What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

Takethedogalong replied on 13/04/2024 10:04

Posted on 13/04/2024 10:04

Sorry you have had a rough time weatherwise in York K, but at least there is plenty to do and see. Not been quite as bad a bit further South, but still a tad damp. Hope Wales proves a bit better (now that is weather optimism😁)

Nellie good to hear you back out, enjoy D&G, we love it up there. Let us know if Historic Scotland have got their act together yet, and fully re opened their castles etc…. Been three years now since they shut everything. 

Sis and I started sorting out a few of Dad’s things yesterday. There is a treasure trove of local history information, and a tale of one man’s long career in the Iron and Steel Industry. We have decided to get in touch with our local history society, and see if they might be interested in some stuff. Secretary is my old History teacher from school, so he’s a good contact to start with. Dad loved history, spent hours in the local archives. Need to get stuff sorted though, into types of info, photos, documents, books, etc…. Once you start reading, you are drawn in for hours.

DSB replied on 13/04/2024 11:49

Posted on 12/04/2024 22:07 by nelliethehooker

Enjoy your trip up North. Do let us know how you're doing.... and fingers crossed that the weather gets a bit brighter

David, we have been having rather mixed weather!! It rained and blew so much last evening that we lost all Wi-Fi signal!! Having continued for half the night before becoming calmer and it was dry in the morning. We had a couple of walks yesterday in Kissock Forest and at New Abbey before the rain came. Today we had a walk in Dalbeattie Forest before lunch, with the intention of a second one at Kippford after lunch, but wind and rain stopped that and we returned to the forest for our afternoon walk as it was well sheltered there. More heavy rain this afternoon and again in the evening. Hopefully tomorrow will be better.

Enjoy your weekend away, Francis. We will be heading up towards the Ayr coast in a few days time.

Good to read that you have been able to get out for a bit WN, and hopefully the Blue Badge will arrive soon to enable you getting in more trips.

Tda, grand photos from your trip around the Derbyshire reservoirs.

Posted on 13/04/2024 11:49

Sorry to read about the weather, Nellie.  Fingers crossed it will brighten up a bit soon.   Not an area we have been to, to be honest.  We're a bit more familiar with the East/ N East bit of Scotland with the caravan.  When we go towards the west, it tends to be when we travel up to the Outer Hebrides (via the Loch Lomond road, Glencoe, Fort William, Skye).  We must add Ayrshire etc to our list of places to visit with the caravan....  continue to enjoy your break and fingers crossed for the weather....

David

Wherenext replied on 13/04/2024 14:21

Posted on 13/04/2024 14:21

You are right Kj, we have had a lot of rain here in North Wales. Grass has only had 1 cut as its sodden. We might have to borrow a cow as its growing so fast. BTW - the M62 is always busy. 

Good news day as Blue Badge arrived. Not bad service, just 2 full weeks from application to receiving badge.

Nothing much happening. Had a stroll around village together whilst MiL did some exercises sitting down.

Hope the weather improves for those away.

DSB replied on 13/04/2024 14:38

Posted on 12/04/2024 11:42 by richardandros

DSB - David, here's a link to his website.  I think the coating can only be applied to brand new caravans.  Paul's a really nice chap - give him a ring and have a chat with him about what you need doing.  Good luck! (And if you can mention I recommended him - 'Richard from Hornsea' - that might help me in persuading him to come all the way out here again, if I need him in the future!!)

Posted on 13/04/2024 14:38

I'm booked in for the end of April, Richard.  He remembers you.... 'Richard and his lovely Knaus'.... πŸ˜€πŸ˜€

David

richardandros replied on 13/04/2024 15:08

Posted on 13/04/2024 14:38 by DSB

I'm booked in for the end of April, Richard.  He remembers you.... 'Richard and his lovely Knaus'.... πŸ˜€πŸ˜€

David

Posted on 13/04/2024 15:08

Well done David.  I can guarantee you won't be disappointed!

RedKite replied on 13/04/2024 15:33

Posted on 13/04/2024 15:33

Hottest day of the year so far 30C phew very different to last year when it was 13.4C, OH did some mowing of the field yesterday afternoon on the ride on and I did some strimming and more done this morning before it got too hot all done by 12.30 and it looks good then lunch and a short snooze.

Out for lunch with friends tomorrow and sort out their tv and satellite dish as only got about 4 channels good job they do not watch much but now got a mother in law staying for two weeks so she will want to watch tv.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend folks.

HelenandTrevor replied on 14/04/2024 10:43

Posted on 11/04/2024 14:21 by Wherenext

Helen posted this - Went to our retail park today, we are getting a "Go Outdoors " which opens next week, right next to Mountain Warehouse, will be interesting as they sell very similar things. 

You should get some opening bargains Helen. First impressions count for a lot. I presume you have the Go Outdoors members card to get the "discount" i.e. the expected normal price elsewhere.

We took a trip down to the nearest Go Outdoors this morning, an old supermarket near Chester, mainly to get OH a new pair of shoes as her old ones suddenly sprung a leak. She likes Hi-Tec for general wear and they sell them. We took MiL complete with wheelchair  for her first outing since her Stroke. We knew it wouldn't be busy and she loves clothes. Worked out well as she was able to push the chair around.

Also had some good news a couple of days ago as her application for a Blue Badge has been accepted and should be here soon. Physio visits now finished. It helped a lot having them call and also order any equipment needed.

We triusted the call button yesterday for a short walk out together even though it was raining hard. OH needed to get out for her own sanity. No problems.

Posted on 14/04/2024 10:43

Wherenext no we haven't got a discount card yet, our nearest Go Outdoors was a 50 mile round trip so it wasn't worth it, will have to get one if we are to use the new shop, although we do get the discount in Mountain Warehouse πŸ˜‰ 

HelenandTrevor replied on 14/04/2024 11:08

Posted on 14/04/2024 11:08

Yesterday we spent the day in MK babysitting our Grand-daughter while her parent's went out with friends. I'd forgotten just how lively year old 's are, I was worn out at the end of the day. 🀣 Treated ourselves to Fish and chips on the way home.

OH is currently experimenting in the kitchen with a new cake recipe,  hope this one works, his plum loaf was a bit dry.πŸ˜’

Sunny at the moment so will take a few bits to the caravan as we are away for a few days next week, meeting youngest son and his girlfriend, not seen them in person  since new year.

Hope you enjoy your trips, Nellie, Francis and KJ 

Hope everyone has a bit of sunshine 🌞 and has a good day.

Takethedogalong replied on 14/04/2024 12:33

Posted on 14/04/2024 12:33

Nice here H&T, I can almost see and hear the garden sighing with dry relief and bursting into bloom. At home day for me today as still schools not back until next week, so it will be a busy Sunday out. Trip to tip, call in at cousin’s animal charity shop with some old clothes etc.., then we are going to look at an old nursery I have used down the years, that is under new owners. It was very run down on my last visit a year ago, but hopefully has had a new breath of fresh air. It’s in a lovely old walled garden. 

Piggy painting continues, rather good fun. I haven’t done any painting artwork in years, and well out of practice, but it’s not looking too bad. Hats well and truly off to those who wield a brush, etc…. On a regular basis. My hands don’t seem steady enough, and if the hound thunders into the room,and sets the floor shaking, along with OH the air gets a tad blue🀣

We are holidaying around Europe by default. Watching lots of cycle races via Discovery Eurosport, great racing, but the routes and scenery are so interesting. Belgium, Holland, different areas of France and Spain and Italy. Tour of Jura last night. Think it’s back to Holland today. We end up googling and finding out lots of the places of interest they snake through, filing away for future reference. 

Wherenext replied on 14/04/2024 14:12

Posted on 14/04/2024 14:12

Helen - You don't need to "get" a card for `G.O. Just ask for one at the till if you decide to buy anything, pay £5 for the year. We've lost ours but they locate it via postcode etc if need be. Enjoy your trip.

We once had a holiday in the Jura with the caravan Ttda. Lovely mountainous area bordering Switzerland. They have their own wine, vin jaune (yellow wine). Good luck with your painting. OH still not settled into anything big, project wise. She got into a rhythm of doing small still lifes, mainly for practice with tones and seeing what some new to her paints could (or couldn't) achieve. Currently doing a small one of a view from Castlerigg looking down to St.Johns Vale, mainly for the shadows on the rocks and hills. She seems happy enough now as MiL not as time consuming.

The ladies went for a stroll up the close whilst I sorted a border out in the front garden. Saw an ambulance in the close. A dear friend and neighbour found unconscious following an overnight Stroke. One never knows.

Sun still shining at the moment. Having a coffee break before venturing into the wilderness that is our back garden. Wish me luck.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook