What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

DavidKlyne replied on 13/06/2024 08:59

Posted on 13/06/2024 07:15 by richardandros

Thank you all for your birthday wishes - sun's shining this morning here in Norfolk - so it looks like being a lovely day.  I think a BBQ will be happening later along with the odd glass of redsmile

Amongst other things, Ros has bought me a big box of jigsaw puzzles - 3 x 1000 pieces.  I know there are some jigsaw aficionados on here (David K?) but I've never been into them before.  These look like a bit of a challenge, though - so that will be interesting!!

Richard

Posted on 13/06/2024 08:59

Richard

Jigsaw puzzles can be satisfying and frustrating in equal measures! I tend only to do them during December and January as we were often not away in the van at that time of year but now we no longer have the motorhome I might have to extend the season to cover all the darker months of the year? Someone once gave me a double sided "cat" jigsaw which I found impossible to complete so gave up in the end! Be interesting to know how you get on with your "new hobby" Good Luck.

David

Bakers2 replied on 13/06/2024 09:12

Posted on 13/06/2024 09:12

Milliehull I've found skin so soft works very well. I couldn't believe all the midges on Springwatch. I thought Meggan was brave/stupid to remove her head gear for the filming. Just the look at the cameraman was enough to set me itching. And you could see them dancing about in the air ALL the time.

Richard and David I quite like a jigsaw too. I did a funny Donald Gill cheeky postcard one the day of OH's heart bypass. Certainly kept me occupied and slowed the brain jumping around! Our son has bought us reversible ones,golfballs one side golf tees the other 😱 . Tried one - never again they now go to the charity shop in their wrapping if one comes our way again. Friends do several during the winter, they like the wasjig, where you do it as someones view of the scene.

When the children, should I call them offspring now?, were younger we always had one on the go and everyone would dip in and out. Daughter was dolphin mad, she had a mosaic one of photos to make a dolphin. An entire winter of various cursing 🤬 never completed it.....

Wherenext replied on 13/06/2024 12:11

Posted on 13/06/2024 12:11

Interesting morning. Off to Tesco very early. Left OH throwing ZZZZs at the ceiling. Back for shower then OH decided to try to assimilate MiL back into shopping, as requested by MiL, by taking her down to Tesco to pick up toiletries and bits and pieces.

MiL admitted it took a lot out of her. However the exercise was good as we all now know where we are on the scale of recovery, in other words she won't be going down on her own, but you have to make a start sometime.

We did have a bit of sun first thing but it's now turned to rain. so you can expect it on the east side by late afternoon early evening.

Rufs replied on 13/06/2024 14:25

Posted on 13/06/2024 14:25

What a pair, OH smashes up her wrist and today i was feeling rough pretty much same symptoms as when i had covid jab a few weeks ago, so did test hey presto positive, had 5 jabs and still not immune yell

grey day today so going to have a sleep in the chair and think of all that lovely sunshine

WE MAY get if we are lucky 

Takethedogalong replied on 13/06/2024 14:39

Posted on 13/06/2024 08:44 by milliehull

Glad you are still enjoying your trip nellie. We are off to Norfolk again as we are 'creatures of habit' these days.  We did all our travelling for many years but stay closer to home now. Does 'Skin so Soft' actually work? I have some in the cupboard and as we used it in France and we didn't get bitten I presume it does! We watched Meggan on Springwatch last week and she was covered in the 'little beasties'.

Enjoy your jigsaws richard and also your glass (or two) of red.

Bright and sunny here today but still chilly.

Posted on 13/06/2024 14:39

I get bitten very badly, usually with a really bad reaction, so I live in “skin so soft” during the Summer months, particularly overnight. I have mozzie netting across our bedroom window, use citronella spray, have a plug in bug killer, build up on things with Vit B in them (marmite🤣) and start taking a daily Loratidine tablet. It all helps prevent, and to try and minimise reactions.

OH says I am just too tasty🤣

Hope you enjoy Norfolk, it’s one of our favourite holiday places in UK.

Takethedogalong replied on 13/06/2024 14:44

Posted on 13/06/2024 14:25 by Rufs

What a pair, OH smashes up her wrist and today i was feeling rough pretty much same symptoms as when i had covid jab a few weeks ago, so did test hey presto positive, had 5 jabs and still not immune yell

grey day today so going to have a sleep in the chair and think of all that lovely sunshine

WE MAY get if we are lucky 

Posted on 13/06/2024 14:44

That’s bad luck Rufs. Hospital is where we got our only dose of COVID, when we were helping care for Mum in there. Hope it’s not too bad for you, and you get a positive test asap. Best wishes to your OH as well for a good recovery.

Gorgeous morning here, we had breakfast sat outside. But we are back to thick cloud and cool temps again now. Holding fire on buying a new garden pool for the time being🥶

Your MIL is doing really well WN. 😁👍

Wherenext replied on 13/06/2024 15:35

Posted on 13/06/2024 15:35

We were staying at the clubs Kendal site one year and OH met a woman who had been attacked by a swarm of midges, they never travel solo. Her face was a real mess and she explained that they were on a site (forget which one) in Scotland and someone shouted run. Unfortunately for her she couldn't get to her caravan quick enough. The result was a week in hospital due to the severity of her attack. She'd only just come out and was on her way home. Never to visit Scotland again, or so she said.

Watch out for number 3 Rufs.

Hard rain at present, windy as well. It was warmer in March!

Bakers2 replied on 13/06/2024 15:48

Posted on 13/06/2024 15:48

Hard rain at present, windy as well. It was warmer in March!

wherenext you're not wrong there! No frosts apparently in March April and May making it the warmest spring recorded. Cos night temperatures didn't drop. Can't say I recall it being 'warm'....... So far this week we've had a couple of air/grass frosts and have had to cover tender plants several times in June.

Not raining here - yet. But breezy and chilly. I foolishly walked the dog whilst I was wearing shorts. Despite pottering around I ended up putting the heating on and have had a bath to warm up!

Oh Rufus, bad luck. Go break a match. Do as your body guides you and hopefully it won't hit you too hard.

I keep our fingers crossed here, haven't chased OH latest jab as op awaited. Still unsure about chasing just hope op comes first. I must say he doesn't go to crowded places, if I can get him out! I still follow the protocol but don't always cover my face. 

Stay warm folks. You can now burn a manifesto to assist now 😉

Takethedogalong replied on 13/06/2024 16:29

Posted on 13/06/2024 16:29

Stay warm folks. You can now burn a manifesto to assist now 😉

Love it🤣🤣🤣

Oneputt replied on 13/06/2024 16:57

Posted on 13/06/2024 16:57

I spent the morning sorting out the van for my trip starting Monday.  Off to Wales first to try and get some luck at the Max Loop.  Following that will spend 5 days in Hampshire visiting my Brother.  With luck might get some decent weather 

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook