What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

DavidKlyne replied on 07/04/2024 23:42

Posted on 07/04/2024 21:06 by DSB

Arrived at Putts Corner for a few days.  Whenever I drive down the M5, I always look out for the River Brue.... reminds me of a regular CT member.... 🙂

David

Posted on 07/04/2024 23:42

David

Always did the same going up and down the M5!!! Not sure what happened with Brue as they seemed to have suddenly sold their motorhome and stopped posting, just hope everything is OK. 

David

Bakers2 replied on 08/04/2024 06:57

Posted on 07/04/2024 23:21 by DSB

I thought I hadn't spotted Brue recently, Millie....  didn't realise she no longer posts.

David

Posted on 08/04/2024 06:57

They sold up and she posted she didn't feel she should any more. I miss her posts.

Bakers2 replied on 08/04/2024 07:08

Posted on 08/04/2024 07:08

Delighted to report we have a great night 😃. He's still sound asleep. I think we'll be a bit later to nursery!

I've done all my 1st jobs now breakfasting.

Nursery maybe later than I fear, got the car seat to fasten 😂😂. No pushchair so a slow walk the 5 or so miles....... Or the push trike! Maybe a day off??

Thank you milliehull. Could be a busy harvest in more than one way! Hope your son and grandson pleased with the result and are home safely. DIL said it was an OK game until the last 10 minutes which were exciting. She was pleased the winner scored by one of their own academy lads.

Beautiful red sky at 0545, didn't last long as its now grey. Wind thankfully has finally dropped. Can't imagine how it was in the west. It is 10c and dry but a shower, very localised to my grassed areas 😉, will be welcome as what were muddy treated areas are now getting dusty

Oneputt replied on 08/04/2024 08:45

Posted on 08/04/2024 08:45

Off to Norwich shortly to visit my brother,  haven’t been to see him for over a week.  Will take Mrs Ones car but doubt we will put the roof down.

We did some work in the garden yesterday, dug the veg patch and planted out the broad beans.  The pond has hundreds of tadpoles swimming around, wonder how many will make it 

DSB replied on 08/04/2024 09:47

Posted on 08/04/2024 06:57 by Bakers2

They sold up and she posted she didn't feel she should any more. I miss her posts.

Posted on 08/04/2024 09:47

What a pity....  the river from the M5 will always be a reminder.  🙂

David

Goldie146 replied on 08/04/2024 10:49

Posted on 08/04/2024 10:49

COWS OUT!

And yes I am shouting. Not the best of winters (one of the worst) - but today is the best day of the year so far!. The milk cows are outside in a field eating grass!

Takethedogalong replied on 08/04/2024 10:57

Posted on 07/04/2024 21:33 by milliehull

Who sadly doesnt post on here anymore 😥

Posted on 08/04/2024 10:57

I miss Brue, a lovely person. Always enjoyed talking to her about gardening, such a wealth of knowledge. If anyone is still in touch, please pass on kind regards.

Not much happening here, other than routine stuff. Busy creating, hoping to get into garden as we are re doing our Sun terrace area. Pooch walking.

Good to hear livestock is out Goldie. Always a nice day when horses could finally go out after Winter, and it’s great watching them skip around. Hope things are going ok for you.

HelenandTrevor replied on 08/04/2024 17:20

Posted on 06/04/2024 21:54 by nelliethehooker

Sorry to read that you are cutting your stay at Malton short, Richard. Have a safe tow home on Monday.

Fingers crossed that your granddaughter is able to return to Uni before term starts, Debs.

It has been fine for most of the day, and although windy at times quite warm with it, however get more rain this evening! Baking day for OH, making cakes, and cooking them in the Airfryer, to take away with us on the next trip. If they taste as good as they looks we might well try some when we are away in the van.

Posted on 08/04/2024 17:20

Nellie,  how do you find the airfryer for baking?  I have a Bake setting but have not tried baking cakes yet. I still use the oven mainly on Sundays when we have the half price electricity.

HelenandTrevor replied on 08/04/2024 17:40

Posted on 08/04/2024 17:40

Good to read your grandson slept well Bakers2, we are babysitting our Grand-daughter over May BH but we are staying over at our sons house, like your grandson she hasn't slept over anywhere different yet.

I also miss Brue's Post's on CT. Wishing her all the best if she ever looks in.

Visited our elderly neighbour in hospital yesterday, she looked really well, but unfortunately her memory is now really bad and they have decided she can't carry on living at home so it looks like she will be going to a care home.

We haven't had much rain although it's been very windy, washing has dried outside. OH is still in the process of cleaning the outside of the caravan, inbetween doing various other jobs he gets roped into doing for neighbours 🙄 

Went to our retail park today, we are getting a "Go Outdoors " which opens next week, right next to Mountain Warehouse, will be interesting as they sell very similar things. 

Good to read the cows are out Goldie they must be very happy after being inside over the winter.

DEBSC replied on 08/04/2024 18:59

Posted on 08/04/2024 18:59

An afternoon in Exeter for us and it chucked it down all the time. We did have a nice lunch in John Lewis and a little shopping done. We took our granddaughter to Exeter station to meet her friend who had travelled there from the midlands, they then went to stay with another friend at her parents house, then they will travel back to uni together. I sort of feel that they have all been staying here as every time I walked into a room it felt as though they were there too, they were on granddaughters phone on snapchat or similar, had to watch what I did and said but lovely to hear them gossiping and giggling, think that keeps granddaughters spirits up. They had a history lesson on Sunday, OH has turned one of our bedrooms into his music room, he and granddaughter were showing them his vinyl collection from the 50s onwards, seems they were impressed. Then they saw a photo in the bedroom of OHs grandad at 18 in army uniform. OH told them that in the 1st world war he was gassed, captured and sent to work in the salt mines by the Germans. This probably actually saved his life though. Again the girls were interested and impressed, nice that the young can take an interest.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook