What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

Bakers2 replied on 15/06/2024 09:26

Posted on 15/06/2024 09:26

Rufus, sorry to read its raining with you. Here it's bright and there's glimpses of sun. We've had the moisture, so thing looking lush 🤣🤣🤣

DEBSC we have a great GP service since we moved. 🤞Their philosophy is get it sorted on the day! It generally has been. Phone call, Dr/nurse call back. Appointment same day if necessary. 

Long may it last, I fear not they're building thousands - no exaggeration, on new developments on the edge of their village. I expect there'll be little in the way of services 🤬🤬🤬🤬. The amount of greenfield that have been swallowed  up the east side of the A1 towards Peterborough since we arrived is amazing. And they all look awful, the same regardless of developer, tall thin, no front garden. I'll say no more in case its considered political, but defo slums of tomorrow. Folk need and deserve decent housing.....

Bakers2 replied on 15/06/2024 10:06

Posted on 15/06/2024 10:06

Yikes, typed too soon. It's now raining.

Just heading down towards home, yesterday's heavy storm has left its mark in water flows in the footpath. Looks like quite a 'torrent'

DavidKlyne replied on 15/06/2024 10:10

Posted on 15/06/2024 10:10

Bakers2

Having lived on a perpetual building site (Milton Keynes) for 45 years I suppose I am just used to new houses being built around us. Its not just within the City boundary on all routes out for probably 20/30 miles. The trouble is we desperately need more houses although one could argue we need more social housing which in itself would probably free up a lot of cheaper properties for sale? Will it happen who knows. I did come across a little fact about how much of England is covered by housing and despite many thinking there won't be any green space left only about 5% of the land mass is taken up by housing so a long way to go!

David

DEBSC replied on 15/06/2024 10:43

Posted on 15/06/2024 09:17 by Tinwheeler

Sometimes I find it hard to believe you and I live in the same county.

Btw, £1200 hearing aids are the cheap end of the scale.

Posted on 15/06/2024 10:43

It must be living in the West Country Tinwheeler. 20 years ago same day appointments but unheard of now, more like 3 or 4 weeks, if you are lucky.

Tinwheeler replied on 15/06/2024 11:22

Posted on 15/06/2024 10:43 by DEBSC

It must be living in the West Country Tinwheeler. 20 years ago same day appointments but unheard of now, more like 3 or 4 weeks, if you are lucky.

Posted on 15/06/2024 11:22

And that’s just to get a phone call appointment!

Takethedogalong replied on 15/06/2024 11:56

Posted on 15/06/2024 09:15 by Bakers2

Its our 40th Wedding Anniversary this week. 

congratulations takethedogalong 🍾🥂.  Enjoy your well deserved 😉 celebrations. 

Reading that makes me happy and sad. We were looking forward to a small celebration with family for our 40th. It was even a Sunday! Mum died in the November, still leaving us a decent time before we reached our date. Sadly, long story short, she had to have a post mortem, thanks to her GP practice 🤬. Then Christmas, so her funeral very delayed. Luckily it was church burial or would have been worse. It was just 2 days after our date. 

Promised ourselves we'd celebrate later, but of course it's not the same 😪. Might celebrate 45th next year - sapphire I believe? 

Actually typing this has revived the idea of celebrating,.  I thought we'd have to wait for 50. So thanks for the nudge 

Posted on 15/06/2024 11:56

Oh Bakers, if only we could enjoy it. 40 years in the planning, all we have been through these last seven years with OH’s cancer and HA. But sadly I  get a day off from caring for Mum, and at the moment that is it. But we are seeing some of family as they pop in, if the rain stops might go to a Classic car show, our time will come🤞 Paris Olympics would have been nice, then onto Italy. I dream…………..
We did manage to dodge The Battle of Orgreave 40 years ago, we were on honeymoon while the mayhem was going on, and came back straight into another family wedding, OH’s older sister. That was a lovely day as well, so two Ruby’s in two weeks. Sis has baked and decorated a fabulous cake for us, and we have another stunning rose. Little things to enjoy😁

Rufs replied on 15/06/2024 12:34

Posted on 15/06/2024 09:17 by Tinwheeler

Sometimes I find it hard to believe you and I live in the same county.

Btw, £1200 hearing aids are the cheap end of the scale.

Posted on 15/06/2024 12:34

Wow!!! £1200 cheap" note to self look after my ears £70 every 6 months now seems like a great deal

The sun has got its hat on and inbetween watching the trouping of the colour etc, magnificent, have stripped the bed got one wash out on the line and just waiting for second to finish and first lot almost dry, result coolvery windy, round the IOW Yacht race today, many yachts pulled out will pop out later to  take a look

Bakers2 replied on 15/06/2024 12:40

Posted on 15/06/2024 11:56 by Takethedogalong

Oh Bakers, if only we could enjoy it. 40 years in the planning, all we have been through these last seven years with OH’s cancer and HA. But sadly I  get a day off from caring for Mum, and at the moment that is it. But we are seeing some of family as they pop in, if the rain stops might go to a Classic car show, our time will come🤞 Paris Olympics would have been nice, then onto Italy. I dream…………..
We did manage to dodge The Battle of Orgreave 40 years ago, we were on honeymoon while the mayhem was going on, and came back straight into another family wedding, OH’s older sister. That was a lovely day as well, so two Ruby’s in two weeks. Sis has baked and decorated a fabulous cake for us, and we have another stunning rose. Little things to enjoy😁

Posted on 15/06/2024 12:40

Takethedogalong sadly its called life. But yes little pleasures. You sound like you've have a very similar journey to me. Grateful we are still both here to celebrate, daily 😉. Some daysmore grateful than others 🤣. 

Despite thinking about 45th celebrations, I'm counting no chickens.......

Let's hope you can enjoy the day sometimes it's the simple things that are memorable.

Bakers2 replied on 15/06/2024 12:45

Posted on 15/06/2024 10:10 by DavidKlyne

Bakers2

Having lived on a perpetual building site (Milton Keynes) for 45 years I suppose I am just used to new houses being built around us. Its not just within the City boundary on all routes out for probably 20/30 miles. The trouble is we desperately need more houses although one could argue we need more social housing which in itself would probably free up a lot of cheaper properties for sale? Will it happen who knows. I did come across a little fact about how much of England is covered by housing and despite many thinking there won't be any green space left only about 5% of the land mass is taken up by housing so a long way to go!

David

Posted on 15/06/2024 12:45

We certainly do need housing. And yes, decent planning meeting needs. Including infrastructure schools, community buildings, doctors, and dentists 🤣🤬. Sufficient hospital beds etc.....

Certainly those being put up might just meet the housing element. As to price, even the affordable, silly and of course the affordable us only buying a bit if the property and renting the rest - never been able to get my head around that....

Bakers2 replied on 15/06/2024 12:48

Posted on 15/06/2024 12:34 by Rufs

Wow!!! £1200 cheap" note to self look after my ears £70 every 6 months now seems like a great deal

The sun has got its hat on and inbetween watching the trouping of the colour etc, magnificent, have stripped the bed got one wash out on the line and just waiting for second to finish and first lot almost dry, result coolvery windy, round the IOW Yacht race today, many yachts pulled out will pop out later to  take a look

Posted on 15/06/2024 12:48

Yes £2k for OH's. They sit in their charger 🤬

You sent the rain up - thank you. Please send the sun poste haste!

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook