What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

DSB replied on 24/03/2024 07:43

Posted on 24/03/2024 07:43

Same here David our local dealer doesn't appear to offer this service . I've often thought of getting a professional caravan cleaning company to do it, but I'm always a bit cautious of how they would do the job.  Don't like the idea of a jet wash blowing away all the sealant!  One hears stories of water ingress being caused by 'harsh cleaning methods'.... it' who to trust....   ๐Ÿ™

David

HelenandTrevor replied on 24/03/2024 08:26

Posted on 24/03/2024 08:26

I did speak too soon yesterday, we did have some short sharp showers, we did manage a nice walk across the fields by the canal with Polly and stayed dry. Unlike the washing I pegged out. ๐Ÿ™

Glad you enjoyed your day Millie, hope you have a lovely time  in NI with the family.

Second morning of sunshine today, no plans as yet, although I have a few bits to put back in the caravan. 

I'm impressed Nellie our caravan is lucky to get cleaned twice a year!  OH's motto is why clean it when it'll only get dirty again, I did point out he expects the inside to be cleaned.๐Ÿคฃ

DavidKlyne replied on 24/03/2024 10:00

Posted on 24/03/2024 07:43 by DSB

Same here David our local dealer doesn't appear to offer this service . I've often thought of getting a professional caravan cleaning company to do it, but I'm always a bit cautious of how they would do the job.  Don't like the idea of a jet wash blowing away all the sealant!  One hears stories of water ingress being caused by 'harsh cleaning methods'.... it' who to trust....   ๐Ÿ™

David

Posted on 24/03/2024 10:00

David

There is a company called Tourer Shine who seem to have a good reputation. Its not just a clean they also seal the surface. I am sure they would be happy to answer any questions. I don't think its cheap though?

David 

Takethedogalong replied on 24/03/2024 10:35

Posted on 24/03/2024 10:35

Glorious morning here, but a chill wind. OH at NEC, so it’s just me and the hound, who has gone back to sleep. Day in garden for me, then a bit of craft work. I have thinned a hedge, just need to lower it now, but banned from anything like a ladder๐Ÿคฃ Long handled loppers it is then…….

Francis replied on 24/03/2024 13:04

Posted on 24/03/2024 13:04

We are home after a nice weekend at Ayr Craigie Gardens Club site. Weather hit and miss but glorious sunshine this morning. Easy half hour tow home van back in it’s space as we won’t be away now until the second week of April as we have things on over the next couple of weekends. Still sunny here contemplating getting the BBQ out the garage and cooking on that later first one of the season will see if this sun stays. Might give the car a wash as well

richardandros replied on 24/03/2024 13:25

Posted on 24/03/2024 10:00 by DavidKlyne

David

There is a company called Tourer Shine who seem to have a good reputation. Its not just a clean they also seal the surface. I am sure they would be happy to answer any questions. I don't think its cheap though?

David 

Posted on 24/03/2024 13:25

David - Tourershine is the company that did mine last year and Paul (the owner) did a fantastic job - I did post some pictures on here of his handiwork. Thoroughly professional, although, as you say, not cheap - but well worth it in my opinion.  He's been in the business for 30 years - caravans and auto re-finishing and certainly knows his stuff and gave me some useful tips for maintaining the van in pristine condition. He's based in Leicester but travels all over the country.

Wherenext replied on 24/03/2024 15:57

Posted on 24/03/2024 15:57

I did mention that the garage was a bit of a mess the other day so it's had a complete empty, except for the stuff on shelves, and a thorough sweep out.

It's all the fault of you lot banging on about cleaning caravans as the peer pressure of having a dirty caravan was getting to me.embarassed wink I wanted to find the attachable part of the  roof cleaner as I've got the extendable pole (in the garage). So the garage was turned upside down and lo and behold, we still can't find the blasted thing.yell Good news is the garage is now clean and tidy. It's amazing how many awning bags we still have even though the awnings have long gone.

Fine day here although one of our neighbours was saying that he got quite wet on his bike ride to Cheshire this morning.

Good to read that a few people are out and about.

Oneputt replied on 24/03/2024 15:59

Posted on 24/03/2024 15:59

Going off to Hampshire in the van next Thursday.  As well as spending time with son and family we will be attending sister in laws 75 birthday bash which will be fancy dress themed on cartoon characters when young.  I’ve got my costume completely sorted and Mrs One is putting the finishing touches to hers 

Takethedogalong replied on 24/03/2024 17:24

Posted on 24/03/2024 17:24

Good solid four hours in the garden, nice as the wind died down and the sun stayed out. Looking a lot better now. Good long shower required though, aching a bit. OH has had a good day, decided against an AC Cobra, as couldn’t shoehorn the dog in. He’ll come back with all sorts that he needed hopefully.

Your extension pole will turn up at some point WN, Sod’s law๐Ÿ˜

Party sounds good Oneputt. Fancy dress is always fun. 

Francis replied on 24/03/2024 18:33

Posted on 24/03/2024 18:33

Sorry we forced you in to clearing out the garage WN hehe 

We managed the BBQ tonight glorious sunshine so got it out the garage grabbed a beer and cooked the steaks on it sitting on our deck in the sun first time this year hoping for many more. not much else done since we got back earlier.

Enjoy your trip away OP

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook