What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

heddlo replied on 12/06/2024 17:20

Posted on 12/06/2024 14:09 by Oneputt

Again I have to ask myself where that time went.  Today is leftie and righties (grandtwins) tenth birthday.  

Posted on 12/06/2024 17:20

A very Happy 10th Birthday twins!  And also to you Richard.

We have had the ‘where has the time gone’ scenarios this year but with 18’s and 21’s!!  Frightening! 

Francis replied on 12/06/2024 17:29

Posted on 12/06/2024 17:29

Glad your enjoying your time in Ayrshire Nellie you are not far fr us Irvine is only 8 miles from us so we go shopping etc there a lot. The weather has been ok for you today too. Enjoy

Bakers2 replied on 12/06/2024 18:00

Posted on 12/06/2024 18:00

Happy birthday to the twins. Our granddaughter celebrated double figures this year 😱.

Happy birthday to Richard for tomorrow. The number maybe bigger, but you're still here! Eat drink and be merry πŸŽ‚πŸΎπŸΈπŸ»

Good to read others news.

We've had a completely, so far, dry day 😁. More gardening done. Was hoping to do some this afternoon too but finances dictated a visit to the city to shuffle funds around. Hopefully all sorted for 12 months....

If anyone is a Yorkshire Building Society member they are offering 4.75% up to £100k on a fixed rate bond, launched today. Wasn't what I went in to sort but any enquiry about their rates before I reinvested a matured bond elsewhere 😁

Francis you live in an attractive area, our friends live on the river Irvine further inland. 

Milliehull thanks for the info re hospital restaurant, we pass it on the way to cardiology department. Must check it out. Maybe I can when OH oral op happens - soon 🀞

milliehull replied on 12/06/2024 18:23

Posted on 12/06/2024 18:23

Goodness OP - 10 years old!! I remember them being born. Hope they are having a lovely day with lots of celebrations

Happy birthday to you as well Richard and hope you are celebrating as well.

We might bump into each in the cardiology dept sometime Bakers! We were there today for OH's pacemaker check. All good. They are talking about him having a monitoring box at home to save having to keeping going to PCH for check upsundecided. Another appt after we get back from holiday to discuss. Trying to sort out what to take on holiday - I think I have decided on warm jumpers and wet weather gear.

Bakers2 replied on 12/06/2024 19:27

Posted on 12/06/2024 19:27

We might bump into each in the cardiology dept sometime Bakers! We were there today for OH's pacemaker check. All good. They are talking about him having a monitoring box at home to save having to keeping going to PCH for check upsundecided.

milliehull we must catch up again! OH has been given a 3 year stay on appointments at PCH. Unless he feels he needs to see them..He has a monitor that talks to his ICD and HQ, wherever that is. But he has an annual physical check of the implant, now Papworth and an annual remote check. Apparently it did kick in once, we had a call from Basildon who he was under at the time, to check all was well. He'd felt nothing! If he gets a monitor it'll make for less visits 🀞.

As for holiday clothing I think you're being sensible. Layers, so that should the temperature rise to the heady heights of the high teens, let alone the 20's you can be ready...... Today I believe we reached the high of 16c. Once again the cloud is thinning and the sun beginning to appear. It would be so nice if it happened earlier in the day!

DavidKlyne replied on 12/06/2024 21:23

Posted on 12/06/2024 21:23

Went to MK Hospital for the x-rays on my knees today. I think it must be quite a while since I have visited the x-ray department and in the meantime the Hospital has changed it's main entrance. I am sure in the past x-rays were done where the fracture clinic was but now you have to walk nearly half a mile to the main x-ray department!!! Good exercise I suppose! All very efficient and seen on time so shouldn't really complain. Will await the results with interest!

David

nelliethehooker replied on 12/06/2024 21:38

Posted on 12/06/2024 21:38

Francis, we had a pleasant time in your neck of the woods, thankfully dry although rather chilly in the persistent wind. However we have now moved on again. Thanks for the heads up 're the laybys, we did stop for lunch before getting to the THS.

Happy birthday  to the twins, OP, I too am surprised at just how quickly the time has gone since they were born. Birthday greetings to you Richard for tomorrow, have a great day.

The day started of bright and sunny, with less wind than of late, but it did cloud up around breakfast time. It stayed cloudy while we packed up and all the way to our present destination, a CL we have used before, which we reached at noon. By 1:00 OH had the washing out and the sun came out so all had dried before we sat down for our evening meal. It is a calm clear evening, however It is sponsored for the "wee beasties" which are out in force. We have had to close all our windows as the fly screens do not prevent them getting into the van. Thank goodness for "Skin so Soft"!!laughing

Francis replied on 13/06/2024 00:04

Posted on 13/06/2024 00:04

Yes Nellie our area is often overlooked with people bypassing us on their way to the highlands but there is so much to do here and Glasgow is only a 40minute drive from us. We are only one street back from the sea so can have walks along the coast easily. Also lucky that there is a dual carriageway starts only half a mile from us linking us to all the major roads easily we often say that we can get on a dual carriageway almost at our front door and be on main roads all the way down to the south of England.

So glad you enjoyed your time here and that you found somewhere to stop for lunch

richardandros replied on 13/06/2024 07:15

Posted on 13/06/2024 07:15

Thank you all for your birthday wishes - sun's shining this morning here in Norfolk - so it looks like being a lovely day.  I think a BBQ will be happening later along with the odd glass of redsmile

Amongst other things, Ros has bought me a big box of jigsaw puzzles - 3 x 1000 pieces.  I know there are some jigsaw aficionados on here (David K?) but I've never been into them before.  These look like a bit of a challenge, though - so that will be interesting!!

Richard

milliehull replied on 13/06/2024 08:44

Posted on 13/06/2024 08:44

Glad you are still enjoying your trip nellie. We are off to Norfolk again as we are 'creatures of habit' these days.  We did all our travelling for many years but stay closer to home now. Does 'Skin so Soft' actually work? I have some in the cupboard and as we used it in France and we didn't get bitten I presume it does! We watched Meggan on Springwatch last week and she was covered in the 'little beasties'.

Enjoy your jigsaws richard and also your glass (or two) of red.

Bright and sunny here today but still chilly.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook