What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

DSB replied on 15/01/2024 18:50

Posted on 15/01/2024 18:50

It's been years since we went to Seacroft, but have been thinking about revisiting the area.... we were wondering about trying Incleboro, next time??

Spent a really wonderful afternoon (not!!) filling in a tax form.

David

HelenandTrevor replied on 15/01/2024 19:08

Posted on 15/01/2024 19:08

Sending Best Wishes to Oneputt and Wherenext.

Bitterly cold day but plenty of sunshine, got the washing mostly dry outside,  brought it in when I got home from work, it was just starting to freeze. 🥶

Hope you get your holiday plans sorted Francis we still haven't decided where to go yet. 🤔

milliehull replied on 15/01/2024 20:28

Posted on 15/01/2024 20:28

Ww have had a busy weekend as it eas the 14th birthday of two of our grandchildren. They are not twins but cousins, we call them the 'cousin twins'. So we had some nice family gatherings to celebrate. OH went to his history class at the College this morning and I decided that I wanted to get out in the sunshine so went and had a brisk walk around the peremiter of our lovely local park. It took about 20 minutes. It was a lovely bright, sunny but bitterlt cold morning. Even though I was wearing gloves I could hardly feel my hands by the time I finished. Then it was back home for a cup of coffee and housework. Very cold this evening.

Francis We went to Seacroft many times when we had our caravan and yes you are right the best pitches are the serviced ones. It is a bit of a lottery otherwise. We also stayed at the Norfolk Broads site as mentioned by RK  and I agree that it is a lovely site in a very nice area. We had some good trips there. There was also a local pub we could walk to. No pub within walking distance of the Sandringham site but  few good ones if you dont mind driving.

nelliethehooker replied on 15/01/2024 21:33

Posted on 15/01/2024 21:33

I seem to have developed tinnitus, suppose I better book an appointment with our GP, see what, if any, treatment is available. Have actually had it very mildly for a while now, but it has suddenly got worse. Now in trouble with OH for not mentioning it earlier.

Kjell, I too have it, and have had it for many years now, after working in a very noisy environment. It has recently got worse, there is no cure for it apparently. It does now affect my hearing at times, and as it so happens I got for a second hearing test tomorrow, this time at our local hospital. Will see (hearlaughing) what they have to say!!

nelliethehooker replied on 15/01/2024 21:44

Posted on 15/01/2024 21:44

Francis and David, we much prefer the C&CC's Sandringham site to the CC's one, much less regimented with more room between pitches, and less expensive too, especially with the over 60's discount.

A much colder day here, doubt it rose above 2C even in the sun, as there was a breeze. OH got the washing dry outside and I hoovered out the car. It was too chilly to do much else, apart from going for brisk walks with Flyte.

Tinwheeler replied on 15/01/2024 21:45

Posted on 15/01/2024 21:45

Me too. I’ve had tinnitus for about 30 years. I’ve learned to live with it.

Somebody once asked me if I still had the noises when I was asleep 😂

milliehull replied on 16/01/2024 09:28

Posted on 16/01/2024 09:28

Yes, I have tinnitus as well. I was told that there is no cure and I have learnt to live with it. It is worse some days than others.  I was told when I went for a hearing test last year that it is pretty typical amongst 'older' people. undecided

Rufs replied on 16/01/2024 10:10

Posted on 16/01/2024 10:10

Fanstatic morning -5degs out walking so just had to put some calories in my body at the beach cafe, but despite the low temperatures people out swimming in the Solent, thought i was being brave walking in shorts coolreally dont mind the cold just so long as the sun is shining.

Tinnitus seems to be quite common, i have had it for donkies years, overtime you just learn to live with it, but i understand some folk do suffer quite badley

Takethedogalong replied on 16/01/2024 10:23

Posted on 15/01/2024 18:50 by DSB

It's been years since we went to Seacroft, but have been thinking about revisiting the area.... we were wondering about trying Incleboro, next time??

Spent a really wonderful afternoon (not!!) filling in a tax form.

David

Posted on 16/01/2024 10:23

We enjoyed Incleborough, good with a dog. Only stayed once, but we did have a cottage in the village for a couple of weeks in 2020. Village is nice, good camping shop, nice to walk around. Shire Horse Sanctuary is close by, Felbrigg just up Sandy Lane hill, station on approach road to Site goes to Norwich. Muckleburgh Collection Museum is five minutes away. We prefer to be more central along North Norfolk Coast road, so it worked better for us than Cromer Site. Nowadays, our first choice is a CS site near Binham Priory, but in the past we used Fakenham Racecourse Site (used to be Club) as it’s a good location for visiting lots of different parts of Norfolk.

DEBSC replied on 16/01/2024 11:23

Posted on 16/01/2024 11:23

To all who are visiting relatives in hospital I hope they soon make a good recovery.

Our caravan Park has opened the gate for just one week for people to view their vans after the high floods, no staying over but just to assess any damage. As we are so far away, our kind friends have been to check ours, sending photos and FaceTiming us while there. Our lovely white decking, which is just over 4ft high, is covered in mud and silt, which shows how high the water rose, and the shed contents are the same, so a lot of cleaning in spring. However, it appears no damage, we are so lucky, some others not so much. It seems our floats worked as they should. TV still on its shelf in the bedroom and our books, which are precarious on their shelf at the best of times, haven’t even moved. Grateful to our friends for checking, feel relieved. I feel so sorry for people who’s actual homes got flooded.

A few items that are not ours, small tables etc laying on our lawn. Someone’s plastic chest with cushions in was found half a mile away in a car park, shows how strong the river was running. After October we pick up everything and lock it in our shed or on our decking, to stop it floating away, or worse getting trapped under someone’s floats and tipping their van, just wish others would think and do the same, they are told to by the Park each year, some never learn. 

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook