersage, then we drove all the way round the Ladybower, Derwent, and Howden dams, right as far as you can take a car, for a lovely peaceful stroll with the hound, and a sit in the sunshine. 

Hope others away are having a nice time, and some decent weather.

DavidKlyne replied on 19/06/2024 21:48

Posted on 19/06/2024 21:48

Been a busy few days. I decided to replace the back gate next to our garage. Now we no longer have the motorhome I can revert to the gate opening inwards which will mean I can get the car a bit further up the drive. I ordered the new gate from Wickes with some other gardening products, 14 items in all. We were told they would arrive by 15.00 hrs! These delivery companies now give you live tracing. I noticed the items were not collected until 15.00hrs and then watched as the driver going in the opposite direction to MK and was heading for Oxford! The delivery arrived just before 21.00hrs in the evening! One item missing, a bag of sharp sand. Emailed Wickes and suggested they refund and I will go into our local branch as this seemed the logical thing to do? What did Wickes do, they arranged a new delivery of a £3.50 bag of sand today, it duly arrived this morning. Not exactly the way to make money?  

David

DSB replied on 19/06/2024 22:52

Posted on 19/06/2024 21:48 by DavidKlyne

Been a busy few days. I decided to replace the back gate next to our garage. Now we no longer have the motorhome I can revert to the gate opening inwards which will mean I can get the car a bit further up the drive. I ordered the new gate from Wickes with some other gardening products, 14 items in all. We were told they would arrive by 15.00 hrs! These delivery companies now give you live tracing. I noticed the items were not collected until 15.00hrs and then watched as the driver going in the opposite direction to MK and was heading for Oxford! The delivery arrived just before 21.00hrs in the evening! One item missing, a bag of sharp sand. Emailed Wickes and suggested they refund and I will go into our local branch as this seemed the logical thing to do? What did Wickes do, they arranged a new delivery of a £3.50 bag of sand today, it duly arrived this morning. Not exactly the way to make money?  

David

Posted on 19/06/2024 22:52

Looks like another busy few days, David... 🙂 

I've spent most of today in the garden.  I seem so far behind with things this year - I think because we had such a wet Spring...

Tomorrow is a hospital appointment day for both of us, and my usual Brewood Singers practice tomorrow night... concert coming up soon....

David

RedKite replied on 20/06/2024 10:39

Posted on 20/06/2024 10:39

Had our 7th Covid jab yesterday pm at a local Pharmacie now got a sore upper left arm so hope will improve.

We had an awful thunderstorm in the night and the thunder just kept on rumbling for about half an hour and the rain was very heavy and now at 11.35am our time we have had 64mm since midnight yuck it is very wet outside and more to come in the next couple of days then drier and warmer so no outside chores here.

Not keen on the font size on here now and my reply is very small heyho.

Takethedogalong replied on 20/06/2024 13:13

Posted on 20/06/2024 13:13

Hope the weather improves for Tour de France RK, we will be watching it, hoping Mark Cavendish can break Eddy Merckx’ record. and stay safe🫣😱🚴‍♂️🚴‍♂️🚴‍♂️

I can’t make my mind up if I am seeing a different font size, sometimes it looks different, but this thread just looks exactly the same. That’s the Caravan Club though, always giving us things we aren’t really sure we want🤔 Deposits, a new booking system, hey ho😁

RedKite replied on 20/06/2024 15:08

Posted on 20/06/2024 15:08

Ttda the weather is due to improve from Sunday onwards and the tour folk will be happier about that, it will be coming through the Lot-et-Garonne and then Lot our department will have to see where we can go to see it go through and hopefully not so Hot as previous years and will be watching it on tv although a hour later than UK.

Weather has been dry for the last hour hooray  so a quick look around the garden and some shrubs are looking a bit drooped but hope they will come back ok and it is quite cool 16.5C a lot cooler than last year at the same time

Wherenext replied on 20/06/2024 19:15

Posted on 20/06/2024 19:15

Well we gone and dunnit. Finally managed to sell the caravan and car, the dealer of our new campervan taking both off our hands.

Picked it up yesterday and spent the rest of the day trying to pack the essentials into it, in between having to give tours to nosey neighbours. It's a lot smaller than our caravan so our home now looks like a second hand caravan accessory shop. It's going to be a day van, but has 4 seat belts even though just a 2 berth, with short 2/3 nights away depending how well MiL's recovery is going. We are actually away at present testing it out. Just local. 

Spent some of the day at Erddig NT wandering around the gardens. Been a lovely day weather wise.

Everything seems fine at present. 34 years of caravanning at an end. 1 day of M/homes touring nearly under our belts.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook