What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

milliehull replied on 23/02/2024 17:54

Posted on 23/02/2024 17:54

I did a guided tour of the Cathedral this morning, the first time for 3 months. It was so lovely to be back and I remembered everything! I was so worried that I would forget things or would get tired and run out of steam but thankfully all was well. I had such a nice group of people and one of the guys was one of the firefighters on duty (in fact I think he said he was the first to arrive) on the night that we had the catastrophic fire in 2001. It was fascinating chatting to him. In fact when we got to the area where the fire started I handed over to him to tell the tale. My car went for it's MOT today but failed on emmisions. It is going to be retested next week after the guy has got the spare parts. He also mended the window washers so I think we are in for a bill of around £200. Hey ho it is what it is.

The day started off much colder but with a clear blue sky and sun! Unfortunately it has now completely spoiled itself and is teeming with rain.

Takethedogalong replied on 23/02/2024 18:09

Posted on 23/02/2024 18:09

It’s not been a bad day here, but we are expecting -1c overnight. One more day at Mum’s, then Sunday we are off to the National Velodrome at Manchester for Nat Champs Finals. Chance to see some of the Olympic medal hopefuls, just not looking forward to drive across. Thankfully, we don’t have to cross the city this time, we will park up at the Etihad, then walk. Corporate catering greed seems to be the order of the day though, not allowed to to take any food or drink inside, only thing allowed is an empty water bottle that you can fill up inside. The track is at 28c inside, so very warm, will certainly need to drink. Apparently (what lies they tell) it’s to prevent anyone throwing food onto the tracks. Who knew that Cycling was the haunt of such vandals eh? I shall ask for a vegan food option suitable for someone with an allergy, and see what they come up with🀷‍♀️ I shall let rip on Trip Advisor as well if they don’t do such options, and if it’s overpriced pap.😑 No doubt we will be searched going in, always fun. Fellas get the brush down manually, females get the bleeping electronic ring. 

Bakers2 replied on 23/02/2024 19:37

Posted on 23/02/2024 19:37

Milliehull sounds like a lovely tour. How wonderful to have a firefighter from that terrible night. Did you learn from him? Fingers crossed your car passes and the bill is modest.

I managed to dry towels outside πŸ˜€. Takes very little to make some folk happy 😊. 

However as Milliehull says as dusk came we had a heavy shower and heavy, large hailstones. Covered the ground looking like snow. I expect we'll have a frost tonight. I was shocked at how much lying water there is around, even though I walk locally daily!

Successful shearing, both dog and OH look smart. I had success in both the library and haberdashery shop. Ran out of time to use the archives, I forgot they close for lunch... 

RedKite I'm surprised you miss my rants about 3 cornered leek 🀐. Yes it's all supposed to be edible, not tried it. Too disgusted with its habits and I'd feel a turncoat if I liked it! Maybe it would be OK contained in a pot but I'm not enough of its friend to try. I have seen it for sale in a garden centre with no warning 😑. We had an area if about 8 x 12 foot invested with it.....

Takethedogalong have a good day out. There are so many places, cinemas etc I believe, that don't allow you to take in food or drink. My youngest granddaughter has multiple food allergies, my daughter preparers everything from scratch. As she lives in NZ I'm not up to speed but even fruit has to be watched. 

We opted for a landline when we moved, mobile signal isn't great on either of our networks. That said the landline is VOIP and I'm not convinced it's an improvement. If I sit the opposite side of the double bed with the handset having a conversation it will bleep - to say to from base unit...... On our old system, old house, you could take down the garden!

Bakers2 replied on 23/02/2024 19:55

Posted on 23/02/2024 19:55

Fire at the Lidl distribution warehouse on the A1 today 

BBC News - Lidl warehouse blaze in Peterborough tackled by firefighters - BBC News https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/c516jlrx45do

I think the fire brigade might have been grateful for plentiful water supply. It just took a mere 15 hose lengths from water source to roof........

I presume they'll be a thorough investigation in due course. I've been an advocate of any new build having solar panels included in the plans. Now I'm wondering if it us a good idea 😱

milliehull replied on 23/02/2024 20:50

Posted on 23/02/2024 20:50

Yes I saw that on TV Bakers2. I also wondered about the solar panels on the roof. The aerial footage certainly looked as though the solar panels were the cause. I wonder whether there was a fault somewhere? In the meantime I wonder whether there will be a shortage of goods in the local Lidl stores

Yes I did learn a lot from the firefighter on my tour today. Hopefully lots more information that I can pass on to the visitors

nelliethehooker replied on 23/02/2024 21:35

Posted on 23/02/2024 21:35

Well done with the guided tour, Millie, back in the groove for you!

Sounds like busy day B2. Shame about all the poor weather you seem to be having in yourv region.

Hope you have an easy drive over to M/C tda, and you enjoy your day out at the Cycling Championships.

It has been mostly sunny here at home but still quite chilly, ,although like last night we had a spot of rain late on. I was able to get the caravan cleaned and Bobby Dazzled between our regular dog walks. Looking forward to the rugby tomorrow.

DEBSC replied on 23/02/2024 22:56

Posted on 23/02/2024 22:56

A trip into town today we finally purchased a new suite, we had chosen the one we wanted but couldn’t decide on the colour, last day of sale so make our mind up time. We went for the pale cream that OH liked, I already have cream throws that will probably get used, especially when the family (and their dogs) come, never had a pale suite before.     It’s been raining all day again today, at least no hosepipe ban again this year as the reservoirs are all full. Not surprised when the local weather reporter said that Devon has had 3 and a half times the normal rainfall so far for February.                            

So glad that bomb didn’t go off in Plymouth, a job well done by all concerned in removing it but a lot of disruption to 10,000 residents. I remember Dad taking us to Plymouth when I was young and there was still so much just flattened ground in the city centre long after the war. Must have been a shock to the householder when they found it, it was very large. It’s been all over our local news for days.

Tinwheeler replied on 23/02/2024 23:26

Posted on 23/02/2024 23:26

Unexploded bombs in Plymouth were a regular occurrence at one time, especially in that area near the Naval Dockyard. I think they’ve made such a fuss about this one because it’s a pretty rare event these days.

I can remember the City Centre being rebuilt back in the 1950s after the devastation of the blitz.

richardandros replied on 24/02/2024 06:07

Posted on 24/02/2024 06:07

Well, our week at York Beechwood Grange comes to an end tomorrow but we are leaving today - just sick and fed up with the weather.  As Ros said, yesterday - it's been constant 'hosepipe' weather. Indeed, it doesn't seem to have really stopped since we were away in November. Everywhere around the site other than the roads and hardstandings is totally waterlogged and the dog walk is out of action because of it. Still, it's been a change of surroundings and we had a nice pub lunch with our friends in Old Malton on Wednesday.

Ironically today and tomorrow are forecast to be dry - but we will see!!

Bakers2 replied on 24/02/2024 07:41

Posted on 24/02/2024 07:41

After yesterday's hail I expected frost. Its still thick and sparkly in the sun at 0730. Beautiful.

Richard andros I understand completely where you're coming from. Maybe today will be OK? But it won't sort the wet ground issue. Safe travelling if you move on. 

Nelliethehooker my day might have sounded busy but it was an easy one. Dropped off the dog journeyed to Huntingdon. OH to barbers, haberdashery a few door down,then into the library where OH joined me before we returned to collect dog on our way home. Very civilised.

Today reflexology, she's fitted me in I wasn't expecting it, after having to cancel because of flu.

Hopefully it'll stay nice and I need to do nothing more than please myself 🀣🀣

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook