What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

mickysf replied on 24/12/2023 17:02

Posted on 24/12/2023 17:02

Had to go up to the van today to collect our veg. steamer for cooking tomorrow’s festive meal. Spent some time checking it out. Had intended to take it for a run but the wind was buffeting it and it was rocking so thought better of that idea, the batteries both registered 12.9 volts so happy with that and a rotation of the tyres would have to do until next trip out a few days after New Year. Spent the afternoon re-silicone sealing the shower cubicle at home. I thought it was only the shower tray needed doing, it didn’t look that bad only the tiniest of black mould showing until I started to remove the beading and saw behind. A can of worms, the whole thing needed doing. I had spoken with a plumber friend who suggested the job really needs doing about every five years as the seal becomes brittle and water gets behind and ours had gone 12 years without being touched. Made we wonder about those seals around the outside of our caravans and motorhomes! Well it’s finished now but I’m as high as a kite from the fumes, I’ll leave the sherry for Santa and MrsFS and I’ll clean up later, may be tomorrow morning.  Anyway, have a merry Christmas everyone and don't over indulge! Well, not too much!

Tammygirl replied on 24/12/2023 19:46

Posted on 24/12/2023 19:46

Last bit of painting finished this morning, roller blind now back in position. 

Bit windy here today but we have seen the sun for a few hours. 

Had a visit from next door neighbour, dad and kids doing the rounds of the elderly 😁 we always exchange a small present for the kids. Then our neighbour next door but one came with a gift. Good job I'm all prepared, all wrapped up and waiting for them.

Happy Christmas to all on CT. 

nelliethehooker replied on 24/12/2023 20:01

Posted on 24/12/2023 20:01

After another night of rain we had a day of mixed weather, with rain and winds at times, but did manage most of our walks in the dry. After lunch we had a short trip to Aldi for the odd last bit of food and a fresh loaf, and came away with a lovely piece of Salmon for Boxing Day dinner. 

Sorry to hear that your brother is still in hospital, OP. Hope that you and your OH have not contracted Covid.

All the best to everyone.

moulesy replied on 24/12/2023 20:40

Posted on 24/12/2023 20:40

We've been out with friends and neighbours on the site for a pre Christmas get together and carol session at the local. The place is heaving and the band were very loud so, lightweights that we are, we decided to leave early and come back for a quieter evening, just us and the dogs!

Has anyone else been playing "Whamageddon" - I've managed to get this far without hearing "Last Christmas" once, so feeling rather pleased with myself! laughing

Have to write a plan/timetable for cooking the dinner tomorrow; we're having duck for a change, but with all the traditional trimmings - wish me luck!

Wishing all our friends on CT a very Merry Christmas and best wishes for holidays in 2024 however you accomplish them. 🎅🎄🍻🍷

KjellNN replied on 24/12/2023 21:05

Posted on 24/12/2023 21:05

We have had similar weather to TG, sunny off and on, but very windy.  Long time since we have had such strong winds, we have some big trees out back and they were really thrashing around.  Seems to have abated now as it has gone quite quiet outside.

We had a marathon present wrapping and tidying up this afternoon, so now more or less sorted for tomorrow, just a small bag to pack as we are staying over at DD's, and our air fryer to take with us to supplement the oven.

Hope you all have a good Christmas!

triky auto replied on 25/12/2023 21:18

Posted on 23/12/2023 20:40 by DavidKlyne

Triky 

I assume you are at your usual destination, Waverley Park? We enjoyed our stay there a few years ago but just wish it wasn't such a steep climb up to the site from East Cowes!!!

Merry Christmas Everyone

David

Posted on 25/12/2023 21:18

Yes David ,Waverley" it is !! Agree with you about that return bit ,but i use the 'Smart ' so it 's not a problem, although with two knee replacements (getting near the time limit ) i would'nt fancy it either !! 

Still blowing a gale again today,& rain on & off,but stayed of long enough for an excellent Xmas day  lunch at the " Folly "" .

Rufs replied on 26/12/2023 08:34

Posted on 26/12/2023 08:34

"Still blowing a gale again today,& rain on & off,but stayed of long enough for an excellent Xmas day lunch at the " Folly ""

i was walking daughters dogs at Stokes Bay approx 1400hrs yesterday and did wave but could not see the island just covered in mist and rain, promising to be better today enjoy.

Great day yesterday with family and friends but weather was aweful.

Boxing day tradition is to go and watch Gosport Borough play football, kick off 12:30 but i think i will let the youngsters do that, my knees are not able to stand for 2 hrs now, ok if walking but standing not good. We already have blue skies so I think i will be in charge of the dogs laughing

moulesy replied on 26/12/2023 15:58

Posted on 26/12/2023 15:58

"In the bleak midwinter" just about summed up Christmas Day here in Perranporth - you'd have thought Ralph might have given us the chance of a lie in, but no such luck, so a cold, wet & windy walk up on the dunes to enjoy! surprised

But, in better news, Christmas Dinner was all sorted and timed to perfection, duck in port sauce (nice change) with all the trimmings (well, no stuffing) - think I might have to work on my presentation skills before trying for Masterchef though! laughing

moulesy replied on 26/12/2023 16:02

Posted on 26/12/2023 16:02

And today was a much better day, went down to Perranporth beach after our walk to watch The annual Boxing Day "swim" - it was a very low tide so quite a few folk started from the rocks on the beach rather than the surf life saving clubhouse, which is cheating a bit really (says he  warmly wrapped up in 3 upper layers, thermal trousers and wellies!) laughing

Happy Boxing Day, everyone!

RedKite replied on 26/12/2023 16:15

Posted on 26/12/2023 16:15

Some brave souls there Moulesy brr.

Your xmas dinner looked good, we had turkey breast and roasted veg yesterday and today finished what was left of turkey and a salad plus a small Sainsbury's xmas pudding and ice cream.

Lovely day yesterday blue skies and nearly 12C and today started off ok with a sharp frost and blue skies then changed to thick fog for most of the day and very much cooler 4.2C brr. 

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook