What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

Bakers2 replied on 21/02/2024 18:10

Posted on 21/02/2024 17:58 by moulesy

Hmm - this is our sky tonight - does it mean a better day tomorrow?

Posted on 21/02/2024 18:10

I thought we had a pretty sunset sky, but not as good as yours.

I'm hoping the same as you 🤞 as we have garden help. He doesn't mind working in the rain, monsoons excepted. 

I'm beginning to come out the other side now, thankfully. Still taking it very easy so won't be assisting garden help. Hopefully the garden will allow pruning and I have plenty of tidying jobs from hard surfaces for him.....

Good to hear other folks have progress on health fronts. 

Off to finish coking dinner. We had a tesco delivery between 1700-1800 which arrived 1635. Casserole planned to serve after receipt and putting away.

RedKite replied on 21/02/2024 18:14

Posted on 21/02/2024 18:14

All the best for your op KjN.

A busy few days here as we have at last got rid of a single Leylandi Conifer the branches were done last week and Monday OH got the chainsaw out to do the trunk took awhile but all done and taken to the skip yesterday morning and today I did some tidying up with the troughs by the front door and clear some leaves around some pots and OH tidied up his shed more to do and then sorted the cover on our above ground pool all done before rain and strong winds arrive tomorrow so back to inside chores.

Glad to hear your MIL is improving WN.

Had my e ticket arrive this afternoon so printed off and ready for RHS  Malvern show in May it will be me going as OH not keen on garden shows so will stay at the cottage we are renting for a couple of weeks will seem strange no caravan with us but wanted a change and looking forward to it.

Wherenext replied on 21/02/2024 18:30

Posted on 21/02/2024 18:30

Some good news knocking around for a change. Best wishes to all recipients of it.

Moulesy, as its 60 years since your visit to Berkeley Castle you honestly don't think you'll remember what it was like do you? All that water under, and most recently over, the bridge. All the many houses and castles that will have taken up space in your storage area. 

Then again, I shouldn't judge you by how I would be.laughing

milliehull replied on 21/02/2024 18:59

Posted on 21/02/2024 18:08 by moulesy

Millie - are you using Samsung Internet on your android by any chance? If you are,  try this. Open the home page and click on the menu (the three lines at the bottom right) then choose "settings" and then "personal browsing data". Choose "delete browsing data" and then delete "cached files & images". Should work!

Posted on 21/02/2024 18:59

Thank you moulesy. That worked 😊.

Takethedogalong replied on 21/02/2024 20:20

Posted on 21/02/2024 18:30 by Wherenext

Some good news knocking around for a change. Best wishes to all recipients of it.

Moulesy, as its 60 years since your visit to Berkeley Castle you honestly don't think you'll remember what it was like do you? All that water under, and most recently over, the bridge. All the many houses and castles that will have taken up space in your storage area. 

Then again, I shouldn't judge you by how I would be.laughing

Posted on 21/02/2024 20:20

We visited Berkeley Castle as part of a lovely tour a few years ago, very interesting place, parts of Wolf Hall were filmed there. The claim to fame of it being the location were Edward II met his grisly pointed end has been revised in the last 60 years M! But the little room is still there🤣 Gloucester Cathedral, if you are anywhere close is simply stunning, lots to see there, and another well used filming location. 

Nice afternoon out for us, dodged the damp at a local garden centre, looking for a few birthday presents for Mum. 

nelliethehooker replied on 21/02/2024 21:48

Posted on 21/02/2024 21:48

Glad to hear that your OH's scan proved his doctor was correct and it is nothing to worry about, Millie.

B2, pleased to read that you are beginning to feel better.

A couple of super photos, M, hope tomorrow is much dried for you and you all can get a good walk in.

Tda, fingers crossed that you are successful with your Esty adventure.

Very wet morning but the rain had passed by lunchtime and by mid afternoon the sun had come out. Caravan was ready for collection by 10:30 but we wait till this afternoon to pick it up. Tomorrow I will have to make sure that the replacement microwave is working properly. 

vbfg replied on 22/02/2024 09:59

Posted on 21/02/2024 15:51 by KjellNN

Dropped into Lidl today to pick up our "free bakery item", a sourdough crusty loaf, and while there got a call from the hospital to ask if I could come  in on the 29th for my parathyroid op, so immediately agreed.  
Some other things, like our caravan service will need to be rearranged, but at least it will be done in good time not to  interfere with holiday plans.

Now have confirmation by text of the timetable......Friday 23/02.....pre op at nearby hospital....Monday 26th...meeting with surgeon.....Thursday 29th ........be at hospital by 07.15!!

Posted on 22/02/2024 09:59

What was the sourdough loaf like?  I have tried sourdough loafs from supermarkets and have not been impressed, is Lidl's bread any better than the normal, supermarket bread?

KjellNN replied on 22/02/2024 10:36

Posted on 22/02/2024 10:36

It's not bad, quite tasty, and a nice crisp crust.  Nice to have something different now and again, even better when free!  The "fancy" breads are rather expensive to use all the time.

However, we do mainly make our own bread as we have a breadmaker, so have not tried any from other supermarkets to compare.  Breadmaker comes on holiday in the caravan too.

At home we make both white bread for toast and various types of wholemeal for sandwiches, buying 16kg sacks of flour.   We also make sourdough from scratch occasionally, but when we go away we take or buy sourdough bread mixes to use for all purposes to save lugging so many ingredients with us, and everyone likes the sourdough loaves.  Excellent for toast.

heddlo replied on 22/02/2024 10:48

Posted on 22/02/2024 09:59 by vbfg

What was the sourdough loaf like?  I have tried sourdough loafs from supermarkets and have not been impressed, is Lidl's bread any better than the normal, supermarket bread?

Posted on 22/02/2024 10:48

Apparently supermarket sourdough is not real sourdough, it’s named sourfaux as it has too many other unnecessary ingredients in order to make it last.  I’ve been lucky enough to find a wonderful artisan baker in a local village and their sourdough is far and away so much better than the supermarket stuff, which as you say, I have never found nice.  

vbfg replied on 22/02/2024 11:14

Posted on 22/02/2024 10:36 by KjellNN

It's not bad, quite tasty, and a nice crisp crust.  Nice to have something different now and again, even better when free!  The "fancy" breads are rather expensive to use all the time.

However, we do mainly make our own bread as we have a breadmaker, so have not tried any from other supermarkets to compare.  Breadmaker comes on holiday in the caravan too.

At home we make both white bread for toast and various types of wholemeal for sandwiches, buying 16kg sacks of flour.   We also make sourdough from scratch occasionally, but when we go away we take or buy sourdough bread mixes to use for all purposes to save lugging so many ingredients with us, and everyone likes the sourdough loaves.  Excellent for toast.

Posted on 22/02/2024 11:14

Thanks for the info, I will get one next time I am in Lidl and try it.  We have cut down a lot on bread to try and eat healthier, eating salad with a couple of small crackers instead (my son is disabled and lives with me) but will try the sourdough bread with some soup.  We don't eat enough bread for it to be worth my while to make it.

I hope that you opp goes OK. These days I think that they try and get you in and processed ASAP, which is often better than staying in for a number of days and it will be good to get it over with, before the weather improves and you have a chance to go away.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook