What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

Wherenext replied on 03/05/2021 21:34

Posted on 03/05/2021 21:34

Oh Francis, Francis, Francis!!! Oh boy, you must have been thanking some Saint or other.

We've only ever had a scare once when towing. First time out in a new car to us, a Mazda 3, heading for the club site at Denham en route to the Continent. Got to the outskirts of London and notice the tank on red. Then missed the services as it was one of those where you had to leave the road for. Yikes. Down the A40, not a station in sight. Got to within 3 miles of club site and found one. The sheer relief was palpable. We soon found out the car ate fuel when towing so we changed it pretty quickly.

Is SWMBO talking to you yet?laughing

nelliethehooker replied on 03/05/2021 21:44

Posted on 03/05/2021 21:44

We have had heavy rain this afternoon and the winds are now a lot stronger than earlier on. Managed a couple of dry walks,this morning from the van and then another between the showers this afternoon. Rest of the time was spent reading.

Grand pictures M, hope that for the rest of the week the weather is kind to you, and you are able to fit in more walking.

Pleased to hear that you made it home safely, Francis. I try not to allow our tank get below 1/4 full anytime, although last,week I was searching hard to find a filling station knowing that we had a fair distance to tow to get here.

Millie, good to read that you had a good day out at Elton gardens, will have to visit there sometime when we are down that way.

Hope all that are out are safe and sheltered from the worst of the winds. Fortunately it looks as if the weather will 've better tomorrow.

Takethedogalong replied on 03/05/2021 22:07

Posted on 03/05/2021 08:35 by milliehull

Auriculas at Easton Walled Garden

Posted on 03/05/2021 22:07

Glad you had a nice time Millie. The Auriculas are beautiful, the Head Gardeners pride and joy I think๐Ÿ˜ We spent quite a while chatting about them with him. It’s a long time since I have seen so many, and in beautiful condition. 

M, glad you having a good time. Hope weather picks up a bit for you.๐Ÿ‘

ABM replied on 03/05/2021 23:11

Posted on 03/05/2021 23:11

An appalling soggy old day in Cheshire today ~~ down spout got blocked twice by the moss that's getting washed down from the roof, yell.

At least the modifications I did to the grids has done the trick & allows the moss to pile up but not stop the rain from draining away.  Stopped raining here, but forecast for tomorrow is heavy showers with 'music' at times - Don't think I'll be listening tho'  wink.

Stay Safe, Stay Well Fuelled  innocent

Francis replied on 04/05/2021 00:10

Posted on 04/05/2021 00:10

Happy to report that I am being spoken to again so the take away worked just as well really because it would be a bit cold sleeping out in the shed tonight hehe lesson learned I won’t be doing that again (won’t be allowed to do that again more like)Had a call earlier on this evening confirming our booking at a CL for the late May bank holiday weekend so that’s something else to look forward to. Brue - I hope BMW don’t find anything too expensive wrong with the car 120 miles on electric seems good although I must admit my knowledge of electric cars is limited 

ABM replied on 04/05/2021 09:15

Posted on 04/05/2021 09:15

Francis ~~  seeing that you have  reasonable distance on electrickery  in your BMW  what else can I say but :~~

May The Force Be With You !

Sorry, I'll get my coat  embarassed

KjellNN replied on 04/05/2021 09:50

Posted on 03/05/2021 21:33 by brue

Hope it won't be too long before your son touches down in the uk TG!

KJ I'm sure Callum will enjoy your home as he gets bigger, sounds like there are lots of climbing opportunities. smile

Francis we had a problem on the M5 yesterday, although our EV has a tiny fuel tank to boost the battery charge OH hadn't bothered to top the fuel up (all 8 pints of it...)  and a warning light came on just when he switched the fuel on....so we didn't know if the booster system was working. We did the 120 mile round trip to my sister on electric, so not bad but the car will have to go on the BMW computer tomorrow. So a somewhat fraught journey, glad you made it home ok! wink)

I have been watching our very tall birch trees bending in the strong winds today, leaves, catkins and small branches scatttered everywhere but the trees themselves have hung on for grim life. I never like windy weather, what a start to May!

Posted on 04/05/2021 09:50

There are indeed many climbing opportunities as our bannisters are the typical 80s style horizontal bars, which are excellent for climbing on, and the width of the staircase makes it almost impossible to fit a stair gate.

However, he was closely supervised, and I think our "breaky things" were in far more danger than he was!

We are not set up for small, inquisitive,  children.....too much interesting stuff at low levels.

brue replied on 04/05/2021 10:00

Posted on 04/05/2021 09:15 by ABM

Francis ~~  seeing that you have  reasonable distance on electrickery  in your BMW  what else can I say but :~~

May The Force Be With You !

Sorry, I'll get my coat  embarassed

Posted on 04/05/2021 10:00

I think you'll need your hat as well...did you mean Brue?! laughing

brue replied on 04/05/2021 10:03

Posted on 04/05/2021 09:50 by KjellNN

There are indeed many climbing opportunities as our bannisters are the typical 80s style horizontal bars, which are excellent for climbing on, and the width of the staircase makes it almost impossible to fit a stair gate.

However, he was closely supervised, and I think our "breaky things" were in far more danger than he was!

We are not set up for small, inquisitive,  children.....too much interesting stuff at low levels.

Posted on 04/05/2021 10:03

We've had visiting grandchildren over the years and and we've learned to keep things above ground level but it has never stopped them reaching anything interesting. wink

Francis replied on 04/05/2021 10:41

Posted on 04/05/2021 10:00 by brue

I think you'll need your hat as well...did you mean Brue?! laughing

Posted on 04/05/2021 10:41

Yes I drive a very plain Volvo estate diesel suits my age haha not as exotic as an electric BMW

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook