What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

nelliethehooker replied on 01/06/2024 21:07

Posted on 01/06/2024 21:07

Another beautiful day today, even warmer than yesterday, and it is still 18c outside at the moment with a cloudless sky! We visited the Bannockburn Battle Field NT centre today and took in the illustrated and interactive tour. Very interesting  but not as impressive as the one at Culloden. There has been little change on the numbers on the THS, with no more than 18 units at the most. Photos are the view from the van, Dunblane Cathedral yesterday and one from today.

nelliethehooker replied on 01/06/2024 21:32

Posted on 01/06/2024 21:32

Good to read that you had a grand trip, micky, safe journey home.

B2, sorry to hear that your OH's op has been postponed, fingers crossed that the delay is not too long.

Hope all goes will with your trip away, WN, and that your MIL has no problems at home.

Tda, Enjoy your next outing and the train trip too. It certainly sounds as if you both have been busy getting the M/H ready for it.

Bakers2 replied on 02/06/2024 07:26

Posted on 02/06/2024 07:26

I'm posting out of excitement and fear......

We've woken to a sky colour I believe is called blue. There's a large bright object there too. I'm only seeing grey if I block the bright thing. This grey appears is shapes of the object blocking the bright thing.

Please confirm the world is safe.....

Rufs replied on 02/06/2024 08:01

Posted on 02/06/2024 07:26 by Bakers2

I'm posting out of excitement and fear......

We've woken to a sky colour I believe is called blue. There's a large bright object there too. I'm only seeing grey if I block the bright thing. This grey appears is shapes of the object blocking the bright thing.

Please confirm the world is safe.....

Posted on 02/06/2024 08:01

Its ok it is the sun, we have had buckets full of it for the last 5 days, just been out on my bike, the IOW is sat there looking like a Greek island with the S0olent shimmering in the sun, took this 5 mins ago in the back garden, everywhere is looking really good, any ideas on this yellow tree, something else i inherited when we moved in ?

Bakers2 replied on 02/06/2024 08:14

Posted on 01/06/2024 21:32 by nelliethehooker

Good to read that you had a grand trip, micky, safe journey home.

B2, sorry to hear that your OH's op has been postponed, fingers crossed that the delay is not too long.

Hope all goes will with your trip away, WN, and that your MIL has no problems at home.

Tda, Enjoy your next outing and the train trip too. It certainly sounds as if you both have been busy getting the M/H ready for it.

Posted on 02/06/2024 08:14

Thank you Nellie. We hope so too. Good job no real plans made for later in the year.

Just need to cancel the dentist appointment for x weeks after lump and teeth removal. Seems worse as text on the Tuesday confirming, I assume automatic?, and letter received Friday cancelling for unforseen circumstances.  Fingers crossed it won't be much longer. Going private isn't an option, we've enquired, blood thinners and heart issues put them off, no emergency cover. They won't even give you a chance to pay. Our NHS offers wonderful service - just a shame its going through such difficulties. 

Bakers2 replied on 02/06/2024 08:20

Posted on 02/06/2024 08:01 by Rufs

Its ok it is the sun, we have had buckets full of it for the last 5 days, just been out on my bike, the IOW is sat there looking like a Greek island with the S0olent shimmering in the sun, took this 5 mins ago in the back garden, everywhere is looking really good, any ideas on this yellow tree, something else i inherited when we moved in ?

Posted on 02/06/2024 08:20

Rufus please don't swear and upset me. I presumed everyone was suffering grey, dull, cold, breezy with us......... 😂😂

Difficult to tell but I'd expect your tree is a maple. Many colours in spring and beautiful autumn colour. Can you photograph a leaf? You 'inherited' a much nicer garden when you moved than we did.....

Wherenext replied on 02/06/2024 11:43

Posted on 02/06/2024 11:43

Rufs - OH uses an app when she comes across something not known to her.

Here

Sorry to tell you B2 but wall to wall sunshine this morning. Just had 2 hours gardening and back aching so that's it for today. Ladies disappeared to have a coffee with a view overlooking the Clwydian Hills. Very quiet here.laughing

Tammygirl replied on 02/06/2024 12:09

Posted on 02/06/2024 12:09

Hi, just looked in for the first time since we left home mid April. 

We didn't go to Italy as planned but ended up in Spain. The weather on arrival in France was awful, it was freezing in the Alsace and snowing in Switzerland. Heavy rain around the Italian lakes so we once again switched plans and headed for the sun.

We had a lovely few werks in Spain then came back north to meet up with pals near Agde for a week. The weather was fine low 20s with some cloud. Not as good as last year and previous years but we enjoyed it. We then headed east to the Provence and up into the Alps. The Gorge du Verdun was stunning as was the following days just drifting around the alps.

We then came north to one of our favourite sites near Belley to find it's no longer a touring site but all mobile homes 😡 this is happening more and more.

We are now between Macon and Bourg en Bresse. We have been dodging the rain since coming down from the Alps where we had perfect weather.

Our pals have been less fortunate than ourselves and only had decent weather the week we spent together in Southern France. The forecast though is for it to get better next week. From what we have heard from other travellers it's been cold, wet and miserable all over Northern Europe.

I think parts of the UK have seen better weather than most of France. It's wet today but we are on a lovely quiet country site where we can see the river and hear the blackbirds singing it's not that bad. Moving north slowly waiting for it to clear. We've only had 1 full day of rain so far, although we have had rain on and off at nights.

I haven't read all the posts yet as I must watch my data allowance. I hope everyone is well and no disasters have befallen you. Take care all. 

RedKite replied on 02/06/2024 14:55

Posted on 02/06/2024 14:55

At last some photos of the UK holiday last month, these are of Ripple Church and it is where my mother was born but not baptise here, a lovely vaulted ceiling and the stained windows.

Will do another five photos later.

RedKite replied on 02/06/2024 15:10

Posted on 02/06/2024 15:10

Some more photos 1st Malvern Priory we used to live near this when we first got married in a works flat and had lovely views and we used to listen to the bells of the Priory, next Upton Tower Upton upon Severn then a view from the cottage of the Malvern Hills I did take a lot more of the hills and the cottage we stayed in and lastly one of the flower arrangements at the RHS  show I went to and great weather whilst there just like a summers day.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook