What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

Bakers2 replied on 02/06/2024 16:53

Posted on 02/06/2024 16:53

Well, what can I say?

It's been sunny all day 😎 🌞

Walked the dog, very pleasant.

Went to son's house and helped garden for 4 hours. Don't have much of my own to do 🀣🀣. We were provided with lunch before coming home.

Executive decision, I had planned to garden at home. All badly neglected due to the recent weather. Friday I did manage to pull out spent forget me nots from the back garden on Friday, filled a garden bin 🫣 so I was going to continue the good work. However the weather was not to be wasted, just in case it doesn't last? Afternoon spent on the sun loungers, head in the shade and legs in the sun. Bliss. 

Now contemplating shifting to get dinner...... We might eat much later this evening πŸ˜‚.  This weather must not be wasted....

DavidKlyne replied on 02/06/2024 17:46

Posted on 02/06/2024 17:46

We certainly have some mad weather! Yesterday the heating came on at one point and it was only set at 19.5 degrees and today we had lunch in the garden!

David

Bakers2 replied on 02/06/2024 17:52

Posted on 02/06/2024 17:46 by DavidKlyne

We certainly have some mad weather! Yesterday the heating came on at one point and it was only set at 19.5 degrees and today we had lunch in the garden!

David

Posted on 02/06/2024 17:52

A fellow sufferer! Our heating set at 19.5c was on all day yesterday and Friday.  Was off prior to then whilst work going on. 

Had to seek shade to today 🀣

milliehull replied on 02/06/2024 18:21

Posted on 02/06/2024 18:21

Our heating is now set to 18c and still.came on briefly first thing! We have spent a lovely afternoon in the garden firstly cutting the grass (OH 😁) and doing some cutting back and then sitting on the swing seat with a cup of tea admiring our work😊 It has now clouded over and the sun has gone in.

Sorry to hear about your OH's cancelled appt Bakers. There is a doctors' strike now planned for the end of the month. I wonder if that was the reason?

I hope you enjoy your night away WN although I expect your OH will worry most of the time. I do admire your MIL's pluck and determination.

Bakers2 replied on 02/06/2024 19:18

Posted on 02/06/2024 19:18

It clouded over much here, I fear it was my boasting about it! Clearing a little here 🀞

nelliethehooker replied on 02/06/2024 21:39

Posted on 02/06/2024 21:39

It started out fine and sunny again today but the cloud slowly built up, stayed warm though all day. We went for a 3 ml walk around Gartmorn Dam, and passed The Woods caravan site on the way there. It is funny, when one is not familiar with an area, how one imagines where a place might be from the description in the handbook when It is in fact miles away from it's actual location, as it was with The Woods. As tonight is the last night of the THA there are only 6 units, plus the Stewards vans, on site.

Francis replied on 03/06/2024 00:21

Posted on 03/06/2024 00:21

We were at The Woods last week Nellie have been a few times as it’s not far from home it’s a nice site with great views from some of the pitches the bar/restaurant on site is good too but can be a bit pricey

Wherenext replied on 03/06/2024 15:35

Posted on 03/06/2024 15:35

Happy World Bicycle Day to all fellow Velocepedists.🚴🏻‍β™‚οΈπŸš΄πŸ»‍♂️ I include myself as an interloper.

It was mizzling first thing this morning when I went out. As an aside it just goes to show the difference 1 letter can make to a word. Predictive text wanted to change the "M" in mizzling to an "S". Not quite accurate. So after finishing the food shopping we all sat down to a 62 question questionnaire on MiLs current state. Some of the questions are so ambiguous that they really should have been audited before being included. Taken the best part of 3 hours to reach a consensus. Good job we left it to a miserable day.

Stopped raining now so the ladies have gone out for a stroll.

milliehull replied on 03/06/2024 16:14

Posted on 03/06/2024 16:14

It's Volunteers Week this week so a shout out to all those of us who volunteer in whatever capacity. The Cathedral have sent all of us a lovely video of the staff giving us a 'thank you' which is much appreciated.

It's a grey day here today but not as cold as last week  and no wind. I have put the washing on the line but it is just hanging there so I don't think it is drying much. 'Not much dry in the air today' as my Mum would have said.

Off the Cambridge tomorrow for OH's check up after his back op just before Christmas and next week he has a Pacemaker check so hopefully fully MOT'd before we go away to Norfolk.

WN I remember having to fill in a similar form for MIL some years ago. We actually sat up until the small hours as we felt if we left it we would lose our train of thought. I am sure not everyone can cope with all these complicated forms.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook