What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

Bakers2 replied on 22/02/2024 11:18

Posted on 22/02/2024 11:18

Well I moulsey has had a better result from his sunset πŸŒ‡ 

Here we had a bright, dry started.Couple of short showers. Then HEAVY shower. I watched the puddles deepen and join from the car before I headed out when it lessened a bit. By the time I walked back, it was all across the road and quite deep.

Poor garden help, dressed in all in one waterproofs. Is making progress. Block paving has had a de-weed too πŸ˜€. He got the plant in the ground, don't have to worry about watering in! Pruning and clear up as much as possible. Then its putting in the pots of bulbs. The reason i like a border i can reach without standing on the soil. Very pleased with our winter/spring garden. This time last year tge hard landscaping was just about finished 

The 3 cornered leek 😑😑😑has pushed through some new turf but considering the large area infested with the stuff it's not much. We've decided to dig the turf up and dispose, another good pick over 😑.  Then replace the turf when we do the last remaining turf area as soon as frost risk passed. 

🀞it's brightened again and not raining at the moment. 

Last time I trust the red sky at night rhyme....

Hope others aren't suffering in the rain which seems to be countrywide.

vbfg replied on 22/02/2024 11:23

Posted on 22/02/2024 10:48 by heddlo

Apparently supermarket sourdough is not real sourdough, it’s named sourfaux as it has too many other unnecessary ingredients in order to make it last.  I’ve been lucky enough to find a wonderful artisan baker in a local village and their sourdough is far and away so much better than the supermarket stuff, which as you say, I have never found nice.  

Posted on 22/02/2024 11:23

Our really good local bakers, which had been there for many years, was taken over by an unpleasant man who ran it down, then shut it suddenly (something which he is very well known for) and I don't think that we actually have an independent bakers anywhere local now, at all. I know the real sourdough bread is lovely, but they didn't sell it for very long (it was very expensive) and they stopped selling it when it was taken over.  

DSB replied on 22/02/2024 11:45

Posted on 21/02/2024 18:10 by Bakers2

I thought we had a pretty sunset sky, but not as good as yours.

I'm hoping the same as you 🀞 as we have garden help. He doesn't mind working in the rain, monsoons excepted. 

I'm beginning to come out the other side now, thankfully. Still taking it very easy so won't be assisting garden help. Hopefully the garden will allow pruning and I have plenty of tidying jobs from hard surfaces for him.....

Good to hear other folks have progress on health fronts. 

Off to finish coking dinner. We had a tesco delivery between 1700-1800 which arrived 1635. Casserole planned to serve after receipt and putting away.

Posted on 22/02/2024 11:45

Glad to read you're feeling a bit better Bakers2... and to others who have not been too good lately.  

David

DSB replied on 22/02/2024 11:52

Posted on 22/02/2024 11:52

Raining again, here today - just a bit fed-up of all this rain!!  Managed to do a bit more cleaning inside the car yesterday, between the showers!  Lovely sunset photos Moulsey..

Having to change our practice venue for tonight.  The last time we used this venue it was like parking in a paddling pool....  fingers crossed that the rain stops to give the paddling pool time to drain away before tonight...  Got my socks wet last time!!  πŸ™‚

David

KjellNN replied on 22/02/2024 12:59

Posted on 22/02/2024 12:59

Sunny here today....meantime.   Doubt it will last.

OH has rearranged the caravan service, so it will be done before our first trip out.   The day is not ideal, but we will manage.  Next thing will be to empty and check the van in readiness, better do that this weekend.

We got some new Lidl  coupons, so another free loaf!    Also a free chocolate brownie.   OH  saw the article on the news a while back about the court case with Lidl and the sourdough, noticed they had renamed some of  their loaves.

Our local Lidl is small so choice is limited in the bakery section, so we have never bothered much with this Lidl Plus thing, but a huge new store opened last year near DD, so we are now using that more when we do a bigger shop.  

I think I will be in the hospital for one night after my op, hopefully the early start will mean I get dealt with early on too.   It is a fairly new hospital, all single rooms, OH says the beds are comfortable, she had a one night stay last year.

vbfg replied on 22/02/2024 13:41

Posted on 22/02/2024 13:41

Not too long ago. someone mentioned cancelling their landline.  I am with Plusnet for my landline and broadband and pay around 7.30 a month for my mobile phone calls and 3 gigs of data.  Plusnet are cancelling their mobile service very shortly so I was thinking of cancelling my landline at the same time (and perhaps signing up with somone else for broadband).  Does cancelling a landline have any affect on any services such as broadband and what broadband provider do people recommend?

Wherenext replied on 22/02/2024 14:20

Posted on 22/02/2024 14:20

Can't help you vbfg as we need a landline for MiL who finds mobiles are alien creatures. We're fairly stuck for broadband operators due to location and suffered intermittent problems for years. However we upgraded at the end of last year to EE (like Plusnet part of BT) to fibre and, touch wood, the service is more reliable. Other providers networks just don't reach us or drop out at the first hint of poor weather.

OH has only her 2nd.full day off today but the rain put paid to any idea of a day out so she decided we should get stuck into a Spring Clean. I wish we'd gone out.frown Did get a chance to try out the new to us Kärcher Small window vac.( small as in machine not windows!).  Very impressed, especially as we got it half price through a promo with Martin Lewis' website.

Good luck with the Op Kj.

Takethedogalong replied on 22/02/2024 14:25

Posted on 22/02/2024 14:25

We have been with Virgin Media (now Virgin/O2) for years. So we have BB, mobile phones, they gave us a free landline (not used, unplugged) and you can add TV options as well if you want, although we don’t. VM BB is super fast and reliable, you can chose different packages, at different prices, link in free phone sims, all sorts of options. It’s not the cheapest (particularly if coming from Plusnet, which is good, I chose this for Mum’s house), but you can drill them down to some very good deals, if you persevere, and go straight to “want to disconnect” rather than listening to some overseas gabble. It here that they can make decisions for you. Our experience on the whole with VM has been good. I did a bit of work for a friend at her house, and she had Sky, which frankly I found dire. No experience of BT, or other providers. All depends what you want really, we wanted speed and reliability. Good luck with it allπŸ‘

milliehull replied on 22/02/2024 14:34

Posted on 22/02/2024 14:34

OH went to fetch his paper this morning and got caught in the very heavy downpour that Bakers2 mentioned. He hadn't worn his wet weather coat so looked like a drowned rat when he got home. He was soaked right through to his skin so had to have a complete change of clothes. To add insult to injury the paper shop had a note on the door saying 'closed until further notice' so he didn't get his paper either. Not his day apparently 😲!

Our son in N.Ireland loves making bread from scatch. He says he finds it relaxing. He often makes soda bread for breakfast. It is very good.

DEBSC replied on 22/02/2024 16:44

Posted on 22/02/2024 16:44

Planned a good long walk today but it has bucketed down most of the day. Our garden is waterlogged. As OH can’t walk far at all I usually walk alone. I recently cleared out the garage to make room to pull down and extend my walking machine that I haven’t been able to use for quite a while. Really need some exercise after a winter on the sofa. With Status Quo helping me along, I find I exercise much quicker while listening to them, I’ve managed some time walking on the machine this morning and then the exercise bike this afternoon. OH just said maybe stop now.. I think he meant the Quo not me 😊 Maybe I’ve just about burnt off enough calories for a GnT before dinner.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook