What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

Takethedogalong replied on 27/02/2024 10:52

Posted on 27/02/2024 10:33 by KjellNN

Looks like I am all set for my op on Thursday.  Met with surgeon yesterday, I am second on the list, so should be back in my room by 13.00.  She has booked me for an overnight stay and there will be a blood test on Friday morning to check all is OK, so I should hopefully be allowed home in the afternoon.

Miserable weather this morning, yesterday was very sunny, but also very cold. 

More progress in upstairs bathroom with finishing touches, cupboards now taken into use, so just the blind and the toilet roll holder to put up.  Have to find the brackets for the blind  first though.

Posted on 27/02/2024 10:52

Best wishes for Thursday K, hope you are sorted, in and out quickly👍

richardandros replied on 27/02/2024 12:22

Posted on 27/02/2024 10:52 by Takethedogalong

Best wishes for Thursday K, hope you are sorted, in and out quickly👍

Posted on 27/02/2024 12:22

And from us KJ - Just get in and out as quickly as you cansmile

Spent most of yesterday and today cleaning the inside of the van after getting back from York,  It desperately needs the roof cleaning and the whole of it polishing but the weather here hasn't allowed that to be done.  Hopefully there may be a weather 'window' towards the end of next week and I can get it smartened up again.

RedKite replied on 27/02/2024 12:25

Posted on 27/02/2024 12:25

Same from us Kj and all goes well.

Shopping yesterday in Villefranche as OH needed plumbing bits a very wet day, but better today and some glimpses of sun so a few chores outside and OH doing his plumbing whilst weather dry.

Had message off a local friend as they had been to UK to see grandson who is nearly 5 months old and she felt unwell whilst there and ended up in A&E when they got back to find she has gall bladder issues and will have to have it removed sometime also she has to go back early next month to see consultant as she also has problems with her kidneys so not good news and now off work as she does part time home help work 4 days a week and not sure when she will be able to go back to work.

Enjoy Bill Bailey Ttda.

nelliethehooker replied on 27/02/2024 21:50

Posted on 27/02/2024 21:50

Not such a pleasant morning here but fortunately the rain passed through and we had a dryish afternoon and evening. Lasting Power of Attorney forms partially signed up and now forwarded to our daughter {our attorney} and son for there signatures. It will no doubt take a week or two before we get them back for our final signatures and then a good few more weeks before the process is completed, hopefully. Received a text from the hospital with letter containing the date of my MRI Scan, towards the end of next month, which fits nicely in with our plans, although I do have to be there for 8:20 on a Sunday morning!!

Fingers crossed that your operation goes without a hitch and you are back home the following morning, Kjell.

Tda, glad to hear that you had a good day at the cycling, and hope you have an enjoyable evening at the Bill Bailey performance. You might be right in thinking that we could be planning a trip away, and I will update you later.

RK, sorry to hear of you friends condition and hope that she soon can have her operation and is able to get back to work.

Hold the weather improves enough for you to get your caravan cleaned, R&R, I was fortunate when we got home from our last trip that we had a couple of decent days which enable me to get the van and car cleaned

DSB replied on 27/02/2024 22:56

Posted on 27/02/2024 10:33 by KjellNN

Looks like I am all set for my op on Thursday.  Met with surgeon yesterday, I am second on the list, so should be back in my room by 13.00.  She has booked me for an overnight stay and there will be a blood test on Friday morning to check all is OK, so I should hopefully be allowed home in the afternoon.

Miserable weather this morning, yesterday was very sunny, but also very cold. 

More progress in upstairs bathroom with finishing touches, cupboards now taken into use, so just the blind and the toilet roll holder to put up.  Have to find the brackets for the blind  first though.

Posted on 27/02/2024 22:56

All the best for Thursday KjellNN. 

David

DSB replied on 27/02/2024 23:23

Posted on 27/02/2024 23:23

We've has a good couple of days at Skegness Sands (AS).  A very well looked after site, even if the hardstandings are a bit 'car-park like'.  They even have a machine for sweeping the roads on site to remove any stray bits of gravel that have found their way way on to the tarmac from the gravel hardstandings.

No rain (apart from a few spots on Monday).  We popped up to the North Sea Observatory today for a drink and cake.  Great views over the beach and sea.

David

Cornersteady replied on 28/02/2024 13:36

Posted on 28/02/2024 13:36

Unspoilt is a term often used incorrectly in travel literature but certainly not here. The capital of Boa Vista - Sal Rei, a few miles from the hotel. Many of the buildings go back to Portuguese colonial times, they only got independence in 1975. Very laid back and I loved it.

Tammygirl replied on 28/02/2024 19:43

Posted on 28/02/2024 19:43

Kj, best wishes for your op tomorrow.

Not such a great day today, bit cloudy and dull but we never got the rain that was forecast so that's a bonus.

We have the house upside down just now as we are having a new ceiling in the living room. Furniture scattered around the house along with pictures, clock and cupboard contents. Joiner has been here 2 days fitting new battens then new plasterboard. Just 1 more bit to finish off tomorrow then it's getting plastered on Saturday. New coving to go up and then painting to do. I'll be glad when it's done. New carpets will have to wait until we get back from our spring trip. 

I've been busy in the garden on the nice days, still lots to do though. The grass is like memory foam it's got that much moss in it. 

Second shingles Jag tomorrow, I wonder if my arm will be as sore as lastime. 

milliehull replied on 28/02/2024 20:26

Posted on 28/02/2024 20:26

Best wishes for tomorrow KjellNN. I  hope all goes well and you are successfully back home on Friday.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook