What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

nelliethehooker replied on 24/02/2024 20:26

Posted on 24/02/2024 20:26

A bright sunny day after some rain before we got up. Did a bit of cleaning inside the caravan but really a lazy sort of day for me, with only 4 dog walks so far. Enjoyed watching the Ireland/Wales game but not so the Calcutta Cup game!frown

Good to read that you both had a fine morning out walking, WN, and fingers crossed that your MIL is allowed home next week.

It sounds as if there have been many members busy both in their gardens and on projects indoors. Well done one and all.

milliehull replied on 24/02/2024 21:16

Posted on 24/02/2024 21:16

Frost first thing here but lovely and bright so we went to have a walk round the park in the sunshine followed by a coffee. It was lovely - sunshine, no wind. Such a wonderful change after all that rain. It inspired us to then visit the local garden centre where I bought some wild primroses which I planted in an old galvanised small bath that I had cleared out a few weeks ago. A nice long chat to my cousin who lives in Poole this afternoon while OH watched the England/Scotland match. We won't talk about the result. Grand-daughter in Ireland will be well pleased though!

Glad you had a 'lazy' day nellie. Four dog walks sounds quite busy to me!

DSB replied on 24/02/2024 23:14

Posted on 24/02/2024 23:14

Weather sounds similar to us, here in North Warks.  Been off visiting family tiday, but managed to book a few days away in the caravan.. 

David

Wherenext replied on 25/02/2024 12:52

Posted on 25/02/2024 12:52

We had some Chicken Pakoras the other night with a salad for dinner. Unfortunately the smell lingered for days and days. Nothing we tried seemed to work. Air fresheners, windows opened or left on vent, extractor fan left on for a while. Today we managed it. Yep, we've replaced with the smell of a Strong French runny cheese.😱😂 Oh well as least it doesn't smell musty.

Had a walk around the local lanes this morning in freezing fog. It's finally disappeared to be replaced by a cloudy day. 

Enjoy the rest of your day folks.

RedKite replied on 25/02/2024 13:32

Posted on 25/02/2024 13:32

A very wet and windy day here yuck 11mm of rain so far and more to come, did managed to get out to my compost bin when rain was not so heavy.

WN I have used lavender or other incense burning sticks and that usually helps to get rid of strong smells.

Cornersteady replied on 25/02/2024 16:51

Posted on 25/02/2024 16:51

Excellent weather (well for us north European visitors but normal for residents) continues with 28C+ with a very warm wind that is certainly needed. Just eating, drinking, sleeping, and working on my tan. 

Wherenext replied on 26/02/2024 21:45

Posted on 26/02/2024 21:45

Made the most of some good weather and being free from hospital visiting until this evening we decided to have a walk along the Wirral Way into West Kirkby. It was good to see the new flood defences they've put in last year and the improved walkway along one side of the marine lake.

Called in to have a look at the Sandstone Church at Caldy village. Lovely little church but with its own organ. 

Had lunch out so we weren't rushed for evening visit. MiL still perky. We're expecting some equipment later this week to facilitate her discharge.

Quite tired after a full day so about to have an early night.

nelliethehooker replied on 26/02/2024 22:02

Posted on 26/02/2024 22:02

Another fine dry day thankfully, although we didn't do anything exciting! JA bit of shopping and a walk in the town's park this morning before a quick visit for OH to see the dentist and to rearrange an appointment. This afternoon I completed a few small cleaning jobs on the car between walks. 

KjellNN replied on 27/02/2024 10:33

Posted on 27/02/2024 10:33

Looks like I am all set for my op on Thursday.  Met with surgeon yesterday, I am second on the list, so should be back in my room by 13.00.  She has booked me for an overnight stay and there will be a blood test on Friday morning to check all is OK, so I should hopefully be allowed home in the afternoon.

Miserable weather this morning, yesterday was very sunny, but also very cold. 

More progress in upstairs bathroom with finishing touches, cupboards now taken into use, so just the blind and the toilet roll holder to put up.  Have to find the brackets for the blind  first though.

Takethedogalong replied on 27/02/2024 10:50

Posted on 27/02/2024 10:50

Getting closer to coming home WN😁 That’s good news. Won’t be long before you are off again I am guessing Nellie👍

Good afternoon and evening at the Cycling, once we got there. Woodhead was closed as we set off😱, so we detoured via Holmfirth. Traffic bad as it usually is, but we enjoyed spectacular drive across Saddleworth Moor. Then itwas the outskirts of Manchester and the horrendous traffic there. It’s 35 miles from home to Velodrome. It took us two and a quarter hours😡 No signage for parking, so that was a magic roundabout until we could get back to Etihad. Short walk to velo allowed us to stuff down a sandwich, then it was bag searched for illicit food, and check bottles were empty. Inside of course you had a marvellous choice of chips, burger, or a pulled pork roll (£9🤷‍♀️) so much as I feared, corporate catering greed. Water was from glass jugs lined up. Excellent racing though, and a good crowd. 

We are off to see Bill Bailey tonight, should be fun😁

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook