What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

Cornersteady replied on 17/01/2024 17:36

Posted on 17/01/2024 17:36

A very cold day but a lovely walk around Wallington Hall (NT) the house is closed but the grounds are open and the tea room of course.

I am amazed at this camera's low light and low noise capabilities, these were taken at ISO 5000!

Takethedogalong replied on 17/01/2024 18:13

Posted on 17/01/2024 18:13

Wallington is one of our favourite NT places Corners, the Walled Garden there is always really nice. Great quacker photos. I always think ducks and rabbits are two of nature’s most pleasing shapes. Lovely colours as well.

Wherenext replied on 17/01/2024 19:42

Posted on 17/01/2024 19:42

Hope you're feeling OK after the extraction Nellie. Strangely, OH had a front tooth filling fall out late on today so will be ringing dentist first thing tomorrow. Fortunately if we do get an appointment we won't have to worry about someone seeing MiL as 2 of her friends are visiting her.

Very icy this morning so we settled for a local stroll. Have an easy, relaxing morning we said. Called in to see an elderly lady nearby to thank her on behalf of MiL for her card. Her car was frost bound and she needed to get to town urgently for her prescription. (why do some people leave everything to the last moment?) So we volunteered to pick them up from town.

Visiting this afternoon, ringing around with updates this evening. I've had to reward myself with a beer. Mrs.WN insisted she needed 2 gins to quell the pain.sealed

Nice photos CS. Wallington one of our faves as well.

nelliethehooker replied on 17/01/2024 21:54

Posted on 17/01/2024 21:54

WN, my jaw is feeling a bit sore at the moment, but ibuprofen help, and I did manage a reasonable night's sleep last night. Hope your OH gets an early appointment. You both deserve that drink tonight!!😃

Tda, I too brush my teeth twice a day but they have had a fair bit of hammer through the years especially when playing rugby before him shields became the done thing to wear. Having a sweet tooth too hasn't helped!!

Fingers crossed that you made it ok to the airport, TG. Enjoy your stay at Lanzerote.

Like the photos of the Mallards, CS. We too enjoy visiting Wellington Hall.

After yesterday's rain and then the forecasted freeze over night I expected to find the pavements iced up  this morning, but that was not the case. There must have been a drying wind after 10:00pm because although the ground was frozen the pavements weren't at all slippery. We have had a lovely sunny day with very little wind and it felt much warmer than yesterday although I doubt that the temperature rose much above 0C.

DEBSC replied on 18/01/2024 08:46

Posted on 18/01/2024 08:46

It’s Devon and snow has settled here and not just on the moors. Very surprised when I pulled back the curtains. Most unusual for us.

DavidKlyne replied on 18/01/2024 09:11

Posted on 18/01/2024 08:46 by DEBSC

It’s Devon and snow has settled here and not just on the moors. Very surprised when I pulled back the curtains. Most unusual for us.

Posted on 18/01/2024 09:11

No snow in MK but it was -6 at midnight! Lovely bright day but very frosty, not looking forward to scrapping the ice off the car! According to the weather forecast one day next week could be a tropical 14 degrees, what strange weather we have!

David

Wherenext replied on 18/01/2024 10:22

Posted on 18/01/2024 10:22

Just waiting for sun to defrost car. We're south facing so shouldn't take long. Those opposite can often stay frozen all day at this time of year.

OH has an afternoon appointment with the driller killer so we'll head out for the day and enjoy a walk before heading into Chester.

60 mph winds forecast up here on Sunday. Certainly is weird David.

DavidKlyne replied on 18/01/2024 15:59

Posted on 18/01/2024 15:59

Had to forego my usual coffee and Danish in Waitrose today and concentrate on the shopping as we had to get back for the fence repair men. They have put in a concrete post to stabilise the timber fence post which seems to be rotting at ground level. Whilst probably not the ideal solution it will do for the next year or two. Once we decide to give up touring I suspect we will need to remove the gates and replaced them with a proper fixed fence. The guys seemed to have made a good job of the repair.

Another plus today, especially given the very cold temperatures, the TPMS on the car did not flash up an error today so hopefully the system is happy with the amount of air in all the tyres?

David

Wherenext replied on 18/01/2024 19:35

Posted on 18/01/2024 19:35

When we visited RSPB Burton recently we noticed a lightweight tripod that was half the weight of my other, which I've found difficult to use for any length of time. So I took my telescope along for a try. The staff set it up and on using the winder to elongate the post that the 'scope is attached to the handle broke. So, back to the drawing board. Glad it broke then before buying it.

Lovely cold crisp day down on the Reserve. Enjoyed it. Then into Chester to the dentist for OH. All fixed.

Home just before dusk.

Another cold one forecast for tomorrow.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook