What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

DSB replied on 21/03/2024 23:41

Posted on 21/03/2024 23:41

Our local pharmacy was Lloyds, but is now independent.... actually it's much better as an independent.  The trouble with large companies is that they get their stock from 'one scorce', whereas an independent has a bit more freedom.  At one point when we were having problems in getting one particular medication, Lloyds and Boots told us to ask a small independent chemist, who managed to get the tablets for us.  Our 'new' pharmacy is also really efficient.

Well, Nellie.... Daughter Ruth and Son-in-Law Wayne sucessully managed to hand over their old campervan to it's new owners this evening while I was out at Brewood taking my regular Thursday night practice.  Tomorrow, we have to get Wayne to Manchester to catch a plane to Switzerland.  It looks like Ruth will have to borrow the old 'rust bucket' to drive him...  I have my regular Friday commitments, so I'm sure they'll manage it on their own.

The weather hasn't been too bad here today.  Cloudy with some brighter spells, but no rain (thank goodness).  Didn't get chance to get the extra gardening done today, but there will be other days.  Ruth did mention the 'B' word today (barbecue), but I'm not sure it's quite warm enough yet.... 😀

David

vbfg replied on 22/03/2024 13:40

Posted on 21/03/2024 09:33 by DSB

...there are various makes of rotary brushes on Amazon, and as far as I can tell, they all do basically the same job...  the handle system may well be slightly different if you look at a different make.  ??

Apologies, I'm still playing catch up in reading posts this week.  It's been quite busy here.  Carol mum (now in her 90's and who lives around 25 miles away) now requires more visits... she still lives on her own and often needs taking places!  Then, I'm tryng to get to grips with the garden as well as preparing for our visitors - our daughter, son-in-law and 2-yr old..... they're here for 12 days from the Outer Hebrides.....

David

Posted on 22/03/2024 13:40

FAO both yourself and Richard.  Thanks for the info about the above.  

regards Val

DavidKlyne replied on 22/03/2024 16:39

Posted on 22/03/2024 16:39

Just got back from three nights at Ferry Meadows. The site was very busy, no doubt members making use, as we did, of the free night voucher. Clearly a great success giving members a free night, will they do it again? They will probably be crunching the numbers to see if it genuinely got more people on sites at what most would think of as a quiet time of year? An added bonus was that it hasn't been cold and despite the forecast a lot less rain than predicted. Got home about midday and got the motorhome put away in the back garden and then off to Waitrose for the weekly shop, decided to treat ourselves to lunch in the cafe. Just as well they had an offer for a toasty and drink which made it more reasonable. Fourth day running we have had coffee out, if you include Peterborough Services on the way there!

David

Tammygirl replied on 22/03/2024 19:38

Posted on 22/03/2024 19:38

All 4 seasons today here, thankfully the sun shone more than others. Still bitterly cold wind though.

More jobs done sorting out the van. 

Re pharmacies our village one is part of a group but we do very well with them. We did have a period where there was a shortage of something's but they were very good at keeping us in the loop. 

Good to hear your caravan is ok Debs, hope the cold clears up soon. Such a shame for your Granddaughter but good her friends family were helpful.

We didn't take up the clubs offer of a free night, so few sites open up here at this time of year and didn't think it worth going south just for a free night.

Have a good weekend all.

Francis replied on 22/03/2024 20:04

Posted on 22/03/2024 20:04

We are away in the van for the weekend just local but great to be away. Arrived here early afternoon but mix of weather howling gale and rain one minute and sunny the next. No cooking tonight we had dinner from the chippy. Not much planned tonight just drinks and telly in the van.

Hope everyone else has a nice weekend 

nelliethehooker replied on 22/03/2024 21:23

Posted on 22/03/2024 21:23

Glad to read that your daughter and SIL were able to pass on their old M/H as arranged, David. Hope all your trips work out fine.

Enjoy your weekend away, Francis. Fingers crossed for more settled weather for your stay.

It was a fine day here, well for much of it. I was able to get both the outside of the caravan and car cleaned by 2:00, plus two walks with the dog. Then coming back from our post dinner walk this evening Flyte and I got caught, and rather wet, in a shower of rain and hail!! surprised Just goes to show how cold it was and how unpredictable the weather is at the moment.

KjellNN replied on 22/03/2024 22:34

Posted on 22/03/2024 22:34

It has been a busy week, between looking after our Guide Hall and dealing with the caravan and the grandchildren.

We have been having internal wall insulation installed at the Guide Hall, using up most of the reserve funds, and now floor insulation, for which we are getting a 75% grant and a 25% interest free loan.

The wall  insulation is complete, just a few finishing touches to complete, the floor will take another week, and then there is all the red tape and paperwork for OH to deal with.   It is a big responsibility looking after spending so much money, but it was work that badly needed to be done.

The transformation is amazing, the whole place is cosy and heats up quickly now.  As the guy in charge said, it was just a "huge wooden shed" with no insulation in the walls at all.

On Tuesday we took the caravan for its annual service, and today we fetched it home.  Very heavy traffic on both days.   Mostly the  van, now 16, is pretty good, a few highish damp readings, but that should improve over the summer months.  

The main problem is that there is a gas leak somewhere on our Gaslow pipework, so that will keep me busy finding and fixing  the problem.  Plus we are going away soon, so need to get the van cleaned and packed.

Need some decent weather for that, got soaked and frozen getting the van back onto the driveway this afternoon.

HelenandTrevor replied on 23/03/2024 09:35

Posted on 23/03/2024 09:35

Have been catching up, Gosh you lot have certainly been busy, 🤣

Nellie, you put me to shame, I've only just managed to empty the caravan and give it a quick hoover after last weekend's trip. As for the outside  well....that might not get done as we have a few days over Easter booked.

I've been lucky with our pharmacy and I've only once been given half of one set of tablets, which just meant I had to go back a few days later.

My week hasn't been very exciting, just work, although we did venture down to our newly opened B&M store in what was our Homebase, huge shop with large garden centre too, only problem it's 2 floors and at the moment there's no lift!  Knitting project has slowed somewhat, must get on with it. 

We have sunshine 🌞 this morning but it's a very cold wind, have pegged some washing out just keeping fingers crossed the showers stay away.

Have just booked us a few days in South Wales in May, something to look forward too now.

Enjoy the weekend 🙂 

DSB replied on 23/03/2024 10:01

Posted on 23/03/2024 10:01

Putting me to shame too....  Nellie and H&T... 🙂   I always keep the inside of the car and caravan clean, so that's not a problem.  I take the car to the local 'hand' car wash.  However, the outside of the caravan is another matter.  Cleaning the sides are not a major problem, but the roof is another matter...  I really need to get this done.  Might try for the week after Easter if we get a really nice day...

David

Wherenext replied on 23/03/2024 10:53

Posted on 23/03/2024 10:53

Caught in a hailstorm on my morning walk but the wind and sun that followed it dried me off.

We did buy an extendable pole/brush for doing the roof of the caravan but it's lost somewhere in the mess that is the garage. OH and self have promised ourselves to clear it out soon and tidy it up so hopefully the brush will reappear and I'll get the caravan cleaned.

Hope those away have a good weekend.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook