What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

vbfg replied on 19/06/2024 06:59

Posted on 18/06/2024 16:09 by Rufs

Val, did you ever check out the Kingfisher site which is between LOS & stokes bay, never used it but sometimes cycle round just to be nosey, i think they have just refurbed the facilities block and created some new hardstandings, they also have a bar/resturant, never going to be club standard but it is well situated with a bus stop for going into LOS or to Gosport, very convenient for the ferry to Portsmouth and Southsea, one down side could be traffic noise but there are pitches well away from the perimeter

Posted on 19/06/2024 06:59

I have stayed there in a tent many years ago with my 3 children, when visiting my ex mother and father in law, who lived in Lee. Unfortunately, as a single tourer, like most private sites, I consider that it is too expensive, just for one person.  Rookesbury Park is far cheaper and looks very attractive as well.

Val

Rufs replied on 19/06/2024 08:10

Posted on 19/06/2024 08:10

Has anybody else got this very large font size?, all my other apps seem to be ok just the CAMC site

trellis replied on 19/06/2024 09:37

Posted on 18/06/2024 21:36 by nelliethehooker

It has been fine for most of the day and quite warm too. We went to Levens Hall this morning  and had a walk through the estate before lunch and then around the gardens in the afternoon. We didn't bother going into the house  as we have visited  on a few occasions. We have just had a heavy rainstorm, which is a pity as the ground was drying out nicely. Our last night away of this 10 week trip, home in the morning.

Photos of the flowers are from The Creighton at Dumfries and the others from Levens Hall.

Posted on 19/06/2024 09:37

Nellie,What a stunning flock .Any idea what breed they are? .🤔.

Tinwheeler replied on 19/06/2024 10:29

Posted on 19/06/2024 08:10 by Rufs

Has anybody else got this very large font size?, all my other apps seem to be ok just the CAMC site

Posted on 19/06/2024 10:29

Me too, Rufs. It’s OK on my phone but very strange on my Pad. I reduced the font size to make it more normal but then my text in the reply box became minute. 🤷🏻‍♂️

milliehull replied on 19/06/2024 11:06

Posted on 19/06/2024 06:17 by richardandros

Where are you staying millie? We're at Sandringham at the moment and the 4g signal - and therefore my internet connection, is diabolical.  I'm only getting 1Mbps download which is the same as the free Club offering - but at least I know mine's secure. I think of all the places we have been to in the country, this connection (on EE) is by far the worst.

I was going to post some pics of our visit to King's Lynn but I won't bother because I doubt they will upload.  First time we've been there and was very pleasantly surprised. Lovely old buildings around the Minster - notably the Guildhall which was re-built in 1422! Had a lazy-ish day yesterday and just went to the visitor centre for a walk and a coffee - although progress was slow because it seemed everyone wanted to come and stroke Megsmile She was in her element!!

Weather has been far better than forecast and we have managed 4 BBQs so far - let's hope it continues which the latest forecast suggests it will.

Posted on 19/06/2024 11:06

We are near Cromer R&R. It seems OK today. We always found the internet connection at Sandringham dreadful. A lot of it seemed to depend whereabouts on the site you were and also how busy the site was. We love the old part of Kings Lynn. Did you look at the old fisherman's cottages on Trues Yard? One up and one down which according to the census records had very large families living in them. St Nicholas Chapel is also well worth a look. It is very big for a chapel. If one of the guides are on duty they can tell you the history. 

DSB replied on 19/06/2024 11:49

Posted on 19/06/2024 08:20 by Bakers2

No, but CT is working at first attempt. Shock enough..........

Posted on 19/06/2024 11:49

I've stuggled to get on this thread this week..  I've been getting lots of 'server error' type messages...  Managed now, though.

David

DavidKlyne replied on 19/06/2024 16:12

Posted on 19/06/2024 11:49 by DSB

I've stuggled to get on this thread this week..  I've been getting lots of 'server error' type messages...  Managed now, though.

David

Posted on 19/06/2024 16:12

David

There is a problem with page 5999 which I don't think anyone can access despite there being fairly recent posts. When I find this I try and move the post count onto the next page which at least allows contributions. 

David

DSB replied on 19/06/2024 16:26

Posted on 19/06/2024 16:12 by DavidKlyne

David

There is a problem with page 5999 which I don't think anyone can access despite there being fairly recent posts. When I find this I try and move the post count onto the next page which at least allows contributions. 

David

Posted on 19/06/2024 16:26

Thanks David.  I had a feeling it was something like that, from the posts that followed....

David

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook