What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

Wherenext replied on 21/02/2024 11:52

Posted on 21/02/2024 11:52

Thanks Ttda.

Lucky for us that I gave OH some free training last year on how to manage Stroke patients.smile

Had to let our free night booking go along with the rest of the nights we had planned to Wirral CP in mid March. I have a free afternoon as OH taking a friend of MiLs with her today. The weather is miserable though with rain and 40+ mph gusts so I'll be housebound.

Hope Bakers feeling a bit better. Not surprised she's a bit run down as she never seems to stop.

DavidKlyne replied on 21/02/2024 13:22

Posted on 21/02/2024 13:22

After my  trip south, the first long trip with the new car, I thought I would fill up with fuel to check the economy. 53 miles to the gallon in old money. I think that is pretty good and interestingly about the same as the computer in the car is saying. Don't think I have had such an economic car. It's a hybrid so self generated electrical is used as well.  

David

Tammygirl replied on 21/02/2024 15:02

Posted on 21/02/2024 15:02

Mixed weather here today, rain this morning but we know have blue skies coming over from the west.

Oh how I wish we had a cycleway. It's more than 10 years since the campaign to get one linking us with the next village started. They have a cycleway all the way into Perth, it's not shared with traffic and is a pleasant ride into the city along the river Tay where it does get shared with pedestrians.

Our village to the next is just 3 miles but it's not a safe cycle by any means. The council have approved a cycleway across the countryside, however there is 1 farmer who continues to withhold permissionšŸ˜”šŸ˜” so 10 years on and many meetings, redrawing of plans, we are no further forward. One day there will be a fatality, maybe then we will get a cycleway. 

KjellNN replied on 21/02/2024 15:51

Posted on 21/02/2024 15:51

Dropped into Lidl today to pick up our "free bakery item", a sourdough crusty loaf, and while there got a call from the hospital to ask if I could come  in on the 29th for my parathyroid op, so immediately agreed.  
Some other things, like our caravan service will need to be rearranged, but at least it will be done in good time not to  interfere with holiday plans.

Now have confirmation by text of the timetable......Friday 23/02.....pre op at nearby hospital....Monday 26th...meeting with surgeon.....Thursday 29th ........be at hospital by 07.15!!

Rufs replied on 21/02/2024 17:12

Posted on 21/02/2024 17:12

"Oh how I wish we had a cycleway."

have to say, where we live we are blessed with very flat terrain and approx 20 miles of good cycle tracks which are mostly tarmac or very good shingle and i cycle almost every day, it can get a bit scary during peak summer periods as some of the cycle ways share the footpath and although most of it is very wide, it is very annoying when people walk 4 abreast, but i have fitted a very loud air horn to my bike, some people love it, others hate it but hey! it does what it says on the tin laughing

my pet hate is people with dogs who think it is ok to have them on leads that snake out some 3 metres from them and hence they relinquich all controlyell

what an aweful day it has been, rain rain and more rain, but all good off to the local for dinner have £95 worth of vouchers that family kindly bought me for my xmas present.laughing

moulesy replied on 21/02/2024 17:37

Posted on 21/02/2024 17:37

As promised by Madame Kirkwood we had a period of wet weather first thing this morning - followed closely by a period of very wet weather! frown 

Slightly better this afternoon, but it's been a matter of frequent short walks to keep the dogs happy. Fortunately there is a huge enclosed field just up the road so Ralph, anyway, can get a good run around and meet up with the locals.

WN - thanks for the suggestion of Berkeley Castle - I remember going there on a school trip - wonder if it's changed at all in the last 60 years? laughing

milliehull replied on 21/02/2024 17:50

Posted on 21/02/2024 17:50

Good news about your MIL WN. Lovely to hear that she is making such good progress. Also pleased to hear that you have a date for your op KjellNN and that it won't impinge too much on your holiday plans. Great to hear that you had such a good time at your grand-daughter's 2nd birthday party HelenandTrevor. Gosh what a busy weekend David K. We find long journey tiring these days as well. Years ago when FIL was still alive we used to go up to Co Durham to see him for the day once a month. Up there, lunch out with him and a drive round The Dales and then drive back all in the day, and then get up and go to work on the Monday!!

OH had a hospital appt for a scan yesterday afternoon and as it coincided with my afternoon at the Cathedral he said he would go on is own (the first time he has been anywhere on his own for some months) and as parking is diabolical at our hospital he decided to go by bus. All went well so another little hurdle in is recovery done and dusted. The scan was because he had found a small painless lump in his neck some months ago but as he had so much else going on health wise it was put on the back burner. He went to see a GP a few weeks ago who thought it was probably just a slightly enlarged saliva gland but sent him for a scan to check it out. The guy who did the scan actually gave OH the result and agreed with the GP's diagnosis of a slightly enlarged saliva gland and said it was nothing to worry about so another worry crossed off our list thank goodness. We took ourselves off for some retail therapy today to The Springfield Centre near Spalding (outlet centre) where we made a few purchases and had a light lunch. So lovely to go somewhere that has no empty shops and you could actually look, feel and try on if you wanted to. It was pouring with rain first thing but stopped soon after we got there and has been grey and a bit drizzly for the rest of the day.

I hope everyone who has health problems or family members who have health problems gets good news soon.

PS my new avatar is showing on my PC now that I have cleared my cache but no such luck with my android phone so far.

moulesy replied on 21/02/2024 17:58

Posted on 21/02/2024 17:58

Hmm - this is our sky tonight - does it mean a better day tomorrow?

moulesy replied on 21/02/2024 18:08

Posted on 21/02/2024 18:08

Millie - are you using Samsung Internet on your android by any chance? If you are,  try this. Open the home page and click on the menu (the three lines at the bottom right) then choose "settings" and then "personal browsing data". Choose "delete browsing data" and then delete "cached files & images". Should work!

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook