What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

nelliethehooker replied on 15/06/2024 21:42

Posted on 15/06/2024 21:42

A rather mixed day with the weather, as it was raining when we got up and much of the time while we were packing up to leave the site. It was dry and sunny when we arrived at the THS, but we have had more rain and a very loud clap of thunder this afternoon. The rally is on a field adjacent to a new small commercial site, and I will post its details in the appropriate section tomorrow hopefully. Although the THS is run by a Scottish Motor Caravan Section there are only 3 out of 8 units on site that are M/Hs including the rally steward's. Grand mowed dog walk all round the rally field.

Takethedogalong replied on 15/06/2024 21:46

Posted on 15/06/2024 21:46

No, not on the day Nellie. We enjoyed our afternoon tea on the steam train last week, and will look at break once the weather picks up, most likely Northumberland area, so I can commute via trains. Have to see. 

DEBSC replied on 16/06/2024 09:22

Posted on 16/06/2024 09:22

A couple of days relaxing at the caravan planned to break up the journey after our really lovely but a bit tiring holiday, and to get ready for going home as we know a busy time with booked appointments and planned work. Yesterday our Son phoned and asked if he, his wife and the 3 grown up grandkids + dog, could visit us here for Father’s Day. Lovely thought. I suggested going out but he said difficult with the pooch and Fathers Day so he asked if we could do a BBQ, so yesterday a dash to the supermarket and now about to prepare side dishes for the BBQ, so much for a relaxing weekend. But not moaning it will be lovely to see them all, just back to normal sooner than expected, please don’t let it rain, it has hammered down all night. I can pack and tidy up while OH watches the football tonight. 😁 

Francis replied on 16/06/2024 18:41

Posted on 16/06/2024 18:41

Good day today up early and away across to Dunfermline in my classic Merc weather not great so couldn’t get the roof down but excellent show lots of great cars on display and a good museum on site. Not long home Merc washed dried and back in it’s garage until next time.

Hope everyone else has had a nice weekend 

DEBSC replied on 16/06/2024 19:00

Posted on 16/06/2024 19:00

It didn’t rain, son and family came and we did a BBQ. Nice to see them all. A rather fraught, worrying day though as we got a phone call early this morning from our daughter to say that our poorly granddaughter had been rushed into hospital again on Saturday evening, all rather sudden and scary apparently. I’ve just spoken to her and she says she is ok, lots of medication pumped into her etc. They are keeping her in for the present to observe her. Her illness could have just given her a break for that day as it was her 20th birthday. She said that she’d had a nice day up until that moment, but that it wasn’t a good start to her 20s. Her younger sister, there is 11 months between them, was sitting with her when I spoke to them, trying to keep her spirits up. Very proud of them both. We are going home tomorrow to help out where we can.

DEBSC replied on 16/06/2024 19:25

Posted on 16/06/2024 19:25

See above. I did have to smile though. Apparently her cheeky little sister, 10, spoke to her on the phone today and asked that if she lit the candles on the birthday cake and sang happy birthday over the phone could she then have a piece of birthday cake! She was told in no uncertain terms by the birthday girl that she must wait as when out of hospital she still wanted the full on candles and singing by the family that she had missed out on due to being rushed away in the ambulance.

Wherenext replied on 16/06/2024 19:47

Posted on 16/06/2024 19:47

Must be tough to take for you and your other half Debsc. Best wishes.

Any photos to share Francis?

Actually had a decent day weather wise. Phone call with brother to see what's what. More appointments and tests.

nelliethehooker replied on 16/06/2024 21:35

Posted on 16/06/2024 21:35

Another day of sunshine and rain. The morning was dry and we returned to The Crichton for a walk around the grounds. The gardens are always worth a visit and many of the trees were in full bloom. Those that particularly caught our eye were a Mountain Laurel and the white Chinese Dogwood (Cornus Kouga). After lunch and a bit of shopping  we visited Lincluden Collegiate Church, a rather dilapidated ruin but interesting just the same. It rained  during the afternoon but had cleared up nicely now. 

nelliethehooker replied on 16/06/2024 21:43

Posted on 16/06/2024 21:43

Sorry to hear that your granddaughter has been taken into hospital again, Debs, and hope that she is soon back out again. What a way to spend a birthday!! Glad that the weather was good enough for you to enjoy a BBQ with your son and family. Have a safe drive back home.

WN, hope that your brother is not too poorly and that the tests can sort out the cause of his illness. 

Bakers2 replied on 17/06/2024 08:57

Posted on 17/06/2024 08:57

DEBSC sorry to read about your granddaughter being I hospital again. She's certainly one tough cookie. Hope she's back to her best self soon.

Glad you had a nice family  BBQ even if it wasn't relaxing, great to all be together. Safe travels home.

Wherenext I hope you've established your brothers situation after that first phone call and the tests can offer a solution.

Breakfasting with the sun streaming in through the patio doors. 'Admiring' my darling grandson's 'help'. He was standing at them and I asked what he'd seen in the garden. "Grandma I'm cleaning the door with my tongue" 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

I'm torn between cleaning it or just smiling at the memory. Now, if it had been his dad who'd done that years ago I'm certain my reaction wouldn't be the same 

We had a completely dry day yesterday. 🤞

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook