What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

richardandros replied on 07/04/2024 07:11

Posted on 06/04/2024 15:30 by DavidKlyne

Richard

I am sure putting in hardstandings (whether you love or hate them) is the way to go for CL's especially with the increasing number of motorhomes. Is the CL in easy walking distance of anywhere like a village or bus service?

David

Posted on 07/04/2024 07:11

David - here's a couple of photos from last year - when it was dry! You can see the attraction that the site has - the orchard is lovely and very peaceful and with only 5 vans in 2 acres (with the field next door) there's oodles of space. The original part of the farmhouse dates back to the 15th century.

I don't like hardstandings but, I agree, they are a necessity and, at least, confined to the other field, they're out of sight of the house.

That said, it's not an ideal MH location. Nearest village is about two miles away and all there is, is a pub - but I think that closed recently.  No bus service either but Malton is just over two miles away.

DavidKlyne replied on 07/04/2024 09:25

Posted on 07/04/2024 09:25

Richard

Thanks for the pictures, it does look nice. We have managed to find a few CL's near to things including bus stops but I suppose by their very nature they are few and far between. 

David

Wherenext replied on 07/04/2024 13:12

Posted on 07/04/2024 13:12

David, if you let us know where you are thinking of going,  or would like to go, then the people who use CLs on here might be able to help you with details of things like bus services or distances to shops etc.

Another blustery day. It was warm this morning when the sun was out but squally showers have now taken over.

I'm waiting for a timer to go off. I'm cleaning the extractor panels and also oven cleaning so plenty of elbow grease needed. I find the materials we get from Lakeland to be quite good for these jobs.

I suppose with this southerly wind and storm that there will be a lot of dust covered vehicles and caravans after it's gone.

RedKite replied on 07/04/2024 15:18

Posted on 07/04/2024 15:18

Thanks WN we already have some sand and will get more tonight and tomorrow as more on the way with strong winds and a thunderstorm.

Went to the annual boot sale in our village and very busy not seen so many stalls OH got a bargain a real Maglite torch for 2 euros and it works and now in my car as it is a blue torch almost the same colour as the car.

Weather at the moment is mixed with some sun and grey clouds and muggy so storm on the way.

Housework tomorrow and OH will do more to inside trim around new front door.

Not long now for our trip to UK and looking forward to visiting old haunts around Malvern.

Bakers2 replied on 07/04/2024 16:32

Posted on 07/04/2024 16:32

Well, 2nd day 😱 very breezy day. We did have some drizzle last evening.

Have our grandson for a sleepover 🤞. Mummy at Wembley KO very soon. Grandson wearing his club shirt! Not sure on loyalites son did an internship as wycombe physio!

Son meeting his groomsman to travel to other groomsman, courtesy of staff travel, in Porto. They've been friends literally since they were babies in arms - subsequent children. Son's trip needs to coincide with off days for the pilot and school hols for the teacher! Duty rotas only come out monthly....... I'm happy to help as I don't know when they'll next get together, son and DIL are expecting a baby, hopefully after harvest. If anything gets sown or survives the wet. Our new vicar inducted today so  DIL mum representing is all.....

Grandson and I spent lovely play outside. Had to move the Wendy house as we watched  one section of the roof fly off 😱😱. Thus we weren't overly surprised to watch the dustbin lid lift up and rubbish fly round the garden. Great exercise for a 3 year to collect it up 😂

Hoping we'll get some more rain overnight for our treated grass, but at slight odds 😉 over this with DIL....

We are all prepared for sleepover and nursery run OR to load up the car and get him to his own bed at any stage!

Bakers2 replied on 07/04/2024 20:05

Posted on 07/04/2024 20:05

Happy DIL. Happy me.

Grandson bathed, naughty flannel visited and washed his hair 😉. Lovely reading bedtime books, our children's so nice fuzzy feeling. Left him reading himself. Now sound asleep 😴. 🤞. Bless him He's never had a sleepover anywhere without mum and dad .

milliehull replied on 07/04/2024 20:14

Posted on 07/04/2024 20:14

It has been very windy here the past few days but not as windy as in the west of the country. The BBC  news last night mentioned how windy it was in N. Ireland and specifically mentioned Strangford which is where our son and his family live so we made a quick call. Son said yes it was a 'bit breezy' but they were OK. As well as being windy it has been warm here and quite sunny at times so I got loads of washing dried outside and OH cut the grass which has dried out quite nicely. Lots of people (mostly men) out in shorts and Tshirts!

I joined a Chair Yoga class on Friday which I thoroughly enjoyed. I am hoping it might improve my mobility and balance.

We had new neighbours move in just before we went to NI so I went round to introduce myself yesterday. They are 2 widowed sisters who have decided to sell up their respective houses and move in together. Probably in their 70s. They look quite similar so I am not sure I will remember which one I am speaking to!

Good news about the expected grandchild later in the year bakers2. It sounds as though you are having fun with your grandson. Our local son and 2 grandsons went to the Posh match at Wembley today and have just messaged to say the won 2-1 so great celebrations!

I hope your amazing and plucky grand-daughter manages to get back to Uni DEBSC.

I hope anyone out and about this weekend has stayed safe.

DSB replied on 07/04/2024 21:06

Posted on 07/04/2024 21:06

Arrived at Putts Corner for a few days.  Whenever I drive down the M5, I always look out for the River Brue.... reminds me of a regular CT member.... 🙂

David

milliehull replied on 07/04/2024 21:33

Posted on 07/04/2024 21:06 by DSB

Arrived at Putts Corner for a few days.  Whenever I drive down the M5, I always look out for the River Brue.... reminds me of a regular CT member.... 🙂

David

Posted on 07/04/2024 21:33

Who sadly doesnt post on here anymore 😥

DSB replied on 07/04/2024 23:21

Posted on 07/04/2024 21:33 by milliehull

Who sadly doesnt post on here anymore 😥

Posted on 07/04/2024 23:21

I thought I hadn't spotted Brue recently, Millie....  didn't realise she no longer posts.

David

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook