What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

KjellNN replied on 16/01/2024 15:58

Posted on 16/01/2024 09:28 by milliehull

Yes, I have tinnitus as well. I was told that there is no cure and I have learnt to live with it. It is worse some days than others.  I was told when I went for a hearing test last year that it is pretty typical amongst 'older' people. undecided

Posted on 16/01/2024 15:58

No, it seems there is  nothing much that can be done.

The surgery rang me today regarding another matter, and  to make an appointment, so I asked if the doc could check out my ears too, at the same time.
Instead they asked if I could come in today for that, so I have just been there.   Ears are not full of wax, so the doc, a trainee GP, is going to discuss it with the boss and get back to me, but she reckoned there was not any treatment.

I think my mum may have suffered with it too as she kept telling us she could hear music in her head.  Mine is not music, just a sort of hissing.

It is starting to interfere with my hearing, I am having problems sometimes with distinguishing between letters such as B and P and D, F and S, M and N, when OH is spelling something for me.   Spelling using the English version of the alphabet is something I have always struggled with in the first place, so this does not help!

milliehull replied on 16/01/2024 16:46

Posted on 16/01/2024 15:58 by KjellNN

No, it seems there is  nothing much that can be done.

The surgery rang me today regarding another matter, and  to make an appointment, so I asked if the doc could check out my ears too, at the same time.
Instead they asked if I could come in today for that, so I have just been there.   Ears are not full of wax, so the doc, a trainee GP, is going to discuss it with the boss and get back to me, but she reckoned there was not any treatment.

I think my mum may have suffered with it too as she kept telling us she could hear music in her head.  Mine is not music, just a sort of hissing.

It is starting to interfere with my hearing, I am having problems sometimes with distinguishing between letters such as B and P and D, F and S, M and N, when OH is spelling something for me.   Spelling using the English version of the alphabet is something I have always struggled with in the first place, so this does not help!

Posted on 16/01/2024 16:46

Yes mine is a hissing noise as well and very occasionally a ringing. Luckily I dont have music, I dont think I could cope with that!

Takethedogalong replied on 16/01/2024 17:38

Posted on 16/01/2024 17:38

OH suffers at times with his hearing. Currently awaiting to hear about aid options.

Has anyone else had a letter from The Coop about them ending the divi scheme? Lots grumbling about it in our local Co op this morning.

mickysf replied on 16/01/2024 19:44

Posted on 16/01/2024 17:38 by Takethedogalong

OH suffers at times with his hearing. Currently awaiting to hear about aid options.

Has anyone else had a letter from The Coop about them ending the divi scheme? Lots grumbling about it in our local Co op this morning.

Posted on 16/01/2024 19:44

Yes, been a member of the Co-op man and boy. They are adopting a member price reduction scheme similar to Sainsbury’s. With so many now struggling to make weekly budgets I can see the advantage of this immediate money off at the till approach rather than the accrued dividends. I think it will appeal to more folk, possible the more needy having said that our Co-op is a bit on the expensive side presently and needs to become more competitive price wise, quality of products is high in my opinion mind.. 

Wherenext replied on 16/01/2024 20:10

Posted on 16/01/2024 20:10

We've never got over losing Green Shield Stamps.🀣

Anyway we had some good news. MiL has been moved to the local community hospital that has a dedicated rehab team there. Saw her today and she seemed settled already. She'll benefit from being in a single room with her own bathroom as well, probably until they're satisfied she's progressing. The other ward at Wrexham was manic, no place for recuperation.

OH bought her belated birthday present from MiL as she was told off the other day for not getting a coat. So we had a morning coat shopping, which we both hate.

Had to shake snow off the car before setting off. Getting out of the village was careful but main roads were fine. There's a woman and her 4 y.o.son here from Sri Lanka. Neither had ever seen snow before. The boy was besotted. Sometimes the innocence of the young gives you a huge smile.β˜ƒοΈπŸ˜ƒ

Hope one and all well.

Bakers2 replied on 16/01/2024 20:11

Posted on 16/01/2024 20:11

Sorry to hear of folks suffering with tinnitus. Fingers crossed here 🀞

Another bright and cold day. Not such a strong northerly wind today so pleasant. Glorious sun streaming into the lounge. Dried bedding outside yesterday, smelt wonderful and managed to dry towels today. They did freeze hard on the line. Good hard underfoot, at long last, walk across fields with unexpected company this morning. Always nice to bump into a fellow dog owner friend walking at the same time.

Yesterday got silly hectic despite it all being planned. Car collected for service and MOT - all good πŸ‘.  Chimney repair, mortar around the cowl - storm Beta showed it had weakness back in October. Walking back from street lead walk I glanced up as I walked behind our house to see chimney being worked on. So indoors and all sorted. Good clean up of cupboard where chimney came into, was old floor standing boiler went into the chimney. Plenty of stuff fell down the flue and all sooty water washed from where it had come in. Lunch, return of car, dog walk and prescription collection. Who said retired is sitting around?

Today has been kind of similar, but unplanned....

Had started on this and suddenly a lovely surprise video call with daughter. Remembered to copy what I'd already typed in case it was lost, still not sure πŸ˜‰ as it appeared I'd not been logged out. Summer has finally arrived for them, high 20's and not lowering overnight so 2 sleepy girls, still awake at half past midnight, came through. Can't believe they are too hot!

Good to know your caravan ok DEBSC.

Best wishes to all those poorly or with loved ones who are. Thinking of you all.

Closing now as it's Winter Watch πŸ˜€ from one of my very favourite areas.

I had been logged out, but it wasn't obvious! So now able to add heard nothing from the Coop, but there are member prices in store.

nelliethehooker replied on 16/01/2024 20:48

Posted on 16/01/2024 20:48

Woke to a light covering of snow this morning, and it continued to snow while out with Flyte first thing. It then changed to sleet and finally rain which continued through threat till early evening. 

I have been suffering from a very sensitive tooth for a while which developed into full blown toothache last night in bed. I managed to get some sleep after taking a couple of paracetamol. Phoned up our dentist at 9:00 and had an appointment for 3:00 this afternoon. I could have had one in the morning but had my visit to the Audiologist at the hospital. Hearing test carried out and now await a coupled more appointments, one with the consultant and a second with someone who will assist in my dealing with the tinnitus and discuss whether or not I will require hearing aids. Saw the dentist as arranged and by 3:30 ideas back in the car on the way home minus a tooth!! Fingers crossed I get a good night's sleep tonight.

Good to read that you caravan is ok Debs, and that your MIL is is a better location to aid her recovery WN.

Hope all others with tinnitus do not suffer too much from having it.

Takethedogalong replied on 16/01/2024 21:25

Posted on 16/01/2024 21:25

Good news on your MIL WN, so pleased she is progressing, and hopefully easier for you as well to visit. 

I don’t hesitate nowadays with niggly teeth Nellie. One chance and then it’s “get it out” Luckily the few I have lost have all been at the back. Toothache is awful. I am a two minutes, twice a day, rinse and floss fanatic, do my best to self help.

Hope others with health issues are doing ok, getting sorted, and glad things not too bad with your caravan DebscπŸ‘

somewhat surprised we didn’t get snow today. A few flakes, that was all. Very cold here. Pooch had his monthly vet trip, he’s fine. Rest of this month is just routine appointments, but we shall try and fit in a nice day out somewhere. OH has been working on MG, took it for a spin, changed oil, bit of tinkering. I am still crafting, nearly finished a bridal head band for a niece, quite a difficult project, very involved, but hopefully it will be what she wants. In between I am making tweed and felt corsages, some with feather trims. Great for trimming bags, hats, coats, gave two away to my chief testers, SILs, they loved them.

DavidKlyne replied on 16/01/2024 21:53

Posted on 16/01/2024 17:38 by Takethedogalong

Posted on 16/01/2024 21:53

We had a letter yesterday about the one we use locally. I don't suppose our dividends ever amount to much anyway as we tend only to use the Co-Op for what we have missed elsewhere. Although having said that we tend to use more of them when we are away in the van. As an aside to that we had an energy account with the Co-Op (different region) which was transferred to Octopus but still  retains the Co-Op dividend which is added to our energy account credit balance. Sounds grand but it amounts to less than a fiver a year!

Nellie, hopefully the missing tooth will heal quickly and any discomfort will subside quickly. The irony of course is the for most having a tooth out is a big thing but its probably one of the cheapest dental treatments you can have!

Went to the Morrisons in CMK today as they have a car wash in the under shop car park. I don't mind doing it myself when its warmer but its just too cold at the minute to get out there with a bucket of water! Strange thing was as we were travelling there I notice the TPMS warning light was on, I had low pressure in two tyres, probably not so unusual in cold conditions. Added air to all tyres but warning still on so hopefully it will clear overnight?

David

Tinwheeler replied on 17/01/2024 08:27

Posted on 17/01/2024 08:27

Funny you should say that about the TPMS, David. Our Hyundai warning came on yesterday and stayed lit despite checking and adjusting pressures. According to the garage, although being set to 32, the warning will activate if pressure drops below 35. Inflated all the tyres to 35 and the warning went out. Crazy😡‍πŸ’«

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook