What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

Wherenext replied on 24/03/2024 18:55

Posted on 24/03/2024 15:59 by Oneputt

Going off to Hampshire in the van next Thursday.  As well as spending time with son and family we will be attending sister in laws 75 birthday bash which will be fancy dress themed on cartoon characters when young.  I’ve got my costume completely sorted and Mrs One is putting the finishing touches to hers 

Posted on 24/03/2024 18:55

Dennis the Menace and Minnie the Minx??laughing Enjoy it.

nelliethehooker replied on 24/03/2024 21:54

Posted on 24/03/2024 21:54

I was due to have my MRI Scan at 8:20 this morning but things didn't quite go to plan!! Because, in the dim and distant past, I had tiny metal fragments removed from my eyes while working in the shipyard they would not allow me to have the scan until I had the ok that there were no longer any metal particles in the eye socket. They were worried that the scan, which is magnetic, might move anything which could damage my optical nerve, so I was sent for an x-ray. Being Sunday the radiologist wasn't until late so I was sent home and have to return tomorrow morning to see about getting the scan then if the x-ray is clear.
More disappointing news as well, as we are waiting for a builder to do some work on the sides of our dormers, but the forecast is for wet weather all next week so he phoned to postpone the work until, hopefully, next week. I had move our van next door, as they are away for 10 days, so that it didn't get damaged but will now have to move it back again now and then take it elsewhere when the work starts. These things do come to try us!! yell

Good to read that other have been busy in gardens and garages. Hope your extension turns up soon, WN. It has been dry here all day but not as sunny as some have had, certainly not warm enough to sit outside like you, Francis. Enjoy your fancy dress party, OP.

DSB replied on 24/03/2024 22:58

Posted on 24/03/2024 13:25 by richardandros

David - Tourershine is the company that did mine last year and Paul (the owner) did a fantastic job - I did post some pictures on here of his handiwork. Thoroughly professional, although, as you say, not cheap - but well worth it in my opinion.  He's been in the business for 30 years - caravans and auto re-finishing and certainly knows his stuff and gave me some useful tips for maintaining the van in pristine condition. He's based in Leicester but travels all over the country.

Posted on 24/03/2024 22:58

Thanks DavidK and richardandros.  I'll try and look them up.  Leicester isn't too far away from us...

David

richardandros replied on 25/03/2024 06:19

Posted on 24/03/2024 22:58 by DSB

Thanks DavidK and richardandros.  I'll try and look them up.  Leicester isn't too far away from us...

David

Posted on 25/03/2024 06:19

Found last year's photos, David. I think he made a really good job of it.

Richard

Takethedogalong replied on 25/03/2024 11:49

Posted on 24/03/2024 21:54 by nelliethehooker

I was due to have my MRI Scan at 8:20 this morning but things didn't quite go to plan!! Because, in the dim and distant past, I had tiny metal fragments removed from my eyes while working in the shipyard they would not allow me to have the scan until I had the ok that there were no longer any metal particles in the eye socket. They were worried that the scan, which is magnetic, might move anything which could damage my optical nerve, so I was sent for an x-ray. Being Sunday the radiologist wasn't until late so I was sent home and have to return tomorrow morning to see about getting the scan then if the x-ray is clear.
More disappointing news as well, as we are waiting for a builder to do some work on the sides of our dormers, but the forecast is for wet weather all next week so he phoned to postpone the work until, hopefully, next week. I had move our van next door, as they are away for 10 days, so that it didn't get damaged but will now have to move it back again now and then take it elsewhere when the work starts. These things do come to try us!! yell

Good to read that other have been busy in gardens and garages. Hope your extension turns up soon, WN. It has been dry here all day but not as sunny as some have had, certainly not warm enough to sit outside like you, Francis. Enjoy your fancy dress party, OP.

Posted on 25/03/2024 11:49

😱good job they checked Nellie. Hope things go well and get sorted for you, so you can get out and about again. We are back to showers here today, glad I got a lot of gardening done yesterday.

Counting down to wedding next Sunday now, we will take MH I think, so pooch can come with us, lots of room for him. Otherwise he gets a day with Mum and sister, who will spoil him to bits. Not too far away, some bijoux hotel near Huddersfield, so quite a nice drive, we won’t be going up motorway.

OH came back with some good things from NEC. Autoglym stuff, some new tools, and a brand new tonneau cover for MG at a great price.

Wherenext replied on 25/03/2024 14:04

Posted on 25/03/2024 14:04

Hope matters now sorted for Nellie.

Enjoy the wedding Ttda. Have you finished with making your attire?

"Baby-sitting" this morning as OH had to have a retake of one of her eye tests that she had a while ago. They seem satisfied at the moment.

She called in to buy a birthday card for one of MiLs friends as Mil not quite up to making one at the moment. There was an elderly lady sitting on her "Walker" looking distressed. Everyone in shop ignoring her so OH asked if she needed help. She couldn't get the courage to walk back to her car in the car park about 200 yards away so OH walked with her and put her walker in the car for her. Only takes a moment to imagine one of your own relatives or friends in that position in order to offer a helping hand. 

Visited the tip (see garage clearance yesterday) before visiting the madhouse that was Tesco's. School hols here.

Takethedogalong replied on 25/03/2024 14:34

Posted on 25/03/2024 14:34

Bless your OH WN, that’s just like me. I think if you are with very elderly, vulnerable folks a lot, you develop a sixth sense that something might not be right, and an offer of help if required is good, can make a huge difference if someone is anxious. 👏👏

Just completed my outfit this morning. Only OH to sort out now. He has a lovely tweed suit, just got to decide on a tie, he has pick of my Dad’s wonderful collection. I might make the hound a bow tie…….in tweed. Can’t go wrong really, Tweed, feathers and a Labrador🤣

nelliethehooker replied on 25/03/2024 21:43

Posted on 25/03/2024 21:43

As it turned out we did have rain, heavy at times, for much of the day, so the decision by the builder to postpone the work was fully justified. Just have to hope that next week is better, as forecast.
I eventually had my MRI scan, although after reporting at the x-ray reception on time I had about an hour's wait, as the receptionist sent me to the wrong waiting area!! However it was eventually sorted out and scan completed, so I just have to wait for the results now.

Good work by your OH, WN, and well done on completing the outfit tda, hope you and your OH have a good time next weekend. The caravan looks very smart Richard.

nelliethehooker replied on 26/03/2024 21:59

Posted on 26/03/2024 21:59

A better day weather wise today, dull but warmer and no rain yet. We both had an appointment  this morning at the dentist to have a filling done. 

Where is everyone else? Has everyone had problems with the dreaded "service error" just ask have had this evening?

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook