What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

Tinwheeler replied on 15/06/2024 13:20

Posted on 15/06/2024 12:48 by Bakers2

Yes £2k for OH's. They sit in their charger 🤬

You sent the rain up - thank you. Please send the sun poste haste!

Posted on 15/06/2024 13:20

And £3k for mine. The 'free' NHS ones were far inferior.

Wherenext replied on 15/06/2024 13:29

Posted on 15/06/2024 13:29

Thought I might catch up on sleep that has eluded me these last few nights as various problems kept occurring during the day and we all know what happens  when you wake up at 3am thinking of these things. BUT, I didn't, mainly because I got a phone call from my brother in France whilst he was waiting for the ambulance to take him into hospital late last night. Just the 10 minute wait so I was left with half a story. 

Wasn't what he thought judging by email but it might be worse! It's very apt that it is pouring down at the moment.

We missed out on our 45th.this year. Had tentavily planned something but OH spent it tending to her mother, amongst other things. Not quite what she had in mind. All in a days work.

Enjoy your day Ttda. Best wishes to both of you.

MikeyA replied on 15/06/2024 13:37

Posted on 15/06/2024 13:20 by Tinwheeler

And £3k for mine. The 'free' NHS ones were far inferior.

Posted on 15/06/2024 13:37

The NHS ones are improving all the time. My current ones are of the bluetooth variety and they seem to be replaced every 3 years. The next ones might allow instant translation of foreign languages!!

Regarding wax removal, most people around here believe it is no longer provided by the NHS but it is. You just have to ring the correct people to book an appointment.

Takethedogalong replied on 15/06/2024 14:21

Posted on 15/06/2024 13:29 by Wherenext

Thought I might catch up on sleep that has eluded me these last few nights as various problems kept occurring during the day and we all know what happens  when you wake up at 3am thinking of these things. BUT, I didn't, mainly because I got a phone call from my brother in France whilst he was waiting for the ambulance to take him into hospital late last night. Just the 10 minute wait so I was left with half a story. 

Wasn't what he thought judging by email but it might be worse! It's very apt that it is pouring down at the moment.

We missed out on our 45th.this year. Had tentavily planned something but OH spent it tending to her mother, amongst other things. Not quite what she had in mind. All in a days work.

Enjoy your day Ttda. Best wishes to both of you.

Posted on 15/06/2024 14:21

Thank you, yes, we have learned just to chill. Hope your brother is ok. This weather hasn’t got us pining to be out in MH, very different from our wedding day. That was red hot and sunny, we had a tremendous thunderstorm in the evening that freshened everything up. 😁

Tinwheeler replied on 15/06/2024 14:25

Posted on 15/06/2024 13:37 by MikeyA

The NHS ones are improving all the time. My current ones are of the bluetooth variety and they seem to be replaced every 3 years. The next ones might allow instant translation of foreign languages!!

Regarding wax removal, most people around here believe it is no longer provided by the NHS but it is. You just have to ring the correct people to book an appointment.

Posted on 15/06/2024 14:25

It’s a postcode lottery. Some areas prescribe decent HAs as you describe, others don’t.

Rufs replied on 15/06/2024 15:02

Posted on 15/06/2024 15:02

"You sent the rain up - thank you. Please send the sun poste haste!"

sorry was too busy doing the ironing, something i said i would never do again when i left the navy in 1972, but hey ho it has to be done, OH impressed, bed stripped and i mean stripped, all washed, dried, ironed and put away in a record 5 hours, i think i deserve a beer, but will put my tin hat on first  laughingFathers day tomorrow son in law doing a BBQ down the beach house so a day off, lets hope the sunshines, blooming cold today in the windlaughing

DavidKlyne replied on 15/06/2024 15:34

Posted on 15/06/2024 12:45 by Bakers2

We certainly do need housing. And yes, decent planning meeting needs. Including infrastructure schools, community buildings, doctors, and dentists 🤣🤬. Sufficient hospital beds etc.....

Certainly those being put up might just meet the housing element. As to price, even the affordable, silly and of course the affordable us only buying a bit if the property and renting the rest - never been able to get my head around that....

Posted on 15/06/2024 15:34

Shared Ownership? Given that mortgages are based on an earning ratio it is often not possible for youngsters to meet the income requirement. Maybe it was a bit of a fiddle but if you are only getting a mortgage of say 30% of the value its easier to meet those requirements. As you earn more you can buy further shares. There are quite a few downsides as well. Going back to the eighties it was very popular in MK and helped thousands to get on the property owning ladder but that was when property prices were more realistic. Funnily enough Margaret's mum and dad purchased a McCarthy Stone retirement flat on a shared ownership basis but the difference being they didn't pay rent on the 20% they didn't own but when it was sold obviously McCarthy Stone took their share. Perhaps a model future Governments could consider but of course it would add to debt. It seems clear to me that many people are paying as much if not more in rent than they would in a mortgage so perhaps what is required are no deposit mortgages for first time buyers? 

David

moulesy replied on 15/06/2024 16:01

Posted on 14/06/2024 20:22 by eurortraveller

Phoned GP surgery to report problem, nurse replied same day, gave me an NHS referral with on line choice of places to go, chose Specsavers in local town, appointment made in 5 days, hearing test done and ear wax sucked out, fresh appointment made for hearing aids, £1200 of technology now in my ears. All prompt, .All efficient. All free of charge. 

Posted on 15/06/2024 16:01

Wow, you're lucky! We've had strict instructions not to ring our surgery for advice or appointments. yell Instead we have to fill in an online form describing our problem/symptoms and wait for someone to ring us to discuss it - 3 days later when Mrs M tried to use the system earlier this year. And, if you're unlucky (i.e. trying to do it after about 10am)  the minute you try to fill in the form you get a message saying "sorry, we have filled our capacity for new enquiries today, please try again tomorrow!

I did approach our MP about this, but since she's decided to jump ship for a safer constituency I don't expect to hear anything back. yell

KjellNN replied on 15/06/2024 19:15

Posted on 15/06/2024 19:15

We, well I anyway, had a busy day yesterday.  We loaded up tables and chairs for the sale, were down at DD’s just after 10 to do some packaging of the baking, I had quick trip to Lidl and Morrisons for a couple of items, then picked up Nathan.   

After a quick lunch we went to get set up at the designated point just inside the school gates, and await the arrival of the customers.  The parents picking up children were good at queueing, but when the senior pupils came out at 3.45, things got a bit unruly!

However we sold almost everything, and later DD sold the rest to Mums who had been unable to make it in the afternoon, so £276 was raised.   We were all pretty worn out afterwards, so an early night was needed.

Today OH has spent ages washing all the baking stuff we had no time for on Thursday evening, and getting the kitchen back to normal, we watched a bit of the trooping of the colour, and later I finally removed the broken wheel spat from the caravan in the hope I may get the new one fitted before we go on holiday.

Need to start thinking about clothes and packing soon.

nelliethehooker replied on 15/06/2024 21:20

Posted on 14/06/2024 23:22 by Takethedogalong

I take it Threave Castle is still not open yet Nellie? Did you see the wild goats that live not far from Clatteringshaws Reservoir as well? We loved our tour up up there, so much to see.

Its our 40th Wedding Anniversary this week. 

Posted on 15/06/2024 21:20

The castle is not yet open but they are definitely getting it ready for access as there were quite a number of guys and gals working over on the island. We didn't venture beyond the Reservoir as it was such a wet day.

All the best for your anniversary, have you anything special planned?

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook