What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

Wherenext replied on 30/05/2024 10:50

Posted on 30/05/2024 10:50

You are so right about H&S Micky. The term has been hijacked for excuses not to do things that most people wouldn't think twice about. No Conkers for example. H&S needs some good PR. Good that you found the programme cathartic.

We had our first shingles jabs yesterday and whilst at the surgery OH took the opportunity of asking for follow up on her emergency hospital visit. She quite quickly received an appointment for lunchtime and even had a follow up by a GP later in the afternoon. Her readings are coming down daily.

We both had reactions to the shingle jab, nothing serious but uncomfortable at the time.

Thank you DEBSC. You've not exactly been free from health scares yourselves plus the family. We just carry on as best we can as we can.

Takethedogalong replied on 30/05/2024 10:51

Posted on 30/05/2024 10:51

I can recall Flixborough, we aren’t that far away as the crow flies. Terrible for all those involved, and as you say Micky, huge wake up call around H&S.

Different anniversary, but none the less life changing for many. 40 years since the Miners Strike. Lots of local events happening. Our niece is involved in gathering stories for our local Museum around recollections of how folks were affected, what they witnessed, how they coped, (or didn’t) at the time. We got married in the midst of it, so away from home at the time of Orgreave. I did have a couple of relatives who worked at local mines. You couldn’t move for police from all over the country at this time 40 years ago. 

Takethedogalong replied on 30/05/2024 11:28

Posted on 30/05/2024 11:28

Good to hear Mrs WN is responding well to meds, a bit of a scare for you all though🫣

nelliethehooker replied on 30/05/2024 21:25

Posted on 30/05/2024 21:25

A very interesting listen to micky, such a sorry occurrence but one from which much good practice has developed. Living on the other side of the country we didn't know of anyone affected by it.

Good to hear that your OH 's BP is starting to return to normal, WN. Hope you both have a more comfortable night without any more adverse reactions to your shingles jabs.

Thankfully the weather was much better this morning, fine and sunny although rather windy. OH  did another round of washing before we packed up and left the site. Arrived at THS just after noon and the first job after setting up was to get the washing out to dry. All was ready to take in dry by mid afternoon. Site is huge, with just 15 units on tonight and more caravans compared to M/Hs this time. Grand views from the van of both The Wallace Memorial and Stirling Castle.

richardandros replied on 31/05/2024 11:34

Posted on 31/05/2024 11:34

Well - no one seems to have told East Yorkshire about global warming!  1st June tomorrow and I've just lit the wood-burner!!!  It's bitterly cold - half a gale blowing in from the sea and although it's just starting to brighten up now, the rain was lashing down first thing. Hope this weather improves before we go away again in 10 days time.  

I'm now going to await the reports from everyone else, telling me they're basking in glorious sunshinecool

Rufs replied on 31/05/2024 11:38

Posted on 31/05/2024 11:38

Cant believe it is almost 2 weeks since we returned from our stay in Cornwall, our weather has been mixed with some glorious days and some not so glorious. We attended the fish and chips lunch in the wheelhouse on the beach provided by the Stroke club , F&C provided by local chippy and jolly fine it was came nicely presented in cardboard boxes and it was good and hot, and then we topped it off with trifle cool

done quite a bit of cycling but not ventured into the Solent, i didnt mind the Atlantic at 10 degs and nice and clear, but the Solent at 10 degs and it looks quite murky if the sea is rough due to a very sandy bottom.

Not sure what our plans are going forward, we have booked our usual September away in Tavistock and our Spanish daughter is coming home at the end of June for a few weeks and August never really appeals to us, far to busy.

Garden looking good, this is our beehive, does anybody know what shrub this is?, it has been in flower for almost 2 weeks now, the bees really love it , fortunately it is at the side of the garden well away from the patio area etc, so they can do whatever it is they do at their leisure.

trellis replied on 31/05/2024 11:50

Posted on 31/05/2024 11:34 by richardandros

Well - no one seems to have told East Yorkshire about global warming!  1st June tomorrow and I've just lit the wood-burner!!!  It's bitterly cold - half a gale blowing in from the sea and although it's just starting to brighten up now, the rain was lashing down first thing. Hope this weather improves before we go away again in 10 days time.  

I'm now going to await the reports from everyone else, telling me they're basking in glorious sunshinecool

Posted on 31/05/2024 11:50

Nothing positive from SE Kent. Cold , wet  , blowy and miserable. Having just returned from 2 weeks in the Canaries  not impressed.☹️.

Rufs replied on 31/05/2024 12:00

Posted on 31/05/2024 12:00

"I'm now going to await the reports from everyone else, telling me they're basking in glorious sunshine"

was in Stubbers until about 1 hours ago, now a bit cloudy, but not cold, have had the conservatory doors open since 0730 hrs this morning, and 2 loads of washing out on the line, just waiting for the window man to come and replace 2 windows that have condensation between the panes, typical just out of the 10 year guarantee, fortunately they are 2 of the smaller windows so not too expensive, but makes my blood boil, we probably have a further 14+ windows that are at least 14 years old which are ok, you can get the moisture out by inserting some sort of gas but apparently it is only a short term fix.

DSB replied on 31/05/2024 12:02

Posted on 31/05/2024 11:50 by trellis

Nothing positive from SE Kent. Cold , wet  , blowy and miserable. Having just returned from 2 weeks in the Canaries  not impressed.☹️.

Posted on 31/05/2024 12:02

Dull and overcast here in the Midlands at present.  Certainly a 'jumper day'.  Off shopping + Costa in a mo.  Glad you enjoyed the Canaries, trellis.

David

RedKite replied on 31/05/2024 12:14

Posted on 31/05/2024 12:14

Rufs your shrub is a Deutzia double pink and bees do like it.

A dry warmish but a lot of cloud about here but washing is drying and managed to get some more bits of gardening done and a bit more this afternoon.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook