What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

RedKite replied on 23/12/2023 18:49

Posted on 23/12/2023 18:49

Merry Christmas from us in France.

A Christmas decorated Mini Cooper in Villefranche.

nelliethehooker replied on 23/12/2023 20:11

Posted on 23/12/2023 20:11

Millie, good to read that your OH is feeling well enough to go for a walk already.

Much less windy last night and through the day, also not had any rain so far which makes a change. We didn't do much other than walks from the van around the 1.5+ml, dry and clean footpath that there is around the farm's fields.

Wishing everyone has an enjoyable, merry and peaceful Christmas. 

DavidKlyne replied on 23/12/2023 20:40

Posted on 23/12/2023 18:41 by triky auto

Greetings  ,, to all our members ,, from the I.o.W ,(my usual .break ) rough crossing today, the put me on freight boat " Red Kestral "owing to other boats out of service !! No restaurant ,no drinks,rattly old boat .

Well they said 'maintenance ' ,Hmm not sure about that ?? Not enough clients /not enough crews .Funny the other outfit " Whitelink " claim the same !! 

Posted on 23/12/2023 20:40

Triky 

I assume you are at your usual destination, Waverley Park? We enjoyed our stay there a few years ago but just wish it wasn't such a steep climb up to the site from East Cowes!!!

Merry Christmas Everyone

David

Takethedogalong replied on 23/12/2023 22:44

Posted on 23/12/2023 17:09 by milliehull

I haven't received it yet tda.  It's not in my junk folder either πŸ€”

Posted on 23/12/2023 22:44

I will try again MillieπŸ€”πŸ˜

KjellNN replied on 24/12/2023 00:26

Posted on 24/12/2023 00:26

Miserable wet and windy day here, sounds like we are in for more strong winds tomorrow.

We had a successful day, final food pick ups at M&S and Morrisons,  both  car parks full but stores not that busy.  No queues at all for picking up orders.  We have ended up organising most of the food as DD has her hands pretty full with looking after the boys.  

She did manage to dispatch Daddy and the boys to the library and then to Granny's to give her peace to wrap presents, so when we arrived at 11.50 I was immediately put on wrapping duties, which took us about an hour, then we all had lunch before we went for the Christmas food orders.

Much less traffic about today than yesterday, and shops less crowded.   Yesterday I managed to lose OH in Tesco as there were so many people I could not see where she had gone.   Neither of us are  tall, so seeing each other in a crowd is tricky!

There were indeed quite a few menfolk in the  crowds, as mentioned earlier, wandering around with lists and looking a bit lost.    I sometimes get  handed a short list and get sent across to Lidl for things like milk and orange juice, but anything more than about 6 items needs OH to be present.

On the 25th we will go down to DD's around 10.30, OH has volunteered me to help prepare the vegetables, something which I actually enjoy, and am good at, having learned from my Mother, and while in the army.   I used to also cook a bit when I was younger, but leave it to OH these days, preferring to be the kitchen assistant.

We have a "regime" while at home,I do breakfast, we share lunch, OH does dinner, and I do the bedtime drinks.    When away in the caravan we do much the same, but  I am chief dishwasher.  At home OH does the stuff that cannot go in the DW.

Got another letter from the NHS today, this time telling me I had  meantime been declared  medically unfit for this  operation until 14th February, but should be dealt with by 25th April.  So they have initially set aside 8 weeks to investigate whatever the ECG has shown.    Too much calcium in the blood can affect many organs such as the heart, kidneys and brain, so delaying this operation too long is bad, it is a bit of a vicious circle.

Sounds like Easter holidays may be ruled out, but should hopefully be OK for our Summer trip to  Norway.

JollyKernow replied on 24/12/2023 08:50

Posted on 24/12/2023 08:50

Morning Everyone

Not been on for a while, thought I'd bob in to say Happy Christmas to all. We're two weeks in of our permitted 90 days here in Spain. Having done quite a few winters here, this winter so far is unseasonably warm. Not complaining though! This year we're in bricks and mortar as it's now so much cheaper than coming over in the van. 

We're a bit bah humbug this year so it will be a long walk tomorrow then a barbie followed by probably too much vino. Our neighbours have invited us over for a drink, they're a lovely couple just over from Finland they have a Concorde motorhome but have done the same as us this year so it will be nice to have a chat.

Anyway I hope everyone has a good festive period and that darned rain eases of!

Feliz Navidadlaughing

JK

DSB replied on 24/12/2023 09:17

Posted on 24/12/2023 09:17

Hi everyone.  Just popped in to say a quick Merry Christmas to one and all.... sorry it's a bit early, but today is a bit busy so might not get on later...  For anyone who really wants to listen, here is a link to the little Christmas Song I got talked into writing for this year...  πŸ˜†.... it just makes a bit of a change from 'the usual'... quality isn't brilliant, but it's from what someone recorded on tbeir mobile phone....  only just put it on YouTube for the Singers to have a listen... πŸ˜†

https://youtu.be/jx1wCWZkCuQ?si=Fet4x_ZVpTkIZLY7

Have a great Christmas everyone.

David

heddlo replied on 24/12/2023 10:59

Posted on 24/12/2023 09:17 by DSB

Hi everyone.  Just popped in to say a quick Merry Christmas to one and all.... sorry it's a bit early, but today is a bit busy so might not get on later...  For anyone who really wants to listen, here is a link to the little Christmas Song I got talked into writing for this year...  πŸ˜†.... it just makes a bit of a change from 'the usual'... quality isn't brilliant, but it's from what someone recorded on tbeir mobile phone....  only just put it on YouTube for the Singers to have a listen... πŸ˜†

David

Posted on 24/12/2023 10:59

That was great DSB, very cheery!  Well done to you and the choir.   Happy Christmas.  

HelenandTrevor replied on 24/12/2023 11:27

Posted on 24/12/2023 09:17 by DSB

David

Posted on 24/12/2023 11:27

Wonderful David, what a lovely choir. Merry Christmas πŸŽ… 

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook