What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

DEBSC replied on 13/06/2024 18:54

Posted on 13/06/2024 18:54

We’ve had a really lovely two weeks holiday, Yorkshire with my cousin and her husband, then on to the Lake District, just us. First week spent in a lovely refurbished farm building, located next to the farm and very rural, with only sheep as neighbours. Then on to our lovely regular, almost 30 years of visiting now, our favourite B&B. Deep in beautiful Cumbrian countryside. So all very rural. OH can’t walk far anymore, so we did use the car more but I managed a few walks while he sat. Yesterday was Tarn Howes. It’s been very cool but only one day of real rain and that day we went to York, it was probably better than it being very hot. We met some very nice people at the B&B and we know the owners well now after all these years. Back at the caravan now to break the journey home, the roads were very busy today and a very nasty accident on the motorway, I do hope the people involved were ok. Very tired now as it was all full on, but so enjoyable, maybe a very early night tonight.

Be very careful of those biting beasties, they don’t really know what caused all our poorly granddaughters health problems but her autoimmune system is in overload and constantly attacks her own body. One theory is that when she was 13 she went on an exchange trip abroad with school. She was badly bitten by midges and had to go to hospital, all of her problems started around this time and just possibly this may have caused all the problems with her autoimmune system.

milliehull replied on 13/06/2024 19:47

Posted on 13/06/2024 19:47

Oh what bad luck Rufs. I hope it wont be too bad as you have had the jab. Take care and look after yourself.

It's now raining here. Thanks for sending it our way WN. 🥺

Wherenext replied on 13/06/2024 20:01

Posted on 13/06/2024 16:57 by Oneputt

I spent the morning sorting out the van for my trip starting Monday.  Off to Wales first to try and get some luck at the Max Loop.  Following that will spend 5 days in Hampshire visiting my Brother.  With luck might get some decent weather 

Posted on 13/06/2024 20:01

Beware if you are entering Wales at the northern end, ie the A494 at the end of the M56. I assume you'll head across country anyway. They are carrying out roadworks on the bridge over the River Dee just past the RAF camp and speed has been reduced to a crawling 30mph. It's a real bottleneck as traffic joins just before the bridge. 

Not much better leaving Wales either. Enjoy your trip.

My pleasure Millie.😂

nelliethehooker replied on 13/06/2024 21:41

Posted on 13/06/2024 21:41

Milie, the Love so Soft appeared to work well, but they have now disappeared as, after a still early morning when they were still about, a light wind blew up and then around noon, just as we had turned round on our walk by Clatteringshaw Reservoir, to head back to the car, it started to rain, and has continued since then. Thankfully it wasn't too heavy and we did have our brollies with us. Spent the afternoon in the caravan, with a couple of short walks, in full wet weather gear, while OH baked a chocolate brownie in the Airfryer.

Enjoy your trip to Wales, OP,  and have a safe journey home from what sounds like a grand couple of weeks, Debs.

Sorry to hear that you have caught Covid, Rufs, hope that it isn't too long before you text negative for the virus.

Rufs replied on 14/06/2024 08:12

Posted on 14/06/2024 08:12

"Watch out for number 3 Rufs"

hopefully we have had nbr 3, Oh's stroke & smashed wrist, & my Covid, feeling ok today it was just a 48 hrs attack but hit hard, however ventured out on my bike this morning before breakfast and got knocked off by a squirrel, no damage to bike or myself but had to do the right thing unfortunately to the squirrel but it was badly injured so for the best.a credit

Had booked 2 sights for our planned trip to Yorkshire starting 15th July but have had to cxl, both sites were very kind and gave us a credit for 12 months on the small deposit i had paid which i thought was kind, next outing will hopefully be September, should have been our regular site in Devon but have done a switch and moved our stay to our regular site in Cornwall, disabled facilities much better and very small site, 17 pitches, plus the beaches only 20 minutes drive so although no on site swimming pool should be able to get plenty of sea swimming in.  

got some sunshine this morning got the towels chuntering around in the washer hopefully getting them out on the line later, daughter coming round to take OH to doctors for medication review, did not think it right for me to go into the surgery.

Bakers2 replied on 14/06/2024 09:29

Posted on 14/06/2024 09:29

daughter coming round to take OH to doctors for medication review, did not think it right for me to go into the surgery.

if only all folks were as thoughtful as you.. Thank you.

Glad you're feeling better sorry about the squirrel 😱

Stop boasting about sun ......... Its actually dry here, at the moment 🤞. Breezy, that with grey and rain seems a constant 😪. I too have towels in the washing machine.

Right must get moving, dog needs a walk, I need to grab some shopping and collect OH prescription. Last one of one medication this morning. Varying amounts of the others. Another 'interesting conversation' in the pharmacy I suspect..... I certainly miss our old pharmacy's staff and efficency sealed

DavidKlyne replied on 14/06/2024 10:10

Posted on 14/06/2024 10:10

Talk about interesting conversations in Pharmacies! The other day I was collecting Margaret's medication whilst she was having her hair done. Quite a few people behind the counter but not much action front of house. I noticed a lady with an NHS lanyard who seemed to be explaining to the staff that they currently hold £40,000 worth of medication and this will have to be cut down to £30,000. Not sure what that will mean for us users but probably we will have to wait for less common medications to be ordered? I had always understood that most pharmacies were private businesses who were just paid by the NHS to provide prescriptions?

David

DSB replied on 14/06/2024 12:17

Posted on 14/06/2024 12:17

With regard to the financial side of pharmacies, that was always my understanting too, DavidK.  Interestingly, Lloyds seem to have sold off most (if not all) of their retail outlets to smaller independant groups/ individuals.  I have to say, those who have taken over our local chemists are far more efficient than Lloyds used to be....

David

Rufs replied on 14/06/2024 13:41

Posted on 14/06/2024 12:21 by Tinwheeler

Likewise Boots are also selling their smaller shops.

Posted on 14/06/2024 13:41

Yes in Lee on the Solent they did in fact have 2 x Boots pharmacies, now only 1.

in Stubbington we have the chain "The village Pharmacy" they are really gearing up big time to accomodate the service for giving advice for i think 7 or 8 conditions, e.g. ear infections, ours now has 2 x consulting rooms and their are always a minimum of 2 x pharmcists available, and when i did use them for an ear infection they were very efficient, however, they did not syringe your ears, had to go to another local clinic, £70 ouchh!! but the NHS surgery no longer provide this service, what do people do if they do not have £70, worrying situation

oh!!! i Know go to A&E and wait 15 hrs yell

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook