What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

DSB replied on 10/04/2024 22:31

Posted on 08/04/2024 21:18 by nelliethehooker

Good to read that you have been able to let you cows out, Goldie, and I bet that they are pleased to out in the fields too.

Should anyone be in contact with Brue, please will they too pass on my best wishes.

Enjoy your stay at Putts Corner, David, it has been a while since we were last there.

Another day of mixed weather here at home, although the wind has dropped. Unfortunately it rained in the middle of the afternoon which curtailed my usual pre-dinner walk.

Posted on 10/04/2024 22:31

Thanks Nellie.  We've stayed an extra night.... weather was poof this morning, and didn't fancy packing up in the rain.  Forcast is better for tomorrow so we decided to stay.

Enjoy your trip up North.  Do let us know how you're doing.... and fingers crossed that the weather gets a bit brighter...

David

DavidKlyne replied on 11/04/2024 08:51

Posted on 11/04/2024 08:51

Not used to my day starting so early!!!! Just got back from the surgery, Doc sending me for X-rays on both knees to establish what next needs to be done. He also told me I could take the strong pain killers for longer, up to two to three weeks if needed to get rid of a stubborn inflammation. Off to Waitrose soon for the weekly shop.

David

Wherenext replied on 11/04/2024 14:21

Posted on 11/04/2024 14:21

Helen posted this - Went to our retail park today, we are getting a "Go Outdoors " which opens next week, right next to Mountain Warehouse, will be interesting as they sell very similar things. 

You should get some opening bargains Helen. First impressions count for a lot. I presume you have the Go Outdoors members card to get the "discount" i.e. the expected normal price elsewhere.

We took a trip down to the nearest Go Outdoors this morning, an old supermarket near Chester, mainly to get OH a new pair of shoes as her old ones suddenly sprung a leak. She likes Hi-Tec for general wear and they sell them. We took MiL complete with wheelchair  for her first outing since her Stroke. We knew it wouldn't be busy and she loves clothes. Worked out well as she was able to push the chair around.

Also had some good news a couple of days ago as her application for a Blue Badge has been accepted and should be here soon. Physio visits now finished. It helped a lot having them call and also order any equipment needed.

We triusted the call button yesterday for a short walk out together even though it was raining hard. OH needed to get out for her own sanity. No problems.

eurortraveller replied on 11/04/2024 14:31

Posted on 11/04/2024 08:51 by DavidKlyne

Not used to my day starting so early!!!! Just got back from the surgery, Doc sending me for X-rays on both knees to establish what next needs to be done. He also told me I could take the strong pain killers for longer, up to two to three weeks if needed to get rid of a stubborn inflammation. Off to Waitrose soon for the weekly shop.

David

Posted on 11/04/2024 14:31

DK. It sounds as though your Waitrose is nearer than ours. For us it’s a 40 mile round trip - but they send a man with a van for £2  - and this week’s vouchers cover that small cost.. But it must worry the company managers that every delivery slot for Friday, Saturday and Sunday this weekend was available to me today. Is business bad? 

richardandros replied on 11/04/2024 15:45

Posted on 11/04/2024 15:45

Good to hear that you've got the Blue Badge sorted WN - that should make life a lot easier for all of you.

The BBC weather forecast actually materialised today - so took the very muddy awning out into the back garden and gave it a scrub (literally). Fortunately, Thule have had the foresight to make the double mud skirt out of heavy duty PVC, plus the next band up is a material covered with a sort of PVC coating, so the mud came off easily and hasn't left a stain, In fact the awning is looking as good as new (which it nearly is!). Since we have laminate flooring in the hall, it's now spread out in there for the last bit of drying. Quite relieved that there's no lasting damage done.

Just got to tackle the carpet tomorrow!

DavidKlyne replied on 11/04/2024 15:49

Posted on 11/04/2024 14:31 by eurortraveller

DK. It sounds as though your Waitrose is nearer than ours. For us it’s a 40 mile round trip - but they send a man with a van for £2  - and this week’s vouchers cover that small cost.. But it must worry the company managers that every delivery slot for Friday, Saturday and Sunday this weekend was available to me today. Is business bad? 

Posted on 11/04/2024 15:49

ET

The shop is always busy, or so it seems to us. BTW it's only 3 miles from where we live. I imagine most supermarkets that offer a delivery service maxed out their delivery service over Covid and have been adjusting ever since. We had deliveries  for about 15 months but its probably been 18 months since we had the last one. I do see occasionally one of the delivery drivers working in the shop so I suppose there is a degree of flexibility. Obviously Waitrose in MK  just delivers within the City and there are other branches nearby at Leighton Buzzard, Northampton, Towcester, Buckingham and Rushden which I image all have their own delivery service. Obviously where you live the Branch covers a much wider area which might make it more difficult to forecast day to day demand of their delivery services?

David

Wherenext replied on 11/04/2024 16:28

Posted on 11/04/2024 16:28

Thule make great products Richard but they do come at a cost.Our bike carrier is Thule and is the best one we've ever had. Thinking of investing in a Thule tow ball mounted box to put the wheelchair in. Have to get out and about as this is something I want to actually see before buying it, if we do.

Takethedogalong replied on 11/04/2024 19:10

Posted on 11/04/2024 16:28 by Wherenext

Thule make great products Richard but they do come at a cost.Our bike carrier is Thule and is the best one we've ever had. Thinking of investing in a Thule tow ball mounted box to put the wheelchair in. Have to get out and about as this is something I want to actually see before buying it, if we do.

Posted on 11/04/2024 19:10

We have a Thule tow ball mounted load carrier. Have used it to carry pooches chariot fine. Bad weather we wrap the chariot in a waterproof cover. Good to hear you have both managed some time out together, it’s so difficult. We had a lovely day yesterday exploring the Howden, Derwent and Ladybower dams. By car though mainly, weather was dreadful. Spectacular overflow down the Derwent face.

Wherenext replied on 11/04/2024 21:11

Posted on 11/04/2024 21:11

Hi Ttda.

Any chance of spec for it, dimensions and weight load? Appreciate it if you could. Piccy would be good as well.laughing

We'll probably get out for an hour tomorrow together as there are 2 friends due for visiting you know who in afternoon. Wish my social diary was as busy as hers.laughing

Takethedogalong replied on 12/04/2024 10:32

Posted on 11/04/2024 21:11 by Wherenext

Hi Ttda.

Any chance of spec for it, dimensions and weight load? Appreciate it if you could. Piccy would be good as well.laughing

We'll probably get out for an hour tomorrow together as there are 2 friends due for visiting you know who in afternoon. Wish my social diary was as busy as hers.laughing

Posted on 12/04/2024 10:32

Will do WN, OH will sort out, take photos, I will email later. 👍I know they are quite flexible to use, he used to clamp a roof bike carrier to it, and carry a bike (non electric), dog chariot and some luggage when we had our short wheel base Jeep, so they will take quite a bit of weight, plus you can get boxes of course. Easier than carrying stuff on roof of Jeep, which is rather high. Easy to fold up and put in back of car as well.

I am having fun painting a pig! A rather lovely present from my sister, a pot piggy bank. 😁

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook